This is me trying

Seungmin finds you in shambles after you get fired from your job and evicted from your apartment. 

Trigger warning: Contains mentions of reader drinking irresponsibly to cope with their problems.

꘎♡━━━━━♡꘎ ꘎♡━━━━━♡꘎ ꘎♡━━━━━♡꘎

Nothing was going right. When you picked apart your life and looked at it, not a single damn thing was going fine. You were trying so hard to keep your composure, but when you received an eviction notice from your landlord on the same day you were fired from your job, it was your final straw. Something inside of you crumbled and you gave up completely.

You collapsed on the couch with the letter in your hands. Your frantic eyes scanned the letter over and over again. With shaking hands, you muttered a prayer begging for some type of mercy. Your life was in shambles and you no longer knew how to fix it.

Your phone rang in your back pocket beneath you. It vibrated between the denim of your jeans and the faux leather couch, but you ignored it. The bright light burning inside you was snuffed out and you weren't sure how to reignite it.

Your eyes blurred with tears and the letter eventually dropped from your hand. It fluttered in a circle with ink smeared from your tears. You choked back a sob and slumped to the side. Pulling your knees to your chest, your sharp nails bit into the soft skin; a painful reminder that you were still human.

You were alive and breathing. No matter how much you wanted all of this to end, your lungs still sucked in air. You pushed out carbon dioxide. You didn't bother trying to stop your tears. The only thing preventing loud sobs from wracking your body was the thin walls in your apartment complex.

Surely if your nosy neighbors heard, the police would be called. They'd knock on your door worried about you. Who knew if they'd break the door down or not and you didn't want to risk finding out. So you choked back your sobs and sucked in shaky breaths.

In and out. In and out. In and out. In and out until exhaustion filled your bones and your heavy eyelids slipped shut.

Back at the dorm rooms, Seungmin texted you knowing you were off work. He always texted you when you were finished. Since his band had a bit of free time after their latest comeback, he wanted to hang out with you as much as possible. They didn't get these days often and he didn't want them to go to waste.

After a few hours, he wasn't concerned. You probably went home to binge watch Netflix. Sometimes you were easily distracted, so it wasn't a big deal. When the later afternoon turned into evening, he tried calling your phone, but it went to voicemail.

He racked his brain wondering if he did something to upset you, but he couldn't recall anything hurting your feelings lately. Your relationship was normal as per usual. In fact, if he hurt your feelings, you weren't ashamed to tell him. He admired you for having such honesty and, in turn, he did the same for you.

He went to bed that evening worried, but he figured there'd be an apology text from you in the morning. After seven hours of blissful sleep, with the morning sun peering into his window via closed blinds, he reached for his phone. His heart was about to burst from excitement, but when he opened his phone to check his notifications, there wasn't one from you.

Disappointment laced him, but he continued to believe you'd reach out when you were ready. Maybe he did something wrong and you needed space. He swallowed his anxiety, although it loomed over him like a shadow, and he went about his day.

When you hadn't reached out by that evening, he finally approached Changbin. Changbin seemed to understand people better than anyone else. Besides, a few other members went home for the break and he didn't want to bother them.