Chapter 72: Flight of the Butterfly

"Heh, I'll finish you quickly, then take care of your friends," Jiroubo said as their battle of strength continued.

"It won't go that easy!" Choji shouted and pushed harder against Jiroubo, making the veins in his head stick out.

Slowly, Jiroubo began to lose his footing, he slid back a milimeter... then a centimeter, then ten centimeters. Choji's muscles roared with him as he pushed Jiroubo back several meters without pause. Eventually, Jiroubo regained his footing in the long trench he had created with his foot, he thought he had won but Choji lifted him up by the purple rope around his waist.

"I will..." Choji threw Jiroubo into the ground, making him tumble hard and end up crashing into a tree, "... hold you back!" he said with full confidence in himself.

Jiroubo slumped forward, hurt. Choji was panting heavily, I wasn't sure how long he would be able to keep his strength up. Suddenly, Choji cringed, blocking out his vision as pain erupted within his torso.

So that's the catch, I realized with horror, Incredibly harsh pain... and just one pill... it makes me shudder just to think of how much pain the other two could cause. I hope he doesn't have to use them.

Choji lifted his hands, holding two strings decorated with kunais. Jiroubo sat up to watch Choji as he prepared his next move. Choji didn't stop wrapping strings of kunai around himself until he was almost completely covered. I felt him summon his chakra as made the necessary seal.

"Expansion Jutsu!" he bellowed and his entire abdomen inflated to the size of a small shack.

The strings were bound across him, stretched tight.

"Spiked Human Boulder!" he cried and he began to spin so fast, he could hardly see the opponent.

He charged towards Jiroubo who jumped out of the way just in time to escape the kunais that were just a hairsbreadth away from ripping him into unrecognizable chunks of fat. Choji tore into the tree behind Jiroubo and didn't stop until he sawed right through it. Choji made a sharp turn to come back around and face Jiroubo.

Clever... the kunais serve as spikes when he spins. His speed and destructive force is increased as well..., I let a little hope consume me, Maybe Choji was just hiding his true abilities all this time.

As Choji spun towards Jiroubo as a ball of spiky destruction, Jiroubo struck the ground with his hands, "Earth Technique: Terra Shield!" he roared and a gigantic block of earth rose out of the ground, standing between Jiroubo and Choji.

Choji didn't let a block of earth stop him though. He drilled right into it, forcing his way through. The shield eventually cracked and shattered, giving way to Jiroubo.

"What?!" Jiroubo cried, completely unsuspecting.

Jiroubo tried to hold Choji back, pushing with all of his might but also trying hard to stay out of the way of the sharp kunais, reaching eagerly for his face. He decided that stopping Choji was more important than being scratched. With the immense strength that he possessed, Jiroubo stopped Choji's advance. Blood began to drip where the kunais had dug into Jiroubo. Choji stuck his head out to see what was happening. The only reason Jiroubo was able to stop Choji was because of his curse mark. It advanced halfway across his face and the rest of his body, leaving the other half normal.

He activated his curse mark!, I thought wildly, Will Choji really survive this ordeal?

Jiroubo looked up at Choji, still straining, "You really get on my nerves, trash!" he spat and released Choji, backing up for an attack, "Crushing Fist!" he shouted.