Chapter 5 "Back to the schedule"

Hope you guys like this story so far!

                                                                                  ~~~

Alex and Sam were very excited about their engagement even though they wouldn't get married for at least a year. The couple headed back home on Sunday night to find Jason and Emma passed out on the sofa, drunk of course.

 Justin was in his room crying because he couldn't handle his parents coming home like this anymore. " Max do you think you can come over right now? Just bring your school bag and clothes. Please, I don't want to be alone" Justin was shaking as he spoke. As soon as his parents got home they were tripping all over the place. It was the first time Justin was awake when they got home.

 " Ok. Sure thing, I'll be there in 15" Justin hung up and ran to his washroom with his cellphone in his hands.

 "Sam do you hear that?" Alex heard a familiar sound coming from down the hall. "It sounds like somebody is crying." Alex and Sam slowly moved their way down the hall ad Sam pressed his ear against the door.

 "It's coming from here" Alex tried the knob but it was locked. "Damn, it's locked. How do I open it?" she asked Sam. He took a bobby pin out of her hair and held it out.

"Good thinking," Alex said as she wiggled it around in the keyhole to open it.

"Justin! Is everything ok?" Alex ran towards him and pulled him into a hug. "Mom and dad are really drunk and were screaming and falling all over the place so I hid in my room and called Max over. I ran in here a few minutes ago" he wiped away his tears while hugging Alex back.

 "You've never seen them like this before, have you?" Justin shook his head no. "Come on, let's go outside and wait for Max to get here."

Max arrived 5 minutes later " hey bro, you ok?" Justin shook hi head yes " I've just never seen them like that before." For once in her life Alex actually felt bad for her little brother, she was so use to getting neglected because her parents were always at work or out but Justin, never needed them so it was a huge shock for him to see them that drunk.

Sam brought the kids upstairs to the entertainment room to play video games and just all hang out while Alex, had other plans. Alex marched straight to the living room where her parents were past out and grabbed two cups of water and threw them in each of her parents' faces to wake them up.

 "What the hell Alex what are you doing?!" screamed Jason " what the hell am I doing?! What the he'll are you two doing drunk when Justin is home alone?! He is scared to death from seeing you idiots prancing through the door and falling all over the place!"

Emma looked at Jason and back at Alex, "it's not a big deal, like he said, he can take care of himself just fine." Alex's face turned a different tint of red.

 "You guys will stop this! Grandma isn't around anymore to take care of him like she took care of me when you were off partying, and I'm moving out next year so clean up your f*cking act and take care of your son while you still have the chance!" Emma and Jason have never seen Alex this angry before. Never the less have they seen her sticking up for her brother. They looked at each other both feeling guilt.

 "You're right, I'm so- were sorry" Jason looked down at a pillow while Emma was wiping off a tear from her face. " Very well then. Shower up and get ready for bed to sleep off your alcohol levels," and with that Alex slowly walked up the stairs proud of what she had just done. 

"Are you ok Alex?" Sam said while pulling her into a hug, he noticed that she was shaking. " I heard what you were telling them, thanks." Justin said from the sofa trying to keep a smile from coming. " Who wants pizza?" Sam said to break the awkwardness of the situation "me!" Max answered a bit too excited since he loved pizza, everyone couldn't help but giggle a bit.

 "What? I love pizza," Max answered in a goofy way. "Ok then. I'll make the call" Sam said and went towards his bag to get his cellphone and order a pizza but it would take a while since it was buried deep inside in-between his clothing from Alex's birthday-camping-weekend.

"So Alex, what's that ring on your finger?" Alex looked down at her engagement ring. "Oh yeah, it was a present from Sam. I got a new sweater, two cards, and a makeup kit too" Alex said this without acting weird. " Oh that's lame, no money or video games?" Justin suspected nothing. He was back to being his annoying-little-brother self.

 "Like I said. Gift cards, there is money on them, and eww. Of course no games, I'm 17 and a girl!"

 Justin shrugged his shoulders and continued his game " ok I just called them, they said if the pizzas not here in 30 minutes that it'll be free" Sam informed everyone. 

"Let's time it and see what happens" Alex quickly pulled out her iPod and clicked timer.

 "5.... 4.... 3...2...1.... 0! " everyone counted out loud in excitement that they had just scored free pizza. Seconds later the doorbell rang but it had been 31 minutes "that'll be thirteen dollars and forty six cents" said the pizza guy while sticking his hand out. "Actually, the pizzas free since you took 31 minutes so I'll just give you your tip." Sam said smirking while holding out a five-dollar bill. The pizza guy looked annoyed but still thanked him for the tip and walked away.

"And that's what you call skills," Sam said putting his hands in his pockets feeling cool.

" No, that's what you call a fail on the pizza guys driving skills," said Alex while crossing her arms. "No, this is what you call a fail," Sam went quickly to poke her side since she was ticklish but Alex moved over causing Sam to fall on the sofa.

 "Yeah your right, that is what you call a fail" Alex was laughing so hard that she failed to see that Sam had a pillow in his hand. "That's what you think" and he threw it at her and ran upstairs with the pizza and the two boys " oh I'll get you back," Alex said to herself with a grin on her face. 

Everyone went back upstairs to watch a movie while Sam went to the washroom. Alex could control the lights from the outside and since it was her washroom she could access it straight from her room.

" Oh my god, what just happened?" Sam said zipping his pants up realizing that it was pitch black now, and then he heard a small creek from somewhere.

"Hello?" he was starting to get scared. "Somebody open the door," he said loudly but no one could hear him outside because of the movie. Sam then felt cold hands around his neck and was pushed into the bath tub " what are yo-" he then had tape on his mouth and his hands were being tied up "mmmm" Sam tried to scream but.

 Sam then felt his pants being undone and he was freaking out "gotcha" said Alex, who then started laughing " mmmm" Sam wanted to be untied " oh right."

 Alex took the tape off of his mouth causing Sam to complain, "ouch that hurt!"

"Here, I'll kiss it better" and Alex did while Sam put his tied up hands over her head and they continues to make out.

 "Oh sh*t!" Alex exclaimed, " What's wrong?" Sam was confused since no one caught them. "They're going to eat all of the pizza!" Sam started laughing " then we better go out there now and eat it ourselves," so they quickly did to find Justin sleeping on the sofa and max sleeping on the floor.

 "I'll take mine and you take yours" Alex said to Sam for them to bring the boys back to Justin's room. "Ok" Sam nodded and they turned off the TV leaving that night as a memory.