My baby

"Baby, do you want to talk about it?"

"Don't call me that!" I.N snapped.

You paused at the harsh tone of his voice, but didn't say anything else. Since he had arrived home from work, he hadn't been his normal self. When he walked inside, he completely ignored you. He had ignored you for nearly three hours now.

You figured that he'd address it when he felt a bit better, but he hadn't. You decided to be the bigger person and ask about it. Whatever it was, it had clearly affected him a lot more than he let on. You bit down on the inside of your cheek and waited for his response, but it never came.

He laid in the middle of your shared bed with his arms crossed. Eyebrows furrowed and eyes narrowed as he glared up at the ceiling. He was pissed off at everyone. He hadn't meant to snap at you. You just happened to be there and the added 'baby' only fueled his anger more.

After a few more moments of silence, you spoke up again. "If you want to talk about it, I'll be in the kitchen making dinner." Without another word, you turned, and left the bedroom.

I.N continued lying in the bed. After a few minutes, he let out a sigh, and forced himself out to the kitchen. It wasn't your fault he was pissed off. He took his anger out on you and you had only meant well. He couldn't let you make dinner by yourself, for the two of you, after he had just snapped at you.

As you diced up vegetables in the kitchen, you paused after feeling someone stare at you. You glanced over to see your boyfriend and looked back down at the green pepper you were cutting. As much as you wanted to ask if he was okay, you didn't know if he was still angry or not.

You continued to chop the pepper. The only sounds that could be heard was your knife slamming down onto the cutting board over and over again. After you finished cutting the pepper, you picked up the pieces, and placed them into the preheated skillet where they began to sizzle.

"I'm sorry I snapped at you," I.N finally got out.

You shrugged, "it's fine."

"No, it's not. You were trying to help and I yelled at you." He made his way over towards you and wrapped his arms around your waist. The point of his chin settled onto your shoulder.

You melted into his touch and began to stir the peppers around with a wooden spoon. The recipe called for them to be cooked. His arms wrapped around you tighter. His breath was warm against your neck as he began to explain himself.

"I really didn't mean to snap at you. I'm sorry, I've just had a long day with the guys. They've been teasing me all day because I'm the youngest member. No matter what I do, I couldn't escape it today. When you called me 'baby' it just made me feel worse."

"I meant it in an endearing way," you mumbled.

"I know you did. You didn't mean any harm in it, so I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking clearly."

"Have you talked to the guys about their antics?"

"Not really. I've tried to, but they don't seem to stop."

"I know you don't like it, but they do it because they love you a lot." You turned around in his grip, so you could face him. "Some of them have never had a younger brother, you know?"

"I know, I know, but I'm an adult!"

A small smile worked its way onto your face. "Usually, teasing the younger siblings is a perk of being an older sibling." The smile fell from your face soon afterwards. "However, if it's getting to be a big issue, truly try to talk to them. I'm sure they'll understand it. You probably won't get rid of all the teasing, but it'll erase most of it."

"If they don't stop teasing you," you went on, "let me know. I'll personally harass them all together and one by one. They can't tease my baby bread, that's my job!" You leaned forward and kissed the tip of his nose.

He pulled away from you with a groan. "Not you too! You're supposed to be supportive of me!"

"I'll always support you, but I'll tease you too from time to time."

"If anything, you're the baby! You're younger than me!"

"That's why I get special privileges. Maybe you should take that up with the band. Tell them they owe you lunch for teasing you so much. I'm sure they'd give in, they think you're cute."

He let out a laugh and wrapped his arms around your neck. "Thank you for not being mad at me. I appreciate you being so understanding of the situation."

"Of course, but just so you're aware, I'm not going to stop calling you 'baby.' You'll always be my baby, got it?"

He nodded.

You leaned forward and placed a quick kiss on his lips before pulling away. "Good. You should go wash up before dinner is ready. I have to do a few more things, but I'll be done within a half hour tops."

He smiled and kissed you again, "I love you."

"I love you too, baby."