7. 911

Lucy's POV:

I noticed Elizabeth staring at me, and I wondered why.

I saw Allan being carried to an ambulance. I rushed over to them even though it hurt.

"What happened?" I asked worried.

"We see signs of a stroke or seizure, but we're not allowed to diagnose on the field," one of the paramedics explained. I looked back at the changing room where Luka came out.

"LUKA!" I yelled loudly, and she rushed over to me.

"You go with him," I whispered and practically shoved her into the ambulance.

After they had driven away, my legs gave up, and I dropped to the ground. Hunter came over to me and helped me up.

"Thank you," I sighed as he gently supported me while I walked to the stands.

I blinked away the tears; gosh, this was hurting.

"Wait," I whispered and leaned against the wall.

"Are you okay?" Hunter asked gently. I nodded my head and let out a cry.

"Lucy, you're clearly not okay," he whispered with a slight yell.

"I am fine, Hunter," I stated and tried to limp my way upstairs, but I fell down, hurting my back in the process.

"Oh my, Lucy, are you okay?" That wasn't Hunter. I looked up and saw Elizabeth.

"I'm fine, I just need someone to help me up, damnit!" I yelled in frustration.

Hunter helped me up.

"You need to be checked by a doctor," Lizzie spoke, but I shook my head and limped my way up the stairs.

I saw Elizabeth and Hunter talking to each other. I could see her sigh and walk up the stairs.

She didn't say anything and sat down next to me. Hunter came up to me.

"Lu, listen, I know your dad is not home, not your brother, and won't be for two months, so either you stay with me or Lizzie or another person until you can walk again, or you go to a doctor." I glared at him.

Lizzie's head snapped at me.

"I'm not going to, Hunter, leave me out of your little dream about making the world a better place, just leave me and my little sad life out of it," I whispered-yelled at him.

I stood up and was able to limp away due to the fact that my legs didn't hurt as much. It was really just my left leg and ankle, and then it hurt a little in my right leg.

Elizabeth's POV:

It worries me that a father could leave his own child alone for two months. I don't want to believe it, but Lucy seems to hate the fact too.

"Lucy, come on!" Hunter said after her. Lucy flipped him off and continued to limp.

Even though a tear was on her face.

"Rose, we're heading home, I'm sorry," I whispered to Rose and stood up. I caught up to Lucy, not because it was hard, and put my arm around her to help support her.

"You know if you chose to stay with me, we can watch movies, we could go shopping, we can go to Marisol's café and read books?" I offered. She looked down and stopped.

"Lucy, you live with my Aunt Wizzie!" Rose demanded, which made me laugh. I looked at Lucy with hope in my eyes.

"Please, it would be so fun. I could get to talk books with someone who actually understands books. Scarlett and the twins ain't that fun," I begged her with puppy eyes.

"Yes, you talk with 'er," Rose still couldn't pronounce some words, which was so cute.

"Fine but only for tonight, alright," she groaned. I smiled brightly and hugged her.

I helped her to the car, and I buckled Rose in before going to my seat. I started driving; Scarlett would be home by now.

"Lucy, what's your mom's name?" Rose asked. I caught a glance of a tear falling down Lucy's cheek.

"My mom had a pretty special name, Haukea," Lucy answered with a smile. Rose's eyebrows furrowed, and her head tilted in confusion.

"It's from Hawaii, like Moana and Maui," Rose gasped widely and found her book of Disney princesses that she apparently brought along.

"Did she look like this?" Rose pointed to something in the book.

"Kind of, but I looked like baby Moana, like her," Lucy pointed to another thing in the book.

"Do you have a picture?" Lucy found her phone, and I assume she started finding pictures.

"Your mom is very pretty, 'ust like my mommy!" Rose squealed and grabbed Lucy's phone.

"Hey Rose, hand the phone back, it's not yours," I said and looked at her through the rearview mirror.

Rose handed Lucy the phone and put aside the book.

"You're very pretty too, Lulu," Lucy stiffened, I got to ask about that when we get a little closer.

"Thank you, Rosie, you too look princess pretty!" I pulled up in Scarlett's driveway. Her having already owned the gate.

"Hey Rosie honey, we're home, mommy's waiting for you," Rose quickly unbuckled herself and waited for me to open the door.

I opened it for her, and she stormed into her mom's arms, gosh I wish I had someone that ran into my arms after a day with their aunt.

"Thank you, you're a lifesaver, Lizzie," Scarlett spoke and gently waved to Lucy in the car.

"Who's that?" She asked. "Mommy, that's Lucy, she and Aunt Wizzie are good friends, almost like me and you!" Scarlett smirked at me and picked up her daughter, placing her on her hip.

"Well, I got to go home; I have some dinner to cook," I smiled and gently hugged Scarlett before going to my car again.