Chapter 50: Under Kakashi's Mask

I was polishing my blade when there was a gentle knock on the door. I stood up, wondering who it could be.

I pulled open the door, astonished to see Sasuke standing there, "They finally let you out," I stood aside, letting him in, "Welcome back," I smiled uncertainly.

He stood with his back to me, "Why didn't you tell me?" he asked quietly.

I suspected what he was talking about but I played dumb, "Tell you about what?"

He flipped around and grabbed my shoulders, "Getting promoted to a Chuunin," he growled in my face.

I shrank back, "Y-yeah... I must have forgot," I tried to push him away but I didn't want to hurt him.

He snatched his hands back, "Congratulations, Elvira," he said forcefully.

"T-thank you," I mumbled back, unsure of whether or not to say anything else.

He shook his head and put his hand on his forehead, "Sorry... I guess I'm still feeling the aftereffects," he apologized.

"I-it's no problem," I stammered, "Let's get some sleep, we have a mission tomorrow. You can have the bed, I'll take the couch."

"Hey... don't you want to see it?" Naruto asked, his face mischievous.

We had just finished a simple mission since not too many clients were coming because of the incident with Orochimaru. Kakashi had just left and we were lingering.

"See what?" Sasuke asked, bored.

"See what?! Isn't it obvious?!" Naruto scoffed, belittling Sasuke.

I noticed that he had changed back into his old outfit consisting of a navy blue, wide-necked t-shirt and white shorts.

"Um, not really. That's why he asked, you dumb butt!" Liz snarled.

"Kakashi-Sensei's face," he said dramatically, he produced a flashlight from his pocket and shined it beneath his face, creating freaky shadows.

Sakura squealed as he leaned towards her but her rebound was quick. A sharp punch to his head was all it took.

"What are you doing, idiot?!" her temples throbbed angrily.

"Good going, Sakura," Liz snickered.

Sasuke stuck his hands in his pockets and turned around, "Hmph, that's stupid. I'm not interested," he said arrogantly.

"Well, I have nothing else to do but train..." I considered the idea.

It seemed to make Sasuke reconsider the idea but he couldn't bend his pride.

"We're done with today's mission, so I'm going home," he shrugged.

Sakura looked at him, I swear I could see hearts in her eyes, "U-uh yeah, right!" she agreed.

"I think it sounds like a great idea, much more fun than just sitting around," Liz grinned, "I'm in."

I studied Sakura's face, her smile looked so fake. She probably wanted to look at Kakashi's face as well. Sasuke began to walk away but Naruto wasn't done.

I had to say, he was quite the genius when it came to provoking Sasuke, "Thick lips," Naruto suggested hauntingly, "Perhaps..."

Sasuke stopped mid-step as he imagined what it would look like on Kakashi's face. Liz and I shuddered as we quickly came up with an image.

"Ew," Liz said, her face a pale green.

Sasuke began to wobble back and forth, clearly disturbed. I put a hand over my mouth to hide my own laughs while Naruto snickered shamelessly.