(Chapter 12) Reunion Part 1

Your POV

I can feel them all around me. Judgmental eyes that bore into my very existence. They stare at me with confusion, disgust and some even with envy.

Right now, Asia is hugging me tightly in public.

"A-Asia, calm down..."

"No!"

"Asia, please. You're causing a scene..." I could feel my face flush with embarrassment as she tightened her grip on me and pushed her bust further into my chest.

I knew something was wrong with Asia, but I didn't think it'd turn out like this...

It all started this morning after the rating game.

I hadn't told Asia I was going to fight that night, so she didn't know I left at all. Apparently she stayed up at home, waiting for me to come back since she needed to talk to me about something, but since I teleported into my room after dealing with Rias, she had no idea I was safe at all until the next morning when I came out and greeted her.

As expected, her reaction was quite powerful.

"Morning Asia-"

"Issei!" Instantly, she glomped onto me with all her might. She nearly knocked the wind out of me as I fought to regain my balance.

"Where were you last night?! I couldn't find you anywhere!" I could sense the overwhelming worry within her as she looked at me.

Her eyes darted around my body in order to check for any injuries, but she found none.

"Sorry...I was out late dealing with something."

"Dealing with something?"

"Yeah. I had to make good on a promise I made with someone."

"What promise?" She was adamant on finding out what I was talking about, but I don't know if it's ok for me to talk about the rating game.

"I...can't tell you. Trust me, I want to! But I'm just not sure if I can share someone else's personal information like that."

Her cheeks puffed out in anger as she tried to ask me more about it, but I managed to slip past her and get into the shower. That morning was awkward, but it pales in comparison to what happened that afternoon.

Lunchtime had finally come around, and I decided to sit near the field today. The breeze was so nice, I couldn't help but lay down and close my eyes for a bit while Asia went to grab some drinks from the vending machine.

As I was relaxing, I felt a shadow loom over me and cracked open my eyes, only to regret doing so instantly. My eyes were given a full blown view of black laced underwear and crimson hair that got swept up in the wind.

It was Rias.

"Good morning, Issei. Wonderful weather we're having today."

"Rias?" She was the last person I expected to come up and talk with me.

Once I greeted her, she promptly sat down, uncomfortably close to me, and placed down a wrapped box in my lap.

"Seeing as it's lunch time, I thought I'd bring you over the food I made for you this morning."

"...You made a lunch box for me?"

"Yes. I know you said I didn't need to thank you, but I still feel the need to at least do this much." She stared at me with pure eyes and a small grin on her face. She was expecting me to eat it.

I looked between her and the wrapped box and decided to at least give it a bite. It would be rude to simply deny it after she went to such lengths to make it.