Chapter 1

*Rosalie's P.O.V* -5 YEARS LATER-

 “Ivy, you have to get up. We need to be at grandma’s house in an hour.” I told my five year old that was persistent of not getting out of bed.

“No.” she said in her five year old voice. “I don’t want to get out of bed.” She pouted giving me puppy eyes. She had hazel colored eyes that could make you melt. Just like her dad.

“If you get out of bed and get dressed all by yourself, after grandma’s we can go get ice cream.” I told her smiling a bit.

“OKAY!” she said in excitement jumping out of bed. “Go mom, when you get in here I will be all ready.” She pushed me out of her room so she could go get dressed.

I walked into my room sighing. I was already showered; I just had to get dressed. My little girl was very smart for her age. She could pronounce words that most kids her age couldn’t. I was incredibly proud of her. But sometimes I can’t help but think how my life would be different if she was never born….

“I AM READY MOM!” she yelled from her room.

“I’ll be there in a second, let me find my outfit!” I yelled back. I took out my clothes and got dressed. I did my hair and walked into my daughter’s room.

She was sitting in front of her mirror and waiting for me to comb her hair. She had long brown hair that was so soft. I loved her hair. I loved to comb it, to play with it, I just loved it.

“All done, you ready to leave?” I asked her standing up. She nodded excitedly and ran down the steps laughing.

I grabbed the keys and we left the house. I helped her into the car and buckled her seat belt for her. I gave her a kiss on the head like I do every time and got into the driver’s seat.

“Hey mom?” she asked me after a few moments.

“Yes sweetie?” I asked her.

“Why my hair brown, and yours is is white?” she asked in her 5 year old voice.

My breathing stopped. She has never asked these kinds of questions before. “Well, um… your dad had black hair and brown and white mix together. My eyes are grey and his eyes were hazel, and that is why-“

“My eyes are hazel. Why doesn’t daddy live with us? Who is my daddy? Is he nice? What does he look like?” she bombarded me with questions.

“Why are you asking all of these questions?” I asked her back.

Before she could answer we were already at my mom’s house and she was already fussing in her seat to get out. I unbuckled her seat belt and she ran into my mom’s backyard. I hugged my mom and Ivy ran up to the room she had there to put on her bathing suit to go in the pool.

“How’ve you been, Rosalie?” my mom asked handing me some lemonade.

“The same. I wish I was better. I think Ivy knows I’m not happy. She has her dad’s mind. She can read anyone like a book.” I heard squealing and saw Ivy with her floaties jump into the shallow part of the pool. I smiled at my daughter. She was so careless, free, innocent, and perfect. I wanted to have that life… I used to have that life.

“It hurts mom. Every day she grows up and looks and acts just like him.” I bit my lip. I wasn’t going to cry. I forgot how to cry. Like I said… I am numb.

“It’ll get better honey.” She rubbed my back.

After a few moments of watching Ivy attempt to swim in the pool my mom spoke. “You probably don’t want to hear this but-“

“Mom come here! Come watch me swim from here to you! Stand over there!” Ivy ordered. I stood up and walked over to where she told me to go. “Count to three!”

“Okay, 1…2…3!”

She started to swim. Stopping every few seconds, but never stopping. She kept going and going until she got to me. I picked her up put of the pool and gave her a high-five. “I’m so proud of you sweetie. Now go get dried off and dressed so we can go get ice cream.” I told her. She nodded and walked off into the house.

I walked to my mom grabbing my purse. “What were you saying?” I asked her.

She looked up from her phone. “What? Oh, well you know Emily, one of my best friends?” I nodded. “Well, she told me that she saw Zayn yesterday at the art shop and texted me with a picture and everything.” She held me a picture. He was wearing a white v-neck, shorts, and sneakers. His hair was in a quiff and he looked incredibly good.

“But-“

“Who’s Zayn?” Ivy asked from behind me.

“Um, no one dear. Are you ready to get ice cream?” I asked her trying to distract myself from the news I just heard. She nodded excitedly and gave my mom a hug, dragging me to the car.

We arrived at the Ice Cream parlor and ordered our ice cream. She got chocolate with sprinkles and I got cookie dough.

“You have chocolate all over your face, oh my goodness.” I smiled a bit and wiped it off her face with a napkin. She licked her chocolate lips and giggled.

“I’ll be right back, I am going to get a water.” I kissed her forehead and bought water.

When I got back to our table Ivy wasn’t there. My heart pace quickened and I looked around. I heard her voice and followed it to the tables in the back. My heart stopped when I saw who she was talking too.

“I’m Ivy, and me and you have the same color eyes! I haven’t met someone with the same eye color before. My mom says my dad has the same eye color as me!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Who do you think it wassss????

-Outfit in external link.

-Ivy on the side. Isn't she cute?

-Cheyenne xx