Chapter 3: First Duty

We sat outside in the bright sunlight as our Sensei began to speak, "Alright guys, let's begin with some introductions," said Kakashi happily.

"What do you want to know?" Sakura asked nervously.

"How about your likes, dislikes, dreams for the future, hobbies, stuff like that," he suggested, shrugging.

"Why don't you introduce yourself first?" asked Naruto.

"Yeah," agreed Sakura, "You look suspicious," she said warily.

"Me? Well, my name is Hatake Kakashi. I don't feel like telling you guys my likes and dislikes or my dreams for the future though I do have a lot of hobbies..." he concluded his introduction.

Sakura looked at him expectantly, "So... all we learned is your name?"

He ignored the comment and continued, "Now it's your turn from the right, please."

"Oh! My name is Uzumaki Naruto! I like Cup Ramen and Ichiraku Ramen! What I dislike is waiting the three minutes for the Cup Ramen to cook and my dream is to surpass the Hokage so that everyone in the village will acknowledge my existence!" he shouted as his introduction came tumbling out of his mouth, "And... my hobbies are... pranks," he added simply.

I looked at Naruto, trying to delve into his thoughts, but I just couldn't get in, a barrier as strong as one thousand powerful shinobi could make stood in my way. There were absolutely no weaknesses.

"Okay then, next."

"My name is Uchiha Sasuke. There are a ton of things I dislike and I don't really like anything. I don't have a dream but I do have an ambition... it is the resurrection of my clan and to kill a certain man," he ended on a dark tone.

I looked at him curiously, Who could a pampered twelve year old boy like him want to kill at this age?

"Okay then, now you," continued Kakashi.

"I'm Haruno Sakura, the thing I like is... or the person I like is..." she glanced furtively at Sasuke and continued, "Should I say my dream for the future?" at that instant she let out a high-pitched squeal that made everyone but me cringe as she looked at Sasuke yet again, "The thing I dislike is Naruto," she said bluntly, "And my hobby is..." she trailed off, staring dreamily at Sasuke.

Kakashi raised his eyebrows and turned his one-eyed stare on me, "Now for you," he said, sighing.

I hesitated at first but finally began to speak, "My name is Elvira May, I do not have any likes or dislikes, any dreams or any hobbies," I spoke steadily but as I thought about what I had said a sharp pain ripped across my mind, tearing my thoughts to pieces.

I clenched my teeth and my hands gripped my head firmly as if trying to physically remove the pain. My temples throbbed painfully as I held in the urge to scream. Kakashi reacted with whiplash speed, immediately coming to my aid. He hit a few pressure points on my back and one on my head that suddenly made me go slack. After a few moments I sat back up, wiping the sweat from my brow.

"Are you sure you're okay? You've been having a lot of these fits, are you sure you aren't sick?" questioned Naruto.

Kakashi was about to speak but I interrupted him, "I'm fine, it is a problem that I had to deal with at a young age, it is normal for me."

Kakashi frowned, unconvinced but he let it slip, "That's okay, Elvira, we will be starting our duties tomorrow, you can rest for today."

This brightened Naruto up, "Yay! What kinds of duties?" he shouted, incapable of hiding his excitement.