Room temperature noodles

This will be a whole mini series with all eight members where they'll all have bad days and it's up to the reader to help pull them out of it. This is the first drabble with Chan and then they will be posted in order of oldest to youngest member. Some of them are a little angsty, but they usually end with fluff. 

꘎♡━━━━━♡꘎ ꘎♡━━━━━♡꘎ ꘎♡━━━━━♡꘎

You came home from work feeling miserable. Your shoulders sagged, brown bags jutted out beneath your eyes, and you felt awful. The pulsing thrum of a headache began to form behind your eyes. You wanted nothing more than to lay down and go to sleep, so that's exactly what you did.

You walked into the opening of your bedroom door. Sun streaming through white sheer curtains, Chan was criss-cross applesauce with a pillow on his lap supporting his laptop. His nimble fingers worked quickly across the keys. He didn't see you when you came in because of his oversized headphones. He was too busy bobbing his head to whatever new music he was creating.

You ignored it and climbed into the king sized bed beside him. There was more than enough room for the two of you. You had decorated it with pillows and black bedding. The moment you closed your eyes, Chan's hand found yours. He wrapped his fingers around your palm. You gave him a gentle squeeze to acknowledge him. Your hand still in his, it didn't take long before you fell asleep.

Your eyes opened instantly at the sound of something slamming. Groggily, you reached up to wipe your eyes. "Chan?" You mumbled unsure of what the sound was. You blinked your eyes a few times trying to adjust to the darkness that now covered the room.

"Shit, did I wake you up? Sorry, I didn't mean to, just go back to sleep." Chan's voice came from beside you.

"What was that noise? Is something wrong? Are you okay? Did someone break in?" You propped yourself up on your elbows. "Do I need to call the cops?"

"Sorry, baby, I truly didn't mean to wake you up. I slammed my laptop shut, that's all. Everything is fine, go back to sleep." You could hear the slight irritation in his voice.

Fumbling blindly, you reached out to turn on the lamp. You squeezed your eyes shut at the bright light. Meanwhile, Chan hissed and quickly covered his eyes with his palms. "Sorry," you apologized. "Let's talk about it, what's going on?"

"It's just a song, that's all. It doesn't sound right and it's three in the morning. You have to work in a couple of hours, you need to go back to sleep." A yawn came out of Chan's mouth.

"I fell asleep early, so it was only a matter of time before I woke up. What do you mean it doesn't sound right?"

"It doesn't sound the way I want it to. It's not a big deal, I'm just in my head and getting frustrated about it."

You continued to rub the sleep out of your eyes. When you had laid down in the bed, you had fallen asleep on top of the blankets. Somehow, you had managed to get beneath them. Chan probably covered you up at some point. You ripped them off and swung yourself to get out of the bed.

"What are you doing?" Chan asked.

"Well, if I had to take a guess, I bet you haven't eaten anything yet. Plus, I haven't eaten either and I'm kind of hungry. Come on, let's go find something to eat."

"You should really go back to bed," Chan insisted. "Besides, I'm not hungry, I'm fine." His stomach instantly rumbled with disagreement.

You glared at him with raised eyebrows. Giving up, he sighed and forced himself to get out of the bed. "We can't be up long, you need your beauty sleep."

"Relax, I've had nearly nine hours of sleep. I've had more than enough and I'm feeling alright. You, on the other hand, you're the one that needs some sleep. What do you think about instant ramen? It's quick and easy."

"I guess that sounds simple enough."

The two of you talked about the previous day while you waited for the noodles to cook in the microwave. You didn't have much to share, but Chan did. It had been a rough day for everyone apparently. Seeing that they were getting nowhere, Chan sent everyone home early and insisted they'd regroup the next day.

"The issue is this song, I just can't get it right!" He shook his head in defeat. "I know what I want it to sound like in my head, but I haven't been able to get it there. I keep thinking it might be okay with added effects, but I play it back and hate it."

You handed him a fork along with his steaming bowl of noodles. "Do you want me to listen to it and give you feedback on it?"

"I love you, but no. I know you're going to tell me that you like it. It's good, but it's not great, it could be better." He stabbed his fork into the noodles and twirled it around.

"You know, you are part of a group with two other members. You have the rest of 3Racha and if you don't want their help, you also have the rest of your band. Maybe you could try getting a little feedback from everyone."

He paused with his fork halfway to his mouth. "Oh..."

"Oh?" You raised an eyebrow.

"Well, now I feel silly. That is clearly the most obvious choice, it's the smartest choice, and I didn't even think about it. God, I'm such a fucking idiot."

"You're not an idiot, babe. You lose yourself in your head sometimes and that's okay. We all have those days where we convince ourselves that nothing is right. That's one reason why I'm here, to bring you back down to reality."

His cheeks flushed red, "thank you."

You kissed one of his cheeks, "no problem. Now, go ahead and eat your ramen before it gets cold. Nobody likes room temperature noodles."