30. Kurukshetra day 4

Kurukshetra,
As the next day came, all the warriors stared their journey towards the battlefield. Both the sena's were face to face and soon the sum started to rise. with the sunrise, the warriors did their shankhnaad indicating the start of the battle.

Yudhishthir asked his Sena to created the Trishul vyuh while all the warriors of the Kaurava army looked at Sanvika.

Karna- Mata, which vyuh shall we create?
San- No vyuh formation! A warrior shall not be bounded to stick with the vyuha formation! All the warriors show case your prowess to the Sena in front of you!

The Sena roared in happiness as they could finally showcase their courage without having the fear of breaking the vyuh.

Karna was fighting with Satyaki. Both had a fierce battle and Karna was dominating the battle. To protect their father, the 10 sons of Satyaki came forward to fight.

Seeing this, Vrishsena came and started to fight the 10 sons of Satyaki. The 10 created a circle around the son of Karna and showered 1000s of arrows on him. But Vrushali Nandan countered all the attacks with ease.

He broke the bows of all 10 sons of Satyaki following which he beheaded them one after another.

Drona was fighting the king of Lanka. The king of Lanka also happened to be the student of Maharishi Bharadwaj.

The king of Lanka picked up his bow and was to attack Drona, but the son of Bharadwaj was smarter and he shot a arrow which broke the bow of the king. The king picked up another bow but was met with the same faith.

That's when an arrow released by Drona went threw the neck of king of Lanka.

It was at that time the king of Sinhala was going to attack Drona from behind. But the great warrior Ashwatthama saw this and killed the king of Sinhala with his spear.

Shrikhandini was unleashing on the opposite Sena hence Yudhishthir went up to Bhishma and said.

Yudhi- Pitamah, Shrikhandini has started a massacre against our Sena. She shall be stopped from doing son as it might cost us the victory.

Saying that Yudhishthir went away from there. Bhishma went in the direction of Shrikhandini and a ferocious war began.

2 akshauhini Sena of the Kaurava side were with Shrikhandini, while there stood the son of Shantanu alone.

All showered countless amounts of arrows at Bhishma as it pierced him. None of them hurt him, but guilt was felt by him.

His life flashed in front of him as he recalled all the times spent with his family. Suddenly he felt a change in temperature as Shrikhandini summoned the samvrata Astra. The same Astra used by his Pitrmah Bharat.

Bhishma accepted his faith and got down from his chariot. He dropped his bow and spread his arms as the arrow released by Shrikhandini pierced him. He then fell behind and layer on the bed of arrows.

Far away on the battlefield as Sanvika was fighting the army of Kaunteya's. She closed her eyes as she heard a shankhnad and a tear dropped on the ground.

No matter if they didn't talk, but their bond they shared over a span of 7 years was undoubtedly great. Soon the sunset and all the warriors returned to their tents and none went up to Bhishma minus Amba.

Sanvika after cleaning her wounds went to the battlefield again. She stood in front of Bhishma and said.

San- Devrat ...

Bhishma whose head was hanging low due to no support looked up and saw the person he did wrong.

Bhishma- Bua ...

Sanvika raised her bow and made a head rest for Bhishma with 3 arrows.

San- How are you doing?
Bhishma- Bua I apologise I took decisions but I was just following my step mother.
San- It's okay Devrat, but you have a wife you have to take care of. Rethink your decision about the same.

They both catched up with each other when Sanvika said.

San- If you decide to use your boon, don't do it now. The sun is in the southern hemisphere, as the sun enters the northern hemisphere use it in an auspicious time.

Soon Sanvika left and Bhishma closed his eyes and smiled.

________________________
Author's note:-
How was the war? 

What did you think about the death of Bhishma?

What are your views on Bhishma and Sanvika's talk?