Falling for Ya

"Hey, Pinkie where did you hear about this diner?" Rainbow Dash said she was wearing a blue open hoodie with the sleeves rolled up to her elbows showing her white shirt with faded blue jeans and black high tops as she was walking alongside Pinkie who was wearing a pink skirt and white blouse with a light blue jacket.

"Oh, I heard people from school talking about it," Pinkie said. "Oh yeah I hear most teenagers go hang out there, especially during the summer," Sunset said who was wearing a black leather jacket with black jeans and an orange shirt. "I hope it's good," Fluttershy said softly who was wearing a white tank top with a teal open hoodie along with a green and pink pattern skirt.

"Well, what are we waiting for let's go! I'm starving, I think I'll get a double bacon cheeseburger !" Dash exclaimed as Sunset chuckled. "Impatient as always Dash but that does sound good, especially with onion rings," She said. They walked towards the dinner that happened to be near a beach. The four then entered the diner which was giving 60's vibes as they noticed there was also a little stage for live performances which was actually happening as there was a band playing live music with people watching and dancing.

"Looks like we came while a little party was happening," Rainbow said jokingly as she noticed a crowd of teenagers hanging out and watching the band play. The four walked towards a booth and sat down before looking over the menu.

"Ooh, I can't decide between a burger and a sundae. Maybe I'll get both!" Pinkie said as handed the menu to Fluttershy "I think I'll go for a salad." She said as Sunset and Rainbow Dash had already decided that they're gonna get burgers. They then started chatting and soon placed their orders as their waiter came. Just then they noticed some teenagers heading near the stage. Dash noticed three girls were on the stage and were gonna start performing with the band.

Rainbow noticed that it was a girl around her age with blonde hair in a braid and green eyes wearing a stetson as well as a red sun dress with brown boots. She also noticed two other girls one wearing glasses and wearing a light blue purple striped shirt with a purple skirt while the other was wearing a white blouse with a dark purple skirt.

"Looks like someone's gonna perform with the band." Sunset pointed out. "Ooh, we should go closer!" Pinkie said as more teenagers headed near the stage. "Yeah let's go!" Sunset said as she got up from the booth as she and Pinkie headed near the stage. "You coming with us?" Fluttershy asked softly. "Yeah I'll just wait for the food to get here then I'll go," Dash said as Fluttershy nodded before catching up to Sunset and Pinkie.

Suddenly drums and sound effects from a keyboard started playing as the guitar and bass soon started to play as well and people started to cheer. "The day started ordinary boys walking by." The girl with the stetson sang into the mic as the other two girls were the backup vocal chorus while the band played. "Ooh Ooh." The girls sang as the lead vocalist continued. "It was the same old story too fresh or too shy." She sang as the other two girls continued with the backup vocals "Ooh Ooh."

"I'm not the kind to fall for a guy, who flashes a smile." She continued singing. "It goes on for miles." The backup vocals sang. "Don't usually swoon but I'm over the moon." The girl with the stetson sang as Dash watched from a distance as she continued watching the band when she and her friend's food finally arrived. She thanked the waiter as she continued watching the performance before getting up from the booth. "Cause he was just too cool for school." The lead vocalist friends sang.

" And now I'm falling for ya, falling for ya. Can't hold on any longer and now I'm falling for you." The girl sang while Rainbow was walking through the crowd and saw her friends noticing that they were having a good time. Even noticing how Sunset would constantly glance at the girl with glasses who in return would look at Sunset. Dash smiled but continued walking as her attention was on the girl who was on stage.

"It feels like I tumbled from another world. Into your arms and it's so secure, maybe I'll stumble but I know for sure. Head over heels I'm gonna be your girl." The girl sang as a guitar solo started playing and soon it took over the silence as it continued to play as all the teenagers were dancing and having a good time.

Rainbow continued walking as she was near the stage as if right on cue. The lead vocalist did a twirl but as she did it caused her to lose her footing and started to fall off stage but just before she could hit the ground. Dash outstretched her arms forward and caught the girl in her arms holding her bride style. The two stared at each other green eyes meeting magenta eyes.

"And now I'm falling for ya, falling for ya. I know I shouldn't but I, I just can't stop myself from. Falling for ya, falling for ya can't hold on any longer. And now I'm falling for you." She sang as she finished singing before lightly tapping Dash's nose as they both smiled at each other lost in each other gaze like it was love at first sight.

"You okay?" Rainbow asked. "Yeah, I'm fine thanks for the catch." The girl said. "Well, I couldn't let someone like you fall and hurt yourself. I'm Rainbow Dash." Dash said. "Applejack. Thanks again for catching me, Rainbow Dash." She said smiling. Before Dash could continue talking her friends as well as the two girls that sang backup approached them.

"You alright Applejack." The girl with glasses asked. "I'm fine Twilight. Thanks for your concerns." Applejack said as Rainbow Dash put her down gently. "Luckily my friend Rainbow Dash was able to catch your friend in time," Sunset said elbowing her as Dash smiled. "Oh well thank you for catching our friend she would've been seriously hurt if you didn't catch her." The girl with purple hair said as Dash smiled. "It was nothing...oh let me introduce you to my friends that's Sunset, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy," Rainbow said pointing to her friends in that order as the three of them waved to Applejack.

"Nice to meet you three, these are my friends Twilight and the girl that thanked you is Rarity." Applejack introduced her friends. "Hey, why don't you guys join us? We've got a booth right over there and we were just about to dig into our food." Sunset asked. Applejack, Rarity, and Twilight exchanged glances before agreeing, "Sure, why not?"Applejack said.

The group settled into the booth, and as they savored their meals, conversations flowed as laughter and shared stories filled the air. Night soon came as people and teens started to leave the diner. "It was great meeting you guys but we gotta head home," Twilight said. "I'll walk you guys out," Dash said getting the courage to ask something important Applejack.

"Hey, Applejack, I was uh wondering how...we should catch up some time outside the diner? Just you and me. If you want." Rainbow stuttered as she was blushing walking side by side with Applejack as the girl grinned.

"I'd like that, Dash. Count me in." She said. Dash
then walked Applejack, Rarity, and Twilight to the door. Before they parted ways, Rainbow asked, "So, about that date?" causing Applejack to chuckle. "You name the day, and I'll be there."
Applejack said with a promising smile as the two exchanged contact information.

Dash then put her phone away and looked at Applejack who smiled before leaning in and kissing Rainbow on her cheek causing her to blush and smile. Dash then bid the three farewell, watching as they left the diner. Love had found its way into the heart of Rainbow Dash, and the diner had become the backdrop to unexpected romance.