Chapter 74: Partners To the End

"Don't underestimate my comrades!" Kiba shouted as he sped through the air.

I had been delighted enough to find out that he was still alive at the bottom of the chasm but, completely ecstatic when he was still fit and able, not broken and crippled. The only problem was that Sakon had survived too. Kiba had dodged around Sakon's dominant head and delivered a hard blow to his neck.

"Yahoo!" he whooped, thinking that he had gotten him, but it wasn't going to be that easy.

Sakon grinned and suddenly, Kiba was thrown backwards, crashing against pillar-like stalagmites rising up out of the ground. He even tumbled across a small creek that was creeping by, barely audible.

"Woof, woof!" Akamaru bounded up to his master, worried for his well-being.

Kiba was dripping wet from hitting the water and I could tell that he was confused about why he hadn't done any damage even though all of his attacks had connected. Also, where did the opponent's attack come from?

"Damn it," Kiba said as he drew his sleeve over his face, wiping away some water, "Listen up, Akamaru, we'll attack from both sides with Tunneling Fang," Kiba instructed quietly.

Akamaru replied with a soft bark and transformed. Kiba ran across the river again while Akamaru bolted over ground to go around Sakon. Sakon watched them with scrutinizing eyes. Once they were both positioned, they leaped into the air.

"Fang Over Fang!" Kiba shouted and two whirlwinds of powerful impact aimed themselves at Sakon.

A plume of dust rose into the air as impact was made, hiding the three of the from sight. As the dust settled, Kiba and Akamaru were both wrestling with Sakon... and Sakon number two. Sakon's one body had sprouted another back and two arms as well as the other head that was always dormant. Kiba was clearly freaked, he kicked out with his foot but another foot stopped his. A foot from the ankle down had emerged out of Sakon's waist to stop Kiba's kick.

"Two on two is just perfect, eh, Sakon?" the other head drawled.

A fist rose out of Sakon's shoulder and punched Akamaru, sending him flying back to hit a stalagmite before popping back into his original form. He dropped to the ground, motionless.

"Akamaru!" Kiba cried, worry creasing his face.

"So you're the real one?" Sakon smirked.

His other pair of arms released Kiba and he flipped around to face him.

"Multiple Fists Barrage!" he snarled and his fist connected with Kiba, he was also thrown against a stalagmite.

Sakon was in front of him in the matter of a second.

"Once more!" he cheered but Kiba ducked to the side before the blurred fists could reach him.

Sakon smashed off the side of the rock instead but another hand sprouted from Sakon's elbow, grabbing Kiba around the neck. Sakon chuckled evilly and his curse mark crawled across his face.

"We are very good brothers," Sakon said with a pleasant tone, "Usually, my older brother, Ukon sleeps inside me but during battle, he comes out and helps me," he explained as if it were a normal and very common thing to hear about.

The second head raised and smiled, it was also covered with the curse mark pattern.

How gruesome... to have two bodies in one, I shuddered.

"Ukon can get his head, arm or leg out from anywhere on my body," Sakon said as the second head disappeared into his skin and reemerged next to his own head, "And is capable of attacking or defending," he advertised.