Skz finds you battling self-harm (3)

Trigger warning: Razors/razor blades, cutting, and self-hatred.

꘎♡━━━━━♡꘎ ꘎♡━━━━━♡꘎ ꘎♡━━━━━♡꘎

"They couldn't have grown legs and walked away," Changbin grumbled. He climbed further into the cabinet, beneath the bathroom sink, and pushed products aside. Dropped down on all fours, his torso was completely inside the darken and confined space.

He was attempting to try and find a pack of his disposable razors, but he couldn't find any of them. He swore he just bought another pack last week, but they were missing. He pushed aside backup bottles of body wash and shampoo. Diving further into conditioner and cotton balls, he dug back further, but to no avail.

He pushed himself backwards and whacked his head on the top of the cabinet in the process. A loud groan left his mouth and it woke you up. In the room next door, you had fallen asleep early. Exhausted from another day at work, you were defeated by the time you came home. Within seconds of your body hitting the pillow, you were out.

You blinked your bleary eyes and rubbed them wondering what was going on. Through the thin bathroom door, Changbin was mumbling. You couldn't hear what he was saying, but he seemed to be upset about something.

As you pushed yourself away from the tangled blankets, Changbin dived back beneath the cabinet to look again. He shoved the small basket of product to the side and when his razors weren't in the very back, he jerked himself out again. A hand went to the porcelain sink to propel himself up.

Crash!

You stumbled over your feet worried that your boyfriend might have fallen. Picking up your pace, you knocked when you arrived at the door and called out to make sure Changbin was alright. Not hearing a response, you panicked even more.

"I'm coming in," you called out.

When you stepped inside, you found a teary eyed Changbin staring at the floor. You stepped up beside him quickly wondering what was wrong. On the tile floor, lay the scattered remnants of the bathroom trash can. A shampoo bottle laid beside it.

Right there on top? One of Changbin's disposable razors was completely dismantled. Twisted blue plastic with a missing razor blade. You made sure to hide it deep within the trash can beneath the snotty tissues and makeup remover wipes. You didn't take into consideration that the trash can might fall over.

The pieces began to click together in your brain. You had been using Changbin's razors for a while now. Prying apart the plastic and so desperate to feel something again. You found a friend in the cold metal blade. The stinging sensation somehow seemed to mend your internal wounds.

Humiliation filled you and the guilt of it all crept in. You swallowed the lump in your throat as your own tears filled your eyes. You remained cemented to the floor unable to speak and unable to explain. There was nothing to explain anyways, Changbin knew what you were doing instantly.

The two of you stayed silent. Changbin ran through your behavior the past few days in his head. You stopped wearing pajama shorts to bed, but fall had turned into winter. He didn't question why you switched your clothes. When you didn't want to be touched as much, he hadn't questioned it.

Boundaries and communication were so important to him. He knew not to cross them. The two of you were honest with each other constantly. It helped your relationship flow smoothly, it helped prevent arguments, and it left the two of you satisfied; but this? How long had you been keeping this a secret?

"Why?" He finally got out.

"I'm sorry." Your voice was shaky as you spoke. You felt so small. So helpless. Rather, you let down one of the most important people in your life. Would he see you through the lens that you saw yourself?

He turned around to face you. There was no hint of anger. His face wasn't twisted and there wasn't a scowl. Hurt was in his eyes. He reached out and cupped your face again. "Why are you doing this?"

"I'll replace your razors and I won't do it again."

"But why?" His thumbs brushed against your cheeks to wipe away tears. "Why are you hurting yourself?" You blurred in his vision.

You blinked rapidly trying to get the tears to stop. You didn't want to admit you hated yourself. You didn't admit you found comfort in the pain. You didn't want to admit any of it. You were stuck at a crossroad.

"Please talk to me." He waited patiently for you to speak. When you didn't, he pulled you into his burly arms. Warmth cocooned your body and cradled your soul.

"I didn't mean to start. I've struggled with it before, you already know that." You sniffled and sucked in a deep breath. "It got bad again and I just wanted to self-soothe. I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm sorry for disappointing you."

He rubbed your back gently. Your head was tucked beneath his chin. His heartbeat walloped in his chest. "You didn't disappoint me, you're hurting inside. You have to learn how to be gentle with yourself, baby. You could never disappoint me."

More tears filled your eyes. They began to trickle down and soak his shirt, but he didn't seem to mind. You let yourself be held by him.

"You're allowed to hurt and you're allowed to be sad, but how about we try to do something else that doesn't harm you? I don't want you to hurt yourself. You don't understand how precious your existence is to me. You mean everything to me."

A strangled sob came from the back of your throat. You broke down completely in his arms. He treated you with such tenderness and love, it made you cry harder. He soothed you quietly while he began listing some of your best qualities.

You cried and cried and cried until you were completely defeated. Everything you had been holding back came up. Beneath your pajama pants, your thighs stung from the fabric brushing up against them. You tried to hide them. You forced yourself into your jeans.

The fabric rubbed and created irritation. The water in the shower hurt. They always hurt. Just as old wounds began to itch and heal, you created new ones to remind yourself just how worthless you were. The cycle had started again and it'd continue until you stopped.

Changbin spoke to you how a mother spoke to her newborn baby. Praising you for the smallest things. Dotting on you and gently rocking you side to side. They say a mother's heartbeat comforts a baby in the wound. With you pressed up against and hearing Changbin's heart through your sobs, maybe that's why you felt comfortable enough to fall apart.

When you finally finished sobbing, you were left breathless and exhausted. Changbin's heartbeat continued to thrum. Exhaustion weighed heavily upon you and Changbin planted a soft kiss on the top of your head.

"Come on, let's get you into bed."

You didn't object as he picked you up and carried you back to your shared room. Concerned about your well-being still laced him. No matter how much he wanted to continue talking about it, you needed to get some sleep. Tomorrow, he'd help you come up with a better plan to cope, but for now, he'd be by your side until you woke up again.