NEW VERSION OUT NOW

Was gonna do some quick editing and realised I wanted to change too much for it to be a 'quick edit,' so here we are with a whole new story!!

This story will stay up, read it and enjoy it! This story and the new version can be read separately as two different stories as they will be VERY different. 

I had a family member who wanted to read my book recently, so I did a bit of editing

I had a family member who wanted to read my book recently, so I did a bit of editing. Come to find out I wanted to scrap the story and start fresh; I'm writing an entirely new book instead! Read it please, and give it a try. It's completely different from this story

Here's a taster; PROLOGUE

" Come fairies,

take me out of this dull world,

for I would ride with you upon the wind,

and dance upon the mountains like a flame."

- William Butler Yeats

◆◆◆

On a noiseless Sunday afternoon, a woman clad in scale armor approached the door of a small thatch hut on the outskirts of an almost inconsequential village and hesitated. She had not come by, boat, train, or truck. She had not hitched a ride with a peddler, nor had she walked. Simply preferring to appear, as if stepping out of the clouds. The woman knocked on the door once and waited only a moment before stepping inside.

A man opened the door leading to the bedroom and whipped a hand over his face," What do you want-" Colour drained from the man's face upon seeing the women at the entrance, and a female voice called out behind his back," Love? Who is it?"

The woman at the door smirked, but when she spoke it was all teeth and ice," Is that your lover Christophe?" Her voice was oddly accented and when she moved deeper into the form Christophe moved to block her.

The sound of a small child's cries echoed throughout the night and the stranger stilled," Is that my child, Christophe?"

Christophe shook his head violently," No, there is no child-" He stuttered in and out, never able to keep his voice from shaking.

The woman straightened and looked down her long nose," I've seen a lot in my lifetime. I've seen the moon rise in the morning. I've seen the ocean without a single droplet of water, but I'll admit; I've never heard of a child crying born from nothing," She stepped closer until the woman was nose to nose with the human man that had stolen her heart and in the same breath broken it she spoke again, her breath creating clouds of frost," Do you know what it was like to return home to find my husband and child gone?"

Christophe had no words, and could only take several steps back in fright as the picture before him started to crumble once more, and the glittering image of the women before him began to change. Skin turning to a modeled shade of black, scales replacing flesh. Teeth that seemed too large for her mouth and eyes that seemed too large for her face.