3.you're black and blue

Lucy's POV:

Elizabeth turned to me with a smile, but that quickly dropped.

"Oh my, honey," she mumbled. "Do you have some long sleeves?" Ashley came in only a minute after with a long-sleeved shirt. I went to the bathroom and changed into the long-sleeved shirt.

When I came back out, Lizzie had a brush in her hand.

"Your hair is matted, do you want me to help, or do you want to do it yourself?" I actually really wanted her to do it. I haven't properly brushed my hair since my mom disappeared.

"Can you? I don't know how to," she nodded with a smile.

Lizzie's POV:

I don't know why, but I just love Lucy. She's so cute, and it broke my heart to see her arms covered with bruises.

I took her to the couch and wrapped her body in a warm, comfortable blanket.

I started detangling her hair. "Just say something if it hurts," she hummed in response.

Her curls were lovely, but they were matted and needed to be taken care of.

I put on a movie, "Onward," to be exact. She ended up falling asleep again.

When I was done brushing her hair, I put it up into a bun.

I gently tugged up her sleeves, her arms, oh my poor girl. They were littered with cuts and were all bruised.

I lifted up her shirt but quickly dropped it again. What was going on in her household?

You know what? I wouldn't like to know. "Hey Liz, I'm going to go home, good luck with Lucy," she gently kissed my head before leaving.

Lucy stirred awake and smiled at me. "Hey hun, when's your dad home?" I asked. She looked at the clock.

"At 10 o'clock, there's ten hours till," she answered. I gently nodded.

"What would you like for lunch, we can order in?" I asked her. I didn't expect the sudden panic on her face.

"Oh umm, no thank you," she said. Confused by her answer, I asked her again.

"I'm not that hungry, and you shouldn't waste money on me" was my answer.

Maybe she was not really hungry, but she will have to eat dinner; I have to get her to stay. I laid down on the couch; Lucy still sat with her head in her knees.

"I probably need to get home; my brother could come home anytime." Liar, liar, pants on fire.

**Lucy's POV:**

No, no, Lizzie saw through my lie; I can see it on her face, but she doesn't own me. I could just go home if I wanted to.

"Why didn't you say they only get home late?" Come on, think Lucy. Get her off of you; don't bother her.

"Yeah, but my brother likes to check up on me." I stood up and grabbed my folded wet clothes.

"Right, your clothes!" I mumbled to myself and looked around. Where was that fucking bathroom?

"Don't worry; they're yours. I can't fit them anymore anyway," I relaxed. "I'll drop you off; the streets are quite busy this time." I just agreed. Why not?

"Here's my number; text me if you want to talk books or something." A smile crept onto my face.

But I dropped it; I can't get attached to a celebrity. She'll use me as a publicity stunt, then she'll abandon me. If I ever do get out of my shithole in the first place.

'Thank you' I mouthed, and she put the number into her phone; she also put my number into her phone.

She drove me home and left again. No one was home, to no one's surprise, so I went to sit on the front door step. A group of teenagers came past; they just laughed and snickered at me. Honestly, I didn't care anymore; they could go fuck themselves.