Broken Bone

"Ooww!!!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed as the school nurse carefully examined her right arm as her assistant coach stood in the side watching. The nurse gently put her arm down as Dash used her left arm to hold her injured arm as even the slightest movement could cause it to hurt. "Can you tell me what happened?" The nurse asked as Dash nodded.

Moments ago
"I'm open," Dash said who was wearing her soccer uniform as Spitfire one of her teammates passed the ball to her as she started kicking the ball. The match was against Crystal Prep soccer team as they were competing for championships. "Come on Canterlot stay focus. Rely on each other ." Her coach said but Dash was so focused on the ball and scoring that she failed to notice that one of Crystal Prep's players was coming after her. The player then side tackled her leg on "accident" causing Dash to fall. Because of the fall, she landed on her arm when suddenly a 'crack' was heard.

"Arrgh," Dash said holding her right arm as she stayed lying down she closed her eyes cause she felt the world blurred as a whistle was blown. She slowly opened one of her eyes and looked to see her arm was swelling up and it was purple. "Dash!" Her coach said as she approached Rainbow Dash as her teammates rushed to her side. "My..arm..it's hurting," Rainbow said as she started crying because of the pain. "Okay, kiddo. You did good now we gotta get you out to have it examined." Her coach said Dash nodded as one of the assistant coaches carried her to the nurse's office to get her arm examined.

"And that's what happened," Rainbow said as the nurse was listening. "Sorry to hear that. Based on what I heard and see you have a broken arm. I'm gonna need to call your dad to come get you and take you to the hospital." The nurse said as she walked to her phone and started calling her dad as Rainbow was scared and sad. "Hey kiddo it's okay you did your best. All we need you to do now is rest and let that broken arm heal." The assistant coach said as Dash nodded.

A couple of moments go by and Rainbow's dad came to get her as they go to the hospital. As they arrived she was then taken to the emergency room by the nurses to have her arm examined as they were now waiting in one of the rooms. A knock was heard as the door opened gaining the attention of Rainbow Dash and her dad. "Hello Rainbow Dash, you're here because your nurse said your arm got broken from one of your soccer matches right?" Dr. Drew said as he was holding a clipboard and looking over at the X-rays he had. "Y-yeah," Dash said as Dr.Drew sighed.

"I hate to break it to you kid but she was right. Your arm is severely broken luckily you'll be able to get your cast on right now. That way it can start healing." Dr. Drew said as Her dad nodded understanding. The doctor soon began applying the cast on Dash's broken arm as she watched him do the whole process before putting a sling on it. "There that should take 4-6 weeks to heal after that you'll come back and we'll see what happens next." Dr. Drew said before turning his attention to Dash's Dad Bow.

"For now have her rest and try to make sure she doesn't do much with that arm. I'll write her notes so that she's excused from sports and so the school knows." Dr.Drew said as he began writing the notes. "As for you Dash, I'm gonna give you this guide telling you what you should or shouldn't do with that cast." Dr.Drew said handing the notes and a packet to Dash as she grabbed it with her left arm before thanking him.

With that Bow and Rainbow went back to the car and headed home. Dash looked out the window saddened as her dad noticed. "Hey chin up kiddo. The cast matches your hair. Besides your mom is making you your favorite dish spaghetti and meatballs." Bow said as Dash looked at her cast semi-smiling. As they arrived home her mom immediately greeted her as Bow explained how the visit to the emergency room went. The three started eating but Rainbow didn't eat much as she was still sad about her arm breaking.

She then finished eating and headed upstairs to her room getting her clothes ready to take a bath. "Wait kiddo before you take a bath you need to put plastic bags over the cast." Her dad said as he helped remove the sling and started putting plastic bags over the cast. "There you go. If need any help let your mom know okay?" Bow asked as Dash nodded heading towards the bathroom. Moments go by and Dash came out of the bathroom. She then took off the bags on her cast and put her sling back on. She then went to her bed and sat down as she put her phone to charge before lying down facing upwards looking at her ceiling before calling it a night.