6. The devils girl

Elizabeth's POV:

"Can you wave bye-bye to mommy and Hunter?" I asked Rose, who waved.

They were going out for some sibling thing, and Colin is out with his friends, so it's an aunt and niece day out.

"Wanna know where we're going?" I teased as I tickled her. "Y-yes," she giggled loudly.

Rose has been begging me and her mom to let her try driving a motocross, or well, dirtbike, for what feels like years. So today we'll be going to a dirtbike track, where there is a little market, with stands and stuff.

"Well, your aunt here got us two tickets to go to the dirtbike track, where they will be driving," I started banging my head as I did the rock-on sign with my hands.

Rose laughed at me; I'll be the most silly person if it's for Rose. I'll ride a cow if it made her happy.

"Come on, baby, let's get on the road," I said and held out my hand. Rose just turned four, and she's going to get a younger brother soon; I wonder how she'll react.

I buckled her in before sitting down myself; I started driving and put on the kids' radio for Rose.

"Auntie Wizzie?" I looked at her through the rearview mirror. "Do you think I'll try to drive today?" She asked, excited.

"Maybe, we can ask when we meet one of the drivers?" She nodded and put her head against the car door, and then she was out like a light.

I turned down the music and continued to drive until we were there, which, to be honest, wasn't a long time.

"Come on, wake up, Sleeping Beauty," I whispered and gently shook Rose awake.

She shot up and ran out of the car, clearly excited to see the races. "Slow down there, darling," I chuckled and grabbed her hand.

We went to the ticket booth, and I showed the man my tickets.

The first thing Rose saw was a driver by her bike. 'Lucifer' stood on the back; her clothes were red, and so was her helmet. I think it was a girl.

I'm taking a lucky shot there.

"Go say hi," I whispered to Rose, and gone was she. She jumped happily on her spot as she was talking to the driver.

"Can I see your face?" Oh my god, Rose.

The driver nodded and took the helmet off. Lucy? It was Lucy!

"Oh my god, Lucy!" It slipped out of my mouth, and she looked at me. She smiled and waved.

"Do you know my aunt?" Rose asked tilting her head in curiosity. I laughed and went over to Rose.

"Yeah, little one, we met at a café with lots of books!" She explained. Lucy lifted Rose up on her bike, like it was nothing, I mean a five-year-old does weigh a bit.

"Look, Auntie Wizzie!" Rose laughed loudly. "Lucy, it's your turn to race." She nodded and took down Rose before dragging her bike to the start line.

Rose and I went up to watch the race.

"Welcome, guys, to Devil's racers final race for today's market. On the left, we have Loki; she's an experienced driver and the daughter of the owner, though don't worry, the rest won't go easy on her. Her dirtbike did a loud roaring before they started to speak again.

"Next to her, we have Hunter; he's not a devil, but he's a master of driving." A lot of people cheered before he also made his bike sound.

"Oh, the right, we have the angels. Firstly, we have Sabreal; her real name is Sacha, and she's a devil in disguise." Her machine roared, and Rose laughed, jumping in her seat.

"Next to Sacha, we have Maalik; he's the boss, he owns this track, Allan." Everybody cheered; I guess most of these are usuals.

"Then in the middle, for today's race, we have a special driver. She's been driving since she was three; we lost her when she was ten, but we have her back! LUCY BECKER BETTER KNOWN AS LUCIFER!" Everybody cheered even louder.

Was she really that good? I guess we'll see.

"Auntie, look," it was Lucy; she was approaching the jump, the big one. I don't like this; what if she falls and breaks her neck?

My stomach hurts. Why hasn't she picked up speed yet? Oh no, please don't let her fall. I can't watch this. I breathed out when she gracefully flew through the air and landed without a scratch on her body.

Well, at least from the jump.

"That's so cool," Rose squealed, wiggling in her seat. A woman came up and sat down next to me.

"Did you place a bet?" She asked me; you could do that?

"No, I didn't know you could bet," I answered honestly.

"If anyone else than Lucy wins, you get 10 thousand, but you won't because Lucy is the best we have," she said and ate her hotdog.

She suddenly shot up and jumped into the track. 

"Too close!" She yelled and did some weird signs to that Maalik guy. He didn't realize anything and ran straight into Lucy. I covered Rose's eyes.

Lucy got up with a limp and helped the guy that ran into her away right before the bikes caught on fire.

"YOU'RE TOO DAMN CLOSE, DAD, THAT COULD HAVE KILLED BOTH OF YOU," a rider yelled.

Lucy did a thumbs up to the people in the booths to let us know she was alright. People ran in with fire extinguishers and stopped the fire. She limped her way out of the track, and I felt my heart drop to my stomach. A rider followed her and helped her to get to what I assume is the changing room.

Another rider came and waited outside; the rider took off his helmet, and it was a boy, it was that Hunter guy.

When Lucy came out, she jumped into his arms, and he swung her around.