He shot me down.

Gore warning & loss of limb mention.
—————————————————————

You watched as Treech walked away, moving back to Laminas side, handing her the food. Her eyes immediately shot up from Treeches hand with the food to you, her eyes watering again as she murmurs a thank you, before scrounging up the food. You smiled. She was still the same too. The same soft, kind girl.

You looked over to Sejanus who was having no luck with Marcus. He sat close to the cage his arm stuck in, desperately calling and showing Marcus the food. Even if he didn't realise it, Sejanus was treating him like an animal. He was sticking his hand into the lions cage without knowing what the repercussions would be if Marcus had enough, if Marcus no longer wanted to be kind.

You let out a huff as you begin to walk to Sejanus. "He won't take it, don't try and force him.." you say gently. Your hand twitches as you move it placing it on his shoulder. Sejanus looks up at you just as a child would. "Give him time.." Sejanus sniffs, eventually nodding slowly. His hand drawing back from the cage.

You could feel eyes on you, as you turn your head, your eyes lock with Treech who had a look of frustration on his face as he watches your hand on Sejanus. He then realises you saw him before making a pouty look. You roll your eyes as Lamina looks between the two of you a wide eyed look on her face.

A sudden echo of glass breaking caught your attention as your head snapped up, one of the girls who had been particularly wicked to Sejanus had been grabbed by her tribute, her collar clenched tightly into the girls fist. The tribute then jams the bottle firmly into her neck dropping her to the ground. She begins to splutter blood flying everywhere.

You move faster than you realise, pushing the girl down to the floor putting your metallic hand ontop of the wound applying as much pressure as you possible. The tribute moves again preparing to hit you, if you took your hand from the wound, she'd die. You couldn't have her die. You close your eyes tightly, preparing for a sharp pain, just for it to never come. Before you knew it, the tribute was shoved backwards by Treech, who then swung his leg outwards kicking the bottle away from you and the tribute.

The girl began to gargle, tears slipping down her perfect cheeks. "You're gonna be ok.." you whisper searching her face for any hatred that's normally there, only to find none. Not a single ounce. Gun shots began to fire over your head. Loud, soaring bullets. You watched Treech grab Lamina, shoving her behind the bench as he began to shout. "Y/n! Move!" He screamed as the bullets kept flying. You needed to move, if you moved, she'd die. But if you stayed, you'd die. You take in a shakey breath ducking your head. 

You could see Sejanus, shouting for you too, both of the men's voices clashing together. Move. Move!

"I'm so sorry.."

You move faster then you anticipated, removing your hand from her neck, laying as flat as you could on the ground, your hands drawn over your ears. Your eyes squeezed shut as you took deep, controlled breaths.

—————————————————————

You were back in the square, fresh  out of training, a gun tightly held in your grip as rebels began to attack. You didn't know it would be this violent. You didn't know this is what a peacekeeper did.

You stand behind the collapsing wall, laboured breaths leaving your mouth. If you were to be revealed, you'd be shot, or attacked. You didn't want to die. You needed to try and write to your home again. You needed to live to see Treech again. To see district seven again.

Everything looked half destroyed. The once gorgeous centre that had been recently rebuilt looked as if it was never mended after the war, buildings falling, smoke and dust filling the cool air. The sun not even shinning down anymore.

"Mum? Dad?.." a boys voice called out, you turned your head to a boy walking slowly around the destroyed square. He looked lost and exhausted. He was alone. You could see the shooters had paused, unsure of how to approach. You moved closer, still hidden behind the war.

You took in his appearance, he was wearing fancy clothes, looking freshly bought with his hair neatly combed down, you took in his face. Chubby and tan, with dirt smearing them along with tear streaks.

A growl then sounded. Your gaze sharply followed the noise, your eyes meeting some kind of vicious dog. You had never seen a breed like that, it was huge, and a sleek black. Sharp yellow eyes with scarring littering its face. Its eyes set directly on the boy.

He was going to die. You needed to do something. Your job was to protect the people, he is one of those people. You took in a deep breath. Maybe they'd give you leave, let you go home if you did this. You began to run from behind the wall, moving in front of the boy, he let out a sharp gasp as you shoved him backwards in an attempt to keep distance between you two, and the beast. Its jaws were snapping as saliva dripped down, a deep fear began to build in your stomach as your hands tightened around the gun.

Before you can shoot, the wild beast lunges at you, the gun in your hands falling to your side as you're pinned down, it continues to snarl, as you were pinned down. You couldn't reach the gun, you couldn't kill the thing. You were done for. The boy had been shoved to his ass by the impact, was now crying, and screaming.

You raise a hand shoving desperately at the beasts face trying to force it away, your other arm coming up, covering your face. You could feel its jaws begin to sink into your arm, cutting through skin, brushing bone as it began to shake its head, growling and snarling as blood stained saliva began to drip onto your white uniform. You can feel the skin begin to rip. Screams began to leave your mouth  along with deep cries, as you feel your arm become severed, the mutt clambering off of you chewing it, and eventually.

Swallowing it.

—————————————————————

"Y/n? Y/n!" Your eyes shot open as you sat up, the girl was dead, you could see it. Blood had spilled in gushes from her neck. Bleeding all over the floor surrounding you in a puddle. You look into the zoo only to see the tribute also shot dead, three bullet holes directly in her head. Next to you, an arm coming through the zoos enclosure, was Treech, shaking you gently. "It's ok... you're ok. It's over." He says gently, for the first time since you had been separated, he was speaking to you gently. Just as he did when you were frightened. You looked up at Treech sniffling gently. "I'm ok.. are you? You weren't hit?" You asked quietly. He shook his head. "No, no I wasn't. I'm ok. So is everyone else." He comforted, his hand gently stroking your shoulder.

Another presence joined your side, Sejanus. He peered at your face worriedly as your eyes shot down to your metallic arm. "You ok?" He asked quietly offering an arm to help you up. As you rose to your feet, Treech did too. Sejanus turned to look at him. You nodded at Sejanus, watching his face morph into one of relief.

"Thank you, for helping her.." Sejanus thanked as you let go of his arm, dusting yourself off. Breathe. Your not there anymore. It's ok.

Treech scoffs. "I didn't do it for you." He snaps rolling his eyes, his gaze fell to you again, softening inexorably. "Take your time, don't come back here until you feel ready, and you. Don't make her." He snapped suddenly at Sejanus. His gaze lingered on you for a moment, before he turned moving back to his bench.

—————————————————————

Bless 😭 not so enemies anymore huh. Also now you know how you lost your arm! How lovely 💕
Also, how would you feel, friends with Snow? Or not friends with Snow by the end?