17: siblings love

"there is a swelling storm and I'm caught up in the middle of it all"

"It comes and goes in waves it always does"

⚠️TW: talking about abuse⚠️

Elizabeth's pov:

"elizabeth just come visit, okay?"

I sighed as i was still stirring in my coffee, why? no idea. The silence was killing us both.

"I got a role in this new movie"

Jake smiled and grabbed my coffee and took a sip.
"Oh you did not"

He laughed but it quickly stopped when I poured the rest into his lap, it wasn't hot since it had turned rather chill from staying out too long.

"I hate you. To the core of my heart Elizabeth"

I rolled my eyes and grabbed some paper towels, throwing them at him.
Jake wiped what he could, off of his pants and shirt.

"Thank you I'm very proud of it"

A groan could be heard coming from Jake's side of the table.

Jake picked up a book and I raised an eyebrow, if eyes could speak he would say "what you looking at" then again he did pick up Charlotte's web. Which quite literally is a children's book.

"Tell Mckenzie that I'll stop by soon"

Look I really tried not to laugh at Jake, but he's reading a children's book. I can't just not laugh. It's like going on a suicide mission.

My mind started spinning back to Lucy. Why? Why was she with those teens? Why was her hair so short? Why. Why. Why.

She told me she loved her hair and loved when someone did it for her.
Why did she feel the need to cut it?

I started playing with my rings, twisting and turning.
The air seeped into my lungs and back out.

Faster and faster for each time.

"Are you Elizabeth Olsen?!"

No no no I can't do this. I can't not right now.

Jake grabbed my hand and rubbed his thumb against the back of it. He was trying to tell me how it was going to be alright. I looked at the source of the voice and saw a little girl, no older than 13, honestly lucy looks the same age, just with a bust.

I wiped the tears off of my face and nodded. I couldn't tell her to go away. Maybe this was even good for me?

"could i have a picture with you? if it's not too much of a bother?"

Bright, golden brown eyes looked at me with hope, and a pearly smile that was priceless.
Jake giggled and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. I nodded repeatedly as i got out from the seat i was sitting in.

"yeah sure"

The girl ran up to her mom and gave her, her phone before sprinting back to me.

"can i hug you?"

"of course"

She wrapped her arms around my waist in a hug while looking at the camera on her phone. A big smile formed on my face, as she was hugging me tightly.

After a little while her mom came over and gave the girl her phone back.
they whispered to each other which caused the girl to shyly walk over to me.

"can i ask something ms. olsen"

Ms. olsen? God that makes me sound old.

"yeah what's up?"

A deep red blush spread across the girls face and she fiddled with her fingers.

"how did- i really want to be an actress like you. I was just wondering if you could give me some sort of advice?"

I giggled and grabbed the girls hand.

"just keep going and keep believing. even when you're on your 49th audition"

She smiled and gave me a quick hug before disappearing with her mom
Jake smiled and ordered us both a coffee and chapulas.

Jake returned with Marisol after a little. He placed my coffee In Front of me. Marisol sat down next to Jake with a small cake.

"Have you seen anything to Lucy lately?"

Lucy. Oh I miss her even though it's barely been a day.

"Yeah. She was staying with me for a while, but she left yesterday"

Silence. God I hate silence.

"I saw her hanging out with some teenagers an hour, or so, ago."

"That isn't like her"

I shrugged. I was still not fine, the worry was still attached to my heart and mind. But I am less not okay.

Breathe Liz, just breathe

"Lucy will find her way out of trouble. She always does"

I just gave the slightest nod. Barely noticeable.

But then the realization hit me like a truck.
"Is she in trouble?"

"I hope not"

My nail slipped under another nail and carefully picked at it.

"Hope not?"

"Jake let it g-"

"Lucy's relationship with her dad and older brother isn't exactly the best"

That felt like a stab to my chest.
I knew her dad pushed her down stairs, but I thought it was by accident, and if I put two and two together it gives the answer.

"She usually comes here after a round. Cuddling up with a blanket and a book."

"A round?"

I don't want the answer to that Jake, why did you ask that.

"Abuse"

I blocked out the rest. Not because I wasn't curious. More as if my brain didn't have the capacity to hold it.

I grabbed the to-go cup and left.
I heard some quick shuffling before I felt some arms wrap around me.

It smelled like Jake. It felt like Jake.
It was Jake.

My whole body shook as I had to cross the street, Jake grabbed my hand and dragged me across it and he quickly found my parked car.

As soon as I got in, tears broke out and streamed down my face.