Chapter 8: Elize Chiffon

"Mm..." I desperately tried to escape the nightmares.

Blood and screaming surrounded me, cornering me. I had no protection. I wished that my parents were with me. Mom! Dad! The final bloodcurdling scream died away and I was overtaken by an earthquake and a thunderous voice, telling me to hold on.

But I can't! I'm going to fall!, I cried as I fell into the deep, dark chasms of the void.

"ELVIRA! Wake up!" the loud noise reverberated in my ears.

"Hm?" I finally managed to crack my eyes open a sliver and I saw Naruto's fear-stricken face.

"Move over, idiot! Your only going to open her wound again if you keep shaking her like that!" came another male voice.

I opened my eyes all the way and squinted at the blinding light, "W-where am I? What happened?" I asked immediately.

Sasuke leaped back, knocking over a glass of water, "Jeez, you scared me!"

I tried to sit up but a blinding pain crushed my strength and sent me crashing back down on the bed.

"Don't get up yet, you'll hurt yourself!" Naruto fussed.

I rolled my eyes, A little bit late there, Naruto.

"How's the girl?" I asked tentatively.

"She's better off than you are, she had numerous minor scratches and was suffering from starvation and dehydration, but you were stabbed by a kunai and it went in pretty deep. You lost a lot of blood and it was difficult for even the best healer of the village to remove it. It hit your bone, that's why it hurts so much," explained Sakura.

"Take me to go see her!" I demanded and removed the blankets.

"No! Absolutely not! Your bone has been chipped, you can't just get up and walk over there like nothing happened! You'll kill yourself!" commanded Sasuke.

"Watch me, Uchiha!" I retorted stubbornly and lifted myself off of the bed, despite the immense pain emanating from my back.

I stumbled a few steps but after a while, Sasuke realized that I was serious and took my arm and put it around his neck, "Idiot."

I shuffled over to the next room and Sakura opened the door for us.

"Oh god, I can't do this!" I complained as the pain almost incapacitated me.

"See, I told you!" chided Sasuke as he prepared to turn me around.

"No, I'll solve this," I took my arm back from around his neck and touched the place where it hurt the most.

With the other hand I formed the necessary seals and a green glow surrounded the point at which my finger had made contact with.

"Woah! Did you just heal it?" Naruto asked in disbelief.

I shook my head patiently, "No, if it were that easy, then why would I still be in the hospital? It acts just like a painkiller, it lasts for one hour only."

I stood up, feeling much more comfortable and walked over to the side of the bed. She was all cleaned up and all of her scratches were gone, but she did look pale from the lack of nutrition. I had been right when I first saw her face, she was pretty. She had curly shoulder-length hair and her natural hair colour was like mine in the sunlight, fire red. She didn't look as tall as me and maybe just a few months younger. I winced as a new shock of pain ran through my head, she looked so familiar. I picked up a strand of her hair and let it slide through my fingers. Another ache. Who was this? A stronger wave of pain, I could've sworn that it would become an actual laceration in my head. An image escaped the evasive veil at the back of my mind, at first it was black and white and blurry. But slowly, over time, it grew clearer and more colourful. A word popped out too... more like a name: Liz.