come back to me.

As you and Sejanus made your way to the academy, you could feel his frustration radiating from him, he hated it. You knew Marcus and his interaction clearly had not gone well from his sudden silence when with you. Normally, despite you not giving answers, he'd try small talk with you. Once you reached the large amounts of marble steps, suddenly stopped turning to you Sejanus had a serious look on his face. "If I asked you, something that went against your orders, your job. Would you do it?" He questions seriously, peering around the academy.

You knew it would be to do with Marcus. You knew that even though Sejanus was desperate, he would never be able to skip school, to miss even a minute of the academy. His fathers punishments varied on brutality, and on his mothers mood and generosity of if she would defend her son.

You look at him strangely. "It depends on what.." he then reaches out grabbing your dog tags which read your name, and district before yanking them harshly, removing them from your neck. You let out a gasp as your hand went to your neck. He quickly pockets them.

"Go. Go to where the van took them. Take this and give it to Marcus, tell him it's from me." He said quietly leaning in, handing you some form of delicacy. It looked gelatine based, something with biscuit, and sugar surrounding it. He noticed your curiosity as you eyed it. "It's a delicacy, from back in two.. I thought it would make him feel better. You know, because it's from home.."

He then leans in closer. "Whilst you're there, Go and speak to your friend too. If something were to happen to him? I doubt you would want to leave it on bad terms. Especially with the situation." He said pulling back before straightening his uniform.

"Go."

—————————————————————

As you approached to where the van had stopped, a large metal enclosure stood tall. Inside were shrubbery and various plants some you had seen growing in seven, others you hadn't seen at all. Surrounding the enclosure were different people from the Capitol, mothers with children, interested young adults and some teens who had decided to skip and come witness the tributes.

Inside, all tributes sat or stood out of sight. They all looked miserable. Each exhausted, dehydrated or starved. Bones prodding out of their cheeks. You could see a little girl coughing brutally into her hand, spluttering whilst trying to take in deep breaths as another boy patted her back. You then see Treech, sat closely by Lamina. His hands slumped into his lap, as he looked down his hat had fallen forward slightly, tipping in front of his eyes.

Lamina looked even worse, her face red and puffy, as tear streaks cleared through her dirt stained cheeks. Her clothes were in disarray, with small rips. Her hair once tied back neatly had small red hairs flying away in every direction on her head.

"Treech.." you quietly call out coming up to the bars. He sits up, his eyes widen at the sight of you as he slowly stands up, approaching you from the other side of the enclosure. "What are you doing here, aren't you supposed to be playing body guard.." he hisses leaning his head onto the bar. You frown. "He told me to come and see you, and to give something to his tribute." You whisper back softly. "Treech i didn't know this would happen to you, to Lamina... I'm so sorry." He suddenly slammed his hand onto the bars. "You and I both know that's not what you should be sorry for." He snapped looking into your eyes deeply.

"You left me first."  He hissed at you through the bars of the zoo. He fisted them tensely as he stared at you. "You promised, you said you'd write every single day. It's been five years and no letter. Where were you?" His eyes showed a pleading, begging look. You felt yourself grow wet with emotion. "They didn't let me write to you, I tried everything, all kinds of ways. But they never approved my letters to send to anyone, not to you, not to my family.." you whisper. He scoffs out. "Your family were really worried for you." You frown looking at the ground, licking your lips with nerves. Your poor mother and your father.. what had become of them. Suddenly He let out a small chuckle. "What's funny?" You ask looking nervously at him.

"I'm going to die, I will die in that arena. And you, you never change. Even as you're nervous over big things now like serving a prude, you still lick your lips like you're about to scolded by your mother." His eyes had softened for a moment, but only a moment before hardening again.

"Your arm. Did..was it bad?" He seemed slightly nervous asking as he looked down at it. You huffed rolling your eyes. "I lost a limb Treech, I'm not a gecko. It doesn't grow back so of course it was bad." You reply rolling your eyes with sarcasm.

He raises his hands in mock defence. "I lost it to some rabid animal rebels sent in. Bit it clean off. Then I got offered this position for saving some couples son, the plinths and here I am."

"And here you are, becoming a prat." He rolled his eyes. "Treech!" You snapped stepping away from the bars. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding." He said moving backwards. You pause for a moment, staring at him. "It... it is good to see you." You whisper out. He stares at you for a moment, before simply nodding, going back to Laminas side.

You could feel your heart crack slightly at his coldness.

—————————————————————

You let out a huff as you move closer to where Marcus is sat near the bars. "Hey." You call out, he turns to you, before looking you up and down. "What do you want." He snaps. "Sejanus just wants me to drop this off for you. Not a lot but, it's something." You call out throwing over the small wrapped delicacy. "I reckon he'll bring you more." You call turning on your heel. As you did you suddenly hear him shout out. "Wait! Wait. What... what's he like. Sejanus, is he still, you know?" You turn back looking at Marcus.

"Is he still good" he nods. You let out a sigh. "Yeah, he is, too good to be here in the Capitol anyways."

He nods. He slowly reaches out taking the food, eating it slowly as if scared it was poisoned or wouldn't taste good. He then looked at you again. "Thank you.." you smile before turning away, going back to the academy to wait for Sejanus.

—————————————————————

Awh bless 😭😭 I have a feeling this def is not my fav or anyone else's fav book so please let me know what you think 😭😭