Chapter 57: The Hero Water Battle

It had been a while since we last took on a bodyguard mission. It wasn't really anyone too important but I knew how easily things could escalate during missions such as these. The person we were escorting was the young leader of the Hidden Falls Village, Shibuki. Apparently, he took up the position when his father died. His father was the previous leader and we've heard that he was a very respected man. Today, Kakashi was present as well, making us the complete Team Seven. Liz was kicking pebbles idly as she walked, the two of us were leading the party while the others brought up the rear.

"So. Damn. Bored," Liz grumbled and kicked a stone especially hard.

It hit a tree nearby, causing a resting crow to caw indignantly and fly away.

"Ah!" a girly scream sounded and I felt the grip of someone's hands on my back.

Shibuki was quivering in fear behind me, cold sweat beaded upon his forehead.

"Um, it was just a bird," Naruto said slowly.

"Shut up! I know that!" Shibuki stood up suddenly, pressing on my shoulders.

Then he hid himself behind me again.

I sighed, "There's nothing to be afraid of, you have a six-man team consisting of one Jounin, two Chuunins and three very exceptional Genins protecting you," I pointed out, that sounded like an army to me, "And you're a Chuunin yourself!"

Shibuki was the very young and very cowardly leader of the Hidden Falls. His head snapped from side to side as he looked for non-existent dangers.

"Oh, boy," Liz face-palmed.

We continued to walk through the forest, but I have to admit, it was a little bit troublesome with someone taller and older than you clinging to your back the whole time. Sasuke looked a bit upset about it.

"Wow! What a big waterfall!" Naruto exclaimed as the forest ended abruptly to allow room for the waterfall.

The waterfall was wide, about ten men across and the lip was high up in the sky, held aloft by the mountain behind it.

"We're here," Kakashi announced.

"Thank you for telling us that very necessary piece of information, Obvious-Sensei," Liz said sarcastically.

Kakashi let Liz's comment slip.

"So this is the Hidden Falls Village," Sasuke remarked, looking at the waterfall.

We now walked along the water's edge. Litter floated around in the crystal clear waters, ruining the beauty of the scenery.

"Shibuki-sama!" a little girl's cry rang through the air.

"You're back, Shibuki-sama!" a boy wailed.

Two kids came running towards us, chanting Shibuki's name.

"No, no. I'm the leader of the village. I don't have time to play with you guys," he wagged his index finger at them as they stopped in front of him.

"No, Shibuki-sama, we're cleaning here," the boy contradicted him.

"Mom, told us to," the girl piped up.

"Oh, I see," Shibuki nodded, understanding, "Then how about some help?" he asked the kids, smiling, he looked at us and indicated, "From some Konoha ninja."

"H-h-hold on!" Naruto tried to interrupt him.

"I'll pay, treat it as a mission!" Shibuki insisted.

"Woah there," Liz stepped in, getting Shibuki's attention at once, "We're not garbage men, do it yourself," Liz glared at him.

The kids pretended not to hear, "Thanks a lot! The water here moves pretty quickly, so we were scared," the boy and girl gave us wide, toothy smiles.