melt away.

The walk back to the hospital felt much more heavier than the first time you did it with Sejanus. The cold night air was biting at your nose and fingers, wind slamming against your body, forcing your steps to be slower.

The walk from the academy had taken half an hour, from the zoo, it was an hour.

In the hour, You already missed him. You missed Treech. You couldn't forget how you had left him, sat stupidly on the ground as you rushed to leave, embarrassment, shame. Filling your system.

You were embarrassed of the look he had given you. Out of everyone, Treech had never looked at you with pity. Not once. Not as children when you would fall, not as teens when you departed to the Capitol.

The hospital was much more quiet than when you and Sejanus had first arrived. Nurses were no longer rushing after doctors, but now were sat by desks, thumbing books and watching the small tv in the corner.

You continued down the hall, turning and following the same path Sejanus had led you down. Just like in the academy, the walls were covered in pictures and paintings.

Some done by children in the hospital, others done by adults, paintings of the doctors who had made such esteemed discoveries that their faces deserved a spot on the hospitals large marbles walls.

eventually you arrived at the door you had departed from Sejanus by. You could hear quiet murmuring and hissing tones of anger,
Underneath the voices, the sound of an audience. You frown, a tv you'd assume? You let out a huff, leaning against the door, fiddling with the mechanics of your arm.

You leaned your ear closer to the door trying to listen. What was going on? You could hear the sound of Flickerman. He was shouting in joy, his voice echoing, bouncing out of the tv and into the room. Despite you trying to push him voice down, you couldn't pick up on the people speaking.

You could hear a quiet whisper of a woman, weak to the sound of another man, Sejanus. Who was whispering even louder.

Then, a song.

Someone was singing.

A girl, and a guitar. She was loud, and the room was silent as was the tv.

Only her voice could be heard. It was calming, a serenade despite the angry undertone of her voice.

It was grasping your attention, firmer than anything you had ever heard. Despite you trying to stop listening, your body leaned into the door, desperately trying to listen.

Suddenly the song stopped. You could feel yourself rapidly blinking.

The audience from the TV was loud combusting any quiet from before, the door swung open, you felt your posture straighten, your hands coming in front of your body, shielding you from any possibility of you listening in.

Coriolanus Snow stood before you, Sejanus worriedly behind him.

His eyes snapped to you, before snapping back to Sejanus as he rushed past you, down the hall and towards the hospitals exit.

"He's loosing it." Sejanus suddenly said, standing beside you, his brows clenched together.

He suddenly held his hand out offering you your dog tags. "Did you see him?" You nod slowly, pulling the tags over your head lazily before eyeing Sejanus again.

"What were you listening to? If you don't mind me asking, it was very loud." You ask as nonchalantly as you could muster.

He smiled gently nudging you. "The Tributes pregame interviews, it was Lucy Gray, we also saw your friend, Treech."