Sweet cheeks

"Hi baby, I miss you. I'm sorry if I'm not texting you much. It's been kind of a rough day today. Please don't be too mad at me. I'll make it up to you when I get home, I promise. I'm leaving the studio right now and I'll be home soon. I love you❣️"

You glanced down at the message that your boyfriend had sent you and paused for a moment. Biting down on your lip, you thought for a moment before sending your response.

"Don't worry about it, babe. It's okay. We all have bad days sometimes. I'll be waiting for you when you get here with open arms. See you in a few minutes. I love you too!!"

You glanced at the clock on your phone and paused. You figured that something had been bothering Felix today. He had texted you here and there, but his tone was much different than it normally was. His responses came back in one or two words instead of a few sentences or double, even triple, text messages.

You ran through your brain trying to figure out what Felix did for you when you had a bad day. Most of the time, he made you brownies and insisted that the two of you needed to spend some quality time together. It could be as simple as watching a movie or playing board games.

Your eyes slowly looked up from your phone and across the living room towards a closet. The top of it was filled with a variety of board games that the two of you had collected over the years. Since he was close with the rest of the band and the two of you had your own place, a lot of the time, the members all came over to hang out.

There were always, at least, two of them that would bicker about what everyone else wanted to watch on the living room TV. That's when Felix and you had decided to start collecting board games. While everyone was watching TV, sometimes the members would wander out to the kitchen and get caught up in a board game.

Flinging yourself off of the couch, you hurried towards the kitchen. Unlocking your phone, you headed towards your notes app. After begging and begging for months, Felix finally caved while he was drunk. He gave you the exact measurements for his secret brownie recipe while giggling. Obviously, he wasn't going to give you it for free. Between every ingredient, he pucker his lips, and waited for you with his eyes closed.

You'd kiss him and then he'd reveal an ingredient. The whole thing took less than five minutes and when he woke up the next morning, with a killer headache, he had no idea what he had done the previous night. Perhaps, this was finally your chance to wow him.

You quickly washed your hands and began gathering everything you needed. Not wanting to waste a single second, you measured out your ingredients perfectly and placed them into a large mixing bowl. Excitement swirled in your stomach. You couldn't help, but smile to yourself.

You couldn't wait for him to get home and reveal your plans. Of course, the brownies wouldn't be done cooking by the time he arrived. If you were lucky, perhaps, the house would greet him with the warm scent of chocolate. You knew how much he loved his brownies and physical affection. It was the perfect way to make him feel better.

You grabbed a whisk out of a drawer and began whisking everything together. Everything was still out because you didn't have time to put it away. You'd finish mixing the ingredients together, place them in the pan, toss them in the oven, and then you could clean up your mess.

So there was a bit of flour you spilled and some egg that you hadn't cracked over the bowl properly. Liquid egg white had formed a small puddle on the table. You had plenty of time to get everything set up before Felix came home, or so you thought.

After removing the whisk, you picked up the large mixing bowl full of batter, and began heading towards the stove. You already had a pan waiting for you. You had coated it with a cooking spray, so the brownies didn't stick to it. Right as you were walking towards it, you forgot that you had spilled vegetable oil on the floor.

The moment your bare foot touched it, you slid. Caught off balance, you let out a yelp as your body fell back. Time seemed to freeze as you flew through the air. Your body was weightless until your back smacked into the tile floor. The bowl full of thick batter tilted. Due to the remaining oil in the batter, it slid forward.

Splat!

Sticky batter instantly covered your face. To make matters worse, the front door opened a few seconds afterwards. While you were still in shock and trying to claw the mixture out of your eyes and off your mouth, so you could breathe, Felix's voice filled the air.

"Honey, I'm home!"

The batter was everywhere. Clumped together in your eyebrows, coating your eyelashes, your fingers were caked in it. You frantically wiped it away from your face, but it only made the mess bigger. It got in your hair, it went beneath your nails, and you were almost near tears.

All you had wanted to do was cheer up your boyfriend and instead, you had made a bigger mess. You'd have to make more batter for more brownies and you weren't even sure you had enough ingredients.

"Baby?" Felix's voice called out again. "Where are you? Are you here?"

You froze as his footsteps headed towards the kitchen. "I'm in the kitchen. Don't come out here! I'm working on...on a surprise?"

Felix chuckled, "you don't sound so sure about that."

You let out a sigh as his footsteps came closer. Soon he'd see you as a complete mess. You quickly forced yourself to sit up. Batter dripped down onto the front of your shirt. You let out a sting of curse words upset with yourself.

Loud laughter caused you to snap your head up. You shot Felix a glare, but all he could do was laugh harder. His eyes scrunched up into crescent moons. The sides of his lips upturned as his chest heaved with laughs. "W-what happened?" He finally got out after trying to compose himself.

"I was trying to make you brownies and then I fell. I'm going to clean it up, I swear." You scooped up some of the batter that had fallen onto the floor and placed it back into the mixing bowl.

A bright white smile never left his face. He stared at you with endearing amusement. "You were going to make me brownies?"

"You said you were having a rough day. I wanted to make you feel better." You scooped up more batter into the bowl. "I'm sorry I caused a bigger mess. Your brownies are going to be delayed because I need to clean up."

He reached out a hand towards you.

"What are you doing?" You raised an eyebrow. Your hands were still covered in batter. You had gotten most of it off your face, but some was still smeared behind.

"Helping you up."

"But I-"

He cut you off by bending down and grabbing your hand without complaint. He helped you get up and another smile appeared on his face. Without a sound, he reached out a finger towards your face and scooped up some of the remaining batter into his mouth. "Mmh, delicious."

"Stop it! There's raw egg in that."

"And?"

"You could get salmonella!"

"Calm down, sweet cheeks. It's not the first time I've consumed raw brownie batter and it won't be the last time." He leaned forward and quickly pecked your lips with his own. Eyes full of mischief, his tongue appeared a few seconds later as he licked his lips. "You taste delicious. I'm sure they would have been wonderful brownies."

You bit down on your lip. You weren't going to tell him that you had his brownie recipe. You would keep that a secret for now.

"How about you go clean up in the bathroom? I'll fix up your mess out here and when you get back, we can make a batch together?"

You nodded your head and let out a sigh. "I'm really sorry for this. I was hoping you'd be able to come home to the smell of warm brownies."

"Don't worry about it." Without missing a beat, he scooped another fingerful of batter off your cheek, and shoved it into his mouth.

"Salmonella!" You cried out again worried that he'd get sick from the raw eggs.

All he could do was let out another laugh as you shook your head and walked away.