14. bear cubs

'our minds are troubled by the emptiness'
'if you're still breathing you're the lucky ones, 
cause most of us are heaving through corrupted lungs.
setting fire to our insides for fun'
'we are the reckless, we are the wild youth'

⚠️tw: neglect, alcohol abuse, abuse, underage drinking kind of ⚠️

Lucy's pov:

The rain made the shirt, I had gotten from Elizabeth, stick to my body

I didn't know what direction to go or where my house was. I just knew I had to find it. I knew i had to find my house and some wine. 

Water splashed around my feet and up to cover my legs with the cold liquid. The dark skies cooled down the air and was only lid up by a blinding, fierce lightning bolt, spreading across the sky like a stretch mark across some skin. A deafening  thunder followed.

It's like bear cubs. you see the little, cute bear cub and the mothers loud growl are sure to follow.

It's funny how, when we were little. The thunder was what scared us when the real danger lay in the beauty.

I guess that's how us humans are. We confuse the ugly with the danger.
We seem to think that lighting is harmless when all thunder is, are the sudden change of heat that makes this rumble.

We seem the think that the beautiful popular girls and boys are the harmless ones, when they have the real bite.

A glistening neon sign catches my eye in the dark city. It was no special store, just your regular liquor store.

I looked around for a homeless person. I know it doesn't sound the fanciest.

I spotted one sitting by the 24 hour corner store.
I go over to her.

"Hey do you mind buying me a bottle of wine from the liquor store?"

I grab the hundred dollar bill that I had gotten when my dad gave me 200.

She grabbed the money and went into the small, brightly lid store. Returning with a bottle and 8 dollars and two cents.

"Keep it"

I smile and leave. It's a bit harsh I will admit.

However I do need to get home before the sun sets.
Not that LA ain't lid up at night. It's just easier to find back when it isn't dark.

Don't get me wrong, I love Sherman oaks, but it's huge and a bunch of huge villas and mansions are everywhere. It's so confusing when the night falls.

It's freezing and my hands are turning blue.
I fell and the water on the road turned into a crimson red. Not from the beau vigne cabernet, but from my knee.

My blood mixing with the water running to the sewer.
My hair is curling like a coil from the rain.

But I stand back up and run inside my house. I feel as if I am immortal. As if nothing can hurt me when everything can hurt me.

I slowly closed the door so It wouldn't disturb my father if he happened to be asleep.

Just my luck he wasn't.

"Do you have my wine?"

He immediately grabbed me by my shoulders.
I was so close I could feel his breath on my face.

I slowly give him the wine only to feel him shoving me into the wall.

"you know i don't like this kind of Cabernet"

I pushed his hands of my arms. He was strong, he could've easily stopped me, he could easily snap my arm in two. But he didn't, he let me push his arms and hands off my body.

"I HATE YOU"

I smashed his wine on the floor.

"YOU SHOULD BE IN JAIL! YOU FELON!"

I thought that i was untouchable. I was too brave. I let my voice be used on a deafening scream.
He turned my body so my back was facing him and i felt his hand grab my hair and force my head back. it felt like he was ripping every part of my hair out of me

"listen to me Lucy. Your mom is dead, stone dead. That means i'm in charge, in charge of you, so don't you ever talk to me like that again, ever. Cause if you do i'll make sure you never see daylight again. I was a part of bringing you into this world, i won't be afraid to take you right out of it."

I struggled to get my hair out of his grip so i grabbed his hunting knife-which he apparently carried- and cut my hair. It wasn't the sexiest hair cut, but it's better than him having hair to hold. Then again it wasn't too short.

He was dumbfounded for a moment, so i took it to run to my room and lock the door.
Is this really the only way to survive? Being in constant fight mode?

It took my best not to scream when I heard loud knocks on my wooden door.
"lucy, open the door."

His normal voice turned lighter
"come on open for sweet daddy. I won't hurt you"
As if he was those old men at the playground, when we were kids, trying to lure you with candy. Trying to get you to follow them into their van.

A snickering laugh sounded through the door, bouncing into the wall and almost feeling as if it multiplied.

"lucy i have to punish you, otherwise you won't learn"

I sat on my bed for a while. Just waiting for him to calm down.
He broke the lock on the door and it flew open.

"come with me, please darling"

Here's the thing about bear cups. They're wild, they don't do as the mother bear says. But it just ends in the mother bear going wild.

"get me two beers from the fridge please honey."

I got two beers and handed them to him along with a bottle opener. He grabbed my arm, the cold metal from the bottle opener, pressed against the bare skin of my arm.
He sat me down but i however stood up again.

"come on, i'm so sorry bunny. I had a little aftermath on some drugs i did yesterday."

My bottom lip quivers as i reluctantly make my way towards him.

"you know how much i love you. Don't you?"
he gently stroked my short hair and opened a beer. The smell burned in my nostrils and felt like fingers down my throat.

"you're such a pretty girl, look just like your mamma" 

Tears wanted to come out, wanted to fall down my face but i couldn't cry. He was so comforting, he was like, how he used to be when i was a kid.

He took a sip of beer before forcefully grabbing the hair he could and putting the beer at my mouth.

_______________________________________________________________________

A/N: last chapter was just a little easter egg, but i forgot it to post it on easter day.