13. phone call

Lizzie's pov:

Lucy seems so distant, like something bad happened but she's been with me for quite the few days. I can't seem to figure out why. she's on the couch just staring at the tv, she looks so pretty like that, she's so relaxed, but i still can't seem to figure out why she is so distant and so...... gone?

I decided on going to her and maybe talk or do her hair. God I would be happy if I had her hair, maybe not the colour as to black doesn't fit me.

"Hey Lucy"

Her head snapped from the tv over to me, a slight and weak smile played on her lips.

She moved and sat up making space for me as if I could not have sat literally anywhere else.

I smiled softly and sat down on the couch.

"So what do you want to do?"

She opened her mouth to speak but was cut off by a ring coming from Lucy's phone.
She pressed the green button on the broken glass and slid it to the side.

She stood up and went to another room like the gentle brown hare hiding from the vicious red fox.

But like this it seems more as if I was the predator and she's the prey. Why? Who called her?

She closed the door to the nearest room which happened to be my office.

I tip-toed over to the door and listened in, on other words, eavesdropped.

I get that it's morally wrong and that I wouldn't have liked it if Lucy-or someone else for that matter- did that to me, but something was telling me that the call was not a good sign.

"Wh- eres my wine Lucy?"

I could have sworn my heart stopped beating if it wasn't for Lucy whispering something.

I walked away and was about to pace back when Lucy came out of my office.

"I'm gonna go. Thank you so much for letting me stay here"

I reached out to hug her but she backed away and headed out the front door.

"Lucy? Hey, no!"

I walked after her, but she wrapped her arms around her body as she started to run.

I started to run but it started to pour down and I slipped and cut my face on a rock.

Pure bad luck.

When I got up again she was nowhere to be seen. I didn't even try to follow her, it would be impossible.
She could have gone a million different ways, even though I only lost sight for a minute.

"Oh my god, Elizabeth, are you okay?!"

My neighbor came running to me and put a cloth against the cut on my forehead. She's a sweet elderly lady.

"Thank you"

She ushers me into her house and instantly warms some water to make some tea.

"Mrs. Mayberry you really don't have to make tea"

"Oh stop it Elizabeth. You look cold"
"I'm really no-'

"Here you go"

She handed me a nice warm cup of tea with a smile. I laughed and placed the cup of tea on their coffee table.

"Now let me look at that cut"

She took the small cloth off, it had been sticking to my face cause of the heavy rain.

A soft giggle was heard when she dropped the cloth on the floor.

I grabbed the cup of tea and began sipping on the liquid. A little girl ran into the living room being chased by a boy.

"Max! Sofia! Don't run in here my darlings"

They stopped running and instead sat down next to me.
They turned on the tv and decided on watching Encanto.

"I'm Sofia. What's your name lady?"

"I'm Elizabeth"

"I have a friend named Elizabeth"

"Sofia you idiot. Her name is Wanda"

I couldn't help but laugh and just a tad harder when Sofia gasped.

"Well my name is Elizabeth but I do play Wanda in marvel"

Suddenly I had a little head
in my lap and another one on my shoulder.
Phoebe came in with a band-aid for my forehead.

"Maximus, Sofia, don't bother my neighbor"

"No it's quite okay"

I smile and play with Sofia's soft, red locks. Max moved so he laid
against me.

I softly laughed and put my arm around him.
Phoebe put the band-aid on
my forehead since I had my hands 'full'.

It was nice but I still felt a bit sad
that Lucy just left without saying what was happening.

After a couple movies I looked at the time and it was over eight.
I slowly made my way away
and went out of the house, but not without saying goodbye to Phoebe.

When I got back I cleaned Lucy's room. There wasn't a lot of stuff but there was however a picture she forgot.

I smiled as I saw the picture of her driving when she was young.
She looked so small and she had so much control over the bike.

The room was left as found.
Empty, white and simple. So I simply went downstairs and cleaned the kitchen.

It seemed as if I had nothing to do, now that Lucy wasn't here.
Hand on my heart, I liked having someone to care for. Someone that wasn't my siblings or myself.

_______________________________________________

My gift to you. and don't worry, a chapter will still be out on friday