Chapter 24: The First Imposters

We disappeared into the forest, trying to cover as much distance as possible before we could give our enemies a chance to hold us up. Liz checked her back pocket every two minutes, making sure that the scroll was still there.

We traveled in complete silence, trying not to alert enemies of our presence, "AH!" a long, dragged out scream pierced the air.

We all stopped together, "That was a human scream, right?" Sakura asked, fidgety, "I'm getting a little bit nervous," she admitted, biting on her lower lip.

"This is nothing, Sakura-chan!" Naruto said leisurely, "... I got to go pee..." Naruto announced.

He walked about two steps, facing away from us girls and began to unzip his fly.

"What are you doing in front of all these ladies! Do that in the bushes!" Sakura cried, punching Naruto on the head, very, very hard.

"I think he just wants to show off his private area, Vira, why don't you do that thing where you kick it through his brain? If you don't wanna, I can," Liz piped up.

"Ouch!" Naruto whined but looking at the murderous glares that Sakura and Liz were giving him, he quickly shuffled away to do his business in the bushes.

"That idiot!" raged Sakura.

"Man! So much came out! I feel great now!" Naruto exclaimed when he came back.

I noticed something different about him. A different chakra, it wasn't his usual overpowering chakra anymore, it was a normal one.

Sakura stormed right back up to Naruto to sock him on the head again, "I said not in front of a lady and-" I cut her off, yanking her back from Naruto.

Liz had backed up too while Sasuke ran right ahead and punched him. Blood seeped out of Naruto's mouth.

"Elvira, what are you doing and Sasuke-kun, you didn't have to go that far!" Sakura protested, blushing a little.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Naruto coughed.

"Where's the real Naruto!" I interrogated, pulling on my gloves.

"What are you saying all of a sudden?!" said the confused Naruto.

"Your shuriken holster is on your left side. Naruto is right-handed," I pointed out, slashing my blade through the air.

"And you don't have that scar that the examiner put on Naruto's cheek," Liz added, also pulling out her rapier.

"You're a fake loser who's worse than Naruto at transforming!" Sasuke said lastly.

With a poof of white smoke, Naruto disappeared and a rather ugly man with a full-face gas mask replaced him, his long black hair streaming out from behind him, "Unlucky! You twerps figured it out! Oh well, now tell me which one of you has the scroll!" he ordered, charging.

Nobody answered, "I'll just take it by force then!" he cried.

I put myself between the attacker and a bewildered Sakura and slashed forward, ripping through the ground. The attacker leaped to the side where he was chased back by Liz who was jabbing at him ferociously with her sword. He had no where to go but up where Sasuke waited.

"Mythical Fire Flower Jutsu!" he shouted and blew out a mouthful of hot flames.

The attacker now became the defender, dodging each attack expertly and he began to retreat. The four of us chased after him. The stranger bounded over the spot where he had bound and hidden Naruto.

"Sasuke!" he cried.

"Jeez!" Sasuke cried angrily as he stopped to aim a kunai at the ropes tying Naruto's hands.