4. Deja vu

(Two Weeks Later)

Lucy's POV:

"Lucy, you brat," Dad spat at me. But what did I do?

"Your brother and I are leaving; we will be gone for 2 months. There's two hundred on the kitchen table. I think you know how to behave. And don't call at all, never." His voice grumbled like a wolf.

"Yes, sir," I answered. "And have wine and cigarettes ready when we get home; we'll text you." I nodded at him, and they left.

They better earn good money, or I'll not come to school for weeks.

I went in, grabbed the extra key, and put it on the strap of my bag. I texted one of my friends, and she came over.

"You haven't got school, have you?" I asked Luka. She shook her head and pulled out the Switch.

"So, what are you going to eat? It's not like you can make dinner yourself," she snickered. It was one time, I burned down a kitchen one time, and it was not even my fault! Do not judge me for that.

"Oh, shut it. It was one time," I groaned and laid down on the bed.

"I'll just ask my neighbors or something or cook myself, you little asshole," I said, staring at her.

She came over with the controllers and gave one to me.

"You cook; I'd like to see you try." I put on Mario Party, and we started to play.

"Oh, you're going down!" I laughed at her as I was winning the mini-game.

"Shut it, Lucy," she mumbled and kept pressing to make the pencil longer. We laughed as I won, mostly because Luka smashed a pillow at me.

"Stop," I giggled loudly, trying to get her off of me. "Dad told me he would be happy to pay for you to drive Motocross again; we're losing all our competitions because we lost you." My smile dropped.

"You know I can't drive," I sadly spoke. "I know, but it will only be a couple of competitions, and I mean, your dad is not home for two months. We really need you, Lucifer." I turned off the game and looked into Luka's eyes.

My performer's name is Lucifer.

"Two months, that's it, Loki," she smirked and tickled me again.

"Market on Saturday, 5 pm, gotta show off your skills, darling," she said and ruffled my hair. Why is she older than me? That's unfair.

"Come on, let's drive. My dad can get you some customized gear by Saturday, so you've got to use some other rental." She grabbed my hand, and we rushed out of my house.

I quickly locked my door and grabbed my bike. We rode to the track.

"Déjà vu, I knew it," I smacked my hand against the back of her head and parked my bike.

"Oh my god, Lucy." I looked up and saw Hunter. I hugged him tightly.

"You came back," he said with a huge smile, gently kissing my head before hugging me again.

"Yeah, couldn't let my team turn to dust now, could I, eh?" He laughed and started showing me around like I didn't already know it.

"Yeah, Hunter, I know, I know. Where's Allan?" That's Luka's dad. I jumped back when I saw him come out from the workshop.

"Luka, you got Lucy to come back!" He said, hugging his daughter. I stood there awkwardly looking at the scene.

"Let's get you geared up, shall we?" Hunter asked. I nodded and followed him. We quickly found some gear except for a helmet.

"No, I think that's a little too small," he laughed loudly and took it off of me. He placed his on top of me, and it was too big.

"Your head is too big," I said with a smirk. Gosh, his eyes are pretty. Wait, is he looking at me? Oh, he totally is.

"Yeah, just a wee bit," he said with his fake British accent. I rolled my eyes and grabbed Luka's.

I put it on, and it fit perfectly. "Can't believe it's been five years since you last drove," he spoke sadly.

"Yeah, I was ten; you were twelve. But now I'm back for two months, unless I get injured." He shook his head and picked me up. Yeah, I'm small, but don't point it out like that. It's mean.

I kicked him, but he just laughed and only put me down when we were at the bikes.

"You're mean, really mean," I laughed at him and found one that would be around my size. I tried it, and it fit perfectly on it.

"Perfect, winner owes a pizza and a soda." I spat in my hand, and so did he before we shook hands.

"Who put your hair into a bun?" He asked.

"If I tell you, you won't believe it." I shrugged and dragged my bike into the starting position.

"Elizabeth Olsen." His eyes widened, and he put on his helmet.

"Ain't no way," he muttered in utter shock. Luka came over.

"You two ready?" We gave a nod and started our bikes.

"THREE, TWO, ONE!" she screamed and let the flag fall. He got a head start, but I was quick to catch up to him.

Gosh, it's been a long time since I felt this free, so long since I have done what I loved and not what others wanted me to.

I saw Hunter pick up his speed for the big jump. That's what he does wrong, always too early. First, pick up the speed when you're a meter before going up.

"Wooo," I yelled loudly as I flew in the air.

I punched the air right before I landed, crossing the line before Hunter and slowed down. Normally, we do it in sets, but that's only for competitions.

I slowed the bike but it still drove out of the track. I jumped off the bike when it finally stopped.

Hunter came with a grin on his face. "Alright, alright. I'll accept the defeat, but that jump was amazing. You really need to teach me." I dragged the bike to its place for its driver to take.

"Want to go see a movie? We'll go out for that pizza after." I went into the changing room.

Hunter and I grew up with each other. We have always changed together.

"Sure, let's do that. I get to choose, though." I said with a smirk. His laughter filled my ears.

Like how my dad laughed before Mom disappeared. But after, he has turned into this monster that I barely recognize.