Chapter 24 "I'm Sorry Bro. Alex Will Understand"

Love Unexpected Chapter 24: "I'm sorry bro. Alex will understand"

Recap: Alex’s P.O.V

I drove off thinking about the baby and how excited Sam was going to be about it. My thoughts were ruined when I remembered that he would be back before the trial where, if I didn’t tell everyone the truth; the criminals wouldn’t pay the full price.

Great way to ruin the mood, eh?

                                                              ~~~~~~~~~~

When I got home Justin kept bombarding me with questions about what happened to me. I told him everything but the pregnancy. He just wanted to know how I ended up passed out in the cornfield so I told him that I went for a run without eating much. I told him that my stomach started hurting and that I tripped and couldn’t get up anymore and then I felt cold for some weird reason. He believed every word.

“So did you talk to Sam? “ Justin asked. “Yes. We talked for a while before the doctor came in. I think we’re ok now.” I said smiling. I still couldn't believe that Sam and I made up… Sort of.

“So you told him everything?” He asked sounding hopeful. I frowned.

“No. I just apologized for being mean and moody.” I told him while patting him on the back. He gave me a sad smile.

“Oh. Ok. I hope that you tell him soon. I don’t want to see you guys ever fighting again. It’s worse than the time I found mom and dad drunk and that was bad.” He said completely seriously and walked away.

That day was scary for Justin. I’ve never seen him cry like that. Sure, I’ve seen him cry as a baby but never after the age of three. The only time he cried after that was when he broke his arm. And that was only in the first five minutes after it broke.

I was thinking about what he said while walking towards the kitchen for a snack. Should I tell Sam as soon as he gets back? Should I just let the criminals get away with everything they did?

“Alex!” I heard a female voice call. It was Linda.

“Hey Linda. How are you liking your stay so far?” I asked with a genuine smile on my face as she hugged me.

“It’s wonderful. I practically live in the hot tub,” She said laughing.

“That’s great. Just don’t stay in there too long. You might turn into a prune,” I joked with her as she fake-gasped.

“So are you going to tell me the real reason why you ended up at the hospital?” I gawked at her. How? She interrupted my thoughts. “I know what you told Justin is true. But I also know that it isn’t everything.”