Messing with the past pt.4

"Guess who has a date for the dance," Rainbow said sitting down with her friends and with Blaze. "Really who is it?" Fluttershy asked. "Ooh, I love guessing!" Pinkie said smiling. "Well come on Dash tell us don't leave us hanging," Sunset said as Blaze smiled knowing who asked her.

"It's Applejack," Rainbow said confidently taking a bite of her sandwich. "Woah talk about a coincidence, she just so happened to be the one Blaze was saying you'll have a connection with," Pinkie said. "A connection they haven't made or realized yet." Blaze clarified. "Well good for you Rainbow Dash," Fluttershy said softly. "Thanks, guys I should be thanking Blaze since he's the one who told me to say yes if she made the first move," Rainbow said glancing at him.

"Don't mention it, so now that you have a date and the dance is a couple of days from now what are you gonna wear?" He asked. "Guess it's time to go shopping for dresses or suits," Sunset said. "We could go after school." Pinkie pointed out excitedly. "Sounds like a plan! You coming Blaze?" Rainbow said with her food in her mouth. "Yeah gotta make sure you look good for your date," Blaze said.

Days later after dress and suit shopping Rainbow Dash, Sunset, Fluttershy, Pinkie, and Blaze stood in front of the school about to head in wearing their formal clothes. Rainbow Dash was wearing royal blue slacks and a suit jacket with a white dress shirt along with black dress shoes. Sunset was wearing a black suit jacket, slacks, and high heels with a dark red button-up underneath. Pinkie was wearing a pink tulle dress with light pink high heels and Fluttershy was wearing a flowy and strapless, misty teal dress with two tiny butterfly designs that started to split in the middle as it reached her waist and a bright yellow skirt with yellow flats. While Blaze was wearing a signature black suit with a white button-up.

"Come on let's head inside!" Pinkie said excitedly as she, Fluttershy, and Sunset started heading inside and Blaze was about to follow until he noticed Dash wasn't following. "You coming Rainbow?" Blaze asked. "Y-yeah I'm just waiting on Applejack. I'll see you guys on the dance floor." Rainbow said flashing a reassuring smile. He nodded going inside but before he headed to the gym he took out the photo and saw that his sister had already disappeared leaving only himself before he disappeared from existence. 'Please, please let them fall in love' Blaze thought before catching up with Sunset, Pinkie, and Fluttershy.

"Wow, the school really outdid themselves with the decorations," Sunset said noticing the beautiful decorations and props used. "Yeah, they sure did," Blaze said. "Ooh let's head to the snack table," Pinkie said as the four of them walked over to the table and started eating the snacks they provided. Sunset then elbowed Blaze causing him to look at her confused. "Look." She said smirking pointing at the entrance of the gym. He looked and smiled as he noticed his mom Rainbow Dash and mama Applejack who was wearing her signature stetson with a gorgeous red dress v-neck had walked into the gymnasium. Dash had her arm out as Aj's arm was wrapped around it the two girls were walking and talking as they smiled at each other. Blaze smiled as his plan was going well.

"Looks like there getting along," Fluttershy said softly. "Sure do," Blaze said as he began serving himself punch but someone accidentally bumped into him. "Oops sorry...oh hey Twilight." He said noticing it was Twilight who was wearing a purple floral dress. "Oh hey, Blaze sorry about that." She said. "It's fine, so did you work up the courage to ask out your crush to the dance?" He asked causing Sunset's interest to be piqued. "Uh no I didn't have the courage to," Twilight said softly.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that," Blaze said but Pinkie had an idea. "Ooh you can ask my friend Sunset she has a huge cr-"Pinkie was gonna say before Sunset placed her hand over Pinkie's mouth. "Heh excuse us," Sunset said dragging Pinkie so the two could talk in private. "What was that about?" Twilight asked. "Not my place to tell," Blaze said. The dance continued as Blaze stayed by the wall of the gymnasium as he was talking to Fluttershy and Twilight keeping them company while also keeping an eye on his moms making sure the plan was going smoothly as he would see the two laughing, talking, smiling and would occasionally dance with each other.