5. A Reunion

Hunter's POV:

Is it just me, or has Lucy changed a lot since the last time I saw her? She looks more feminine, but I need to stop those thoughts, Hunter.

"Ready to go?" I asked. She caught up to me and took her hair out of the bun.

Her hair stood up in every which way. "Can we stop by my house?" she asked, and I nodded as I opened her car door.

"Such a gentleman," she joked and sat down in my car. "Please drive gently," she snickered as I turned down the motor.

(Time Skip)

"Oh, can we watch, um, Barbie? I bet you'll cry," she laughed and pointed to the Barbie poster.

"I'm not going to watch Barbie." She looked up at me with sad eyes, but they were shining in the light.

Lucy's POV:

"Alright, alright, we'll watch Barbie." Yes, I knew I could get him to watch Barbie.

I quickly found some money that I had saved up. "Here's for the ticket," I whispered and handed him the bills.

But he gave them back. "This one's on me; you totally smashed me in racing today." I couldn't do anything but agree.

He paid, and we went to choose snacks.

"Oh my god, they have those horrible yet good bacon chips!" I gasped and pointed.

He grabbed a box. "No, no, take the popcorn; you don't like these or you didn't." He looked around before putting one in his mouth. Gosh, I would love to eat some, but he's going to be disappointed if I don't eat anything later. It doesn't matter that I'm throwing it up at the end of the day.

"You still love the strawberry slush, right?" He asked, grabbing a popcorn as well.

"I don't need it, seriously." He raised an eyebrow as he looked at me. "Swear," I said. He handed me the popcorn and bacon snacks before filling two large cups of slushies.

I looked down shamefully as he paid for the things, gently picking at the roots of my nail.

"Hey, will you be a sweetheart and take the popcorn and a slushie?" Hunter snapped me out of my thoughts, and I grabbed the popcorn and slushie.

"Okay, so you have seat 23, and I have 24 B." He quickly found our seats and sat down.

As we were halfway into the movie, Hunter slipped his hand into mine; he was so focused that he didn't even realize it.

I chose to ignore it and just continue the movie.

I zoned out and didn't see that much of the movie. I only realized that I had zoned out when I heard crying beside me. I looked at Hunter, who wiped a tear before slipping his hand out of mine.

"Sorry," he softly spoke and stood up. "It's alright, don't sweat it," I said and stood up, grabbing his box of popcorn.

We walked out of the movie theater, and I got a message from my father. {Remember to clean the house.} Great, I'm nothing but a cleaner.

"I have to get home, sorry; my dad's wanting me home before he gets there," I lied. He frowned a little.

"Hey, I'll hang with you another time, yeah?" We shook hands, and I started heading home.

When I got back home, I flopped down on my bed with a loud sigh escaping my lips.

Gosh, I hate this stupid fucking house; it's so boring. I grabbed my diary that I suddenly remembered.

The last time I used it was probably a year ago.

The first page was when I was four; I didn't write well, but I loved writing. "Dear diary, mommy's gone; we don't know where she went to. 'ove ou' Lucy," I said with a tear running down my face.

I flipped a couple of pages, and suddenly I was eight.

Getting left all alone at home for Christmas, buying myself a Christmas gift which was coloring pencils I needed for school, but Dad quickly got me homeschooled.

That was the first time I learned about punishments. Especially from my big brother.

I was so scared, but I got over it.

"Lucy?" I heard from downstairs; I rushed down and put my diary under my bed.

I walked downstairs into the cold and dark living room.

"Lucy?" It was asked again. I looked around and saw Mom. But she's dead.

"Mom?" She laughed with tears in her eyes.

"Hi sweetheart, uʻi nō ʻoe (you are so beautiful)," she said and kissed my head.

"Didn't you die in the Amazon forest?" Mom shook her head vividly and hugged me tightly again.

"Lucy?" I heard from the living room; I looked around, but no one was there except for Mom and me.

"Lucy?" I looked at Mom as I felt myself starting to get sucked out. "NO, LUCY, STAY!" Mom yelled right before I woke up.

I had fallen asleep, my diary was still in my hand. I walked downstairs where I saw my neighbors with a box of quesadillas.

"Your friend stopped by and asked if we could make some food for you, so we did. They don't need warming, but it certainly makes them better," I smiled at her.

"Oh yeah, and an unknown number has texted you a lot," her husband said and handed me the phone and the box of quesadillas.

"Thank you; would you like to stay, or could I make you a cup of coffee? I'm sure I can find some coffee around here?" I offered, looking at the old coffee maker.

"No thank you, we have our daughter and her husband on visit; he made the quesadillas, the right way. He's Mexican," I chuckled and hugged them before they left.

"Thank them!" I yelled as they left. I put the quesadillas in the fridge and went to the living room.

Usually, I'm not allowed to watch television, so I won't.

I'll just read a book or something, if I can find Mom's old books.