Novocaine

You fall for Han Jisung. 

꘎♡━━━━━♡꘎ ꘎♡━━━━━♡꘎ ꘎♡━━━━━♡꘎

Falling in love with Han Jisung was like falling in love with life. It was like living the same day over and over again. Waking up at the same time, repeating the same steps, stuck in an endless loop. Over and over and over again, day after day, the same dull melancholic cycle.

When the two of you met, you didn't just develop a small crush, you fell head over heels. Stumbling and free falling off the top of your stability mountain. It wasn't supposed to happen, but it did. Down, down, down you fell with no net. At the bottom, your own self sabotage was waiting to catch you with open arms.

It was only a matter of time before you broke your own heart. Grasping at straws and clinging to exchanged smiles and polite small talk. Digging your nails into the simplicity of human nature and hanging on tight because you needed a rope. You needed a way to breathe again.

If developing a one sided crush was what got you through your day, so be it. Small smiles and nods, holding your breath and hoping casual greetings would turn into something more, you would have given up everything to be loved by him.

You would have carved your own heart out of your chest while it was still beating and presented it to him with a soft smile while you bleed out. God, you would have done anything to be loved by Han Jisung. Murmuring quiet prayers before bed, imagining a miracle, believing that it'd happen one day.

Maybe it was a god or maybe it was just you. Maybe it was the way your face lit up when you saw him or maybe it was the way you laughed at his bad jokes. The way you pushed your hair out of your face and the way your eyes stayed on him when he spoke.

Somehow, by some way, some miracle; the feeling was mutual. He would have created a hundred love songs to get your attention. He'd do anything to be able to call you his. You had been the one for him ever since he had first laid his eyes upon you.

Eventually, your small talks escalated into full blown conversations. Those spilled over into morning coffees and lunch dates. One evening, a lunch date dragged into dinner which led to a bar, and maybe one too many shots.

Your drunken giggles filled the dark streets as the two of you walked home. You knew you were taking a big risk and Han just needed a bit of liquid courage. You kept laughing at his jokes and eventually you pronounced something wrong.

He had made fun of you and you slurred your speech as you lectured him with a wagging finger. Your giggles ceased as you glanced up at his face. You had always been a sucker for big brown eyes.

He had been scanning every inch of your face. Waiting for an opportunity to make his move, his eyes lingered at your lips. When you asked him if he was going to kiss you, he hadn't heard you at first. His eyes met yours and he opened his mouth for clarification, but your lips met his.

You were drunk and desperate and it was killing you. Were you friends or were you more? If this backfired, you could blame it on the alcohol. You could blame it on the fireball.

Your lips moved in sync. You tasted like cinnamon and moonlight, but your body felt like home. When you finally pulled away breathless, Han wasn't fully sure what had just happened. He was drunk, but he wasn't that drunk.

"D-did we just..."

"Uh-huh."

"Oh, god."

"Did you like it?"

"Can I do it again?"

So you did. Right there in the middle of the empty street. Orange street lights lit the two of you up. Observed by the crescent moon, bodies pressed against one another with eager wandering hands.