Soulmates

In the cozy, dimly lit bedroom of the Apple family farmhouse, young six-year-old Applejack sat on her bed, wearing her favorite pajamas with little apples printed on them. Her mother Pear Butter, a kind and loving woman, stood nearby, gently brushing Applejack's golden hair. "There we go, all ready for bed. Now, hop into bed, and I'll tuck you in." Her mom said as Applejack climbed under the soft covers, her big green eyes filled with curiosity. "Mama, can I ask you something?" A young Applejack asked. "Of course, darlin'. What's on your mind? Pear Butter asked. "How did you meet Daddy?"Applejack asked.

Her mom looked at her softly as she smiled. "Your father and I met when we were just little kids. Both your father's family and my side of the family disliked each other but that didn't stop your father and I from getting along with each other," Aj's mom said. "How'd you know Dad was the one?" Applejack asked. "Well, sweetheart, when we were both 16, something magical happened. A little red string appeared on our pinky fingers." Her mom said. "A red string? What does that mean?" Applejack asked intrigued. "It means we were soulmates. Everybody has one, and when you follow it the string leads you to your special someone. That's how your father and I met." Pear Butter said.

Applejack snuggled deeper into her blankets, feeling comforted by her mother's words before asking a question. "Will I ever find my soulmate?" She asked her mother. "You will and whoever your soulmate is will make you happy and will always be there for you." Pear Butter replied before kissing her daughter on the forehead. "Sweet dreams Applejack." She said softly, heading towards the bedroom door and turning off the lights as she watched Applejack close her eyes before softly closing the door. That day Applejack dreamed about possibly finding her soulmate.

Time Skip 10 years

Ever since that day her mother told her about soulmates Applejack has been waiting for her 16th birthday now She was a High Schooler and was excited as her birthday was tomorrow. "Hey, Applejack excited for tomorrow?!?!" Pinkie one of her six friends asked. "Sure am can't wait to see who my soulmate is and if they attend Canterlot like us," Applejack said going through her locker.

"Well, whoever it is they'll be lucky to have you," Sunset said as she came walking hand in hand with Twilight. "I know I was lucky to have Sunset as mine," Twilight said kissing her on the cheek. Applejack smiled at the two before noticing her other friends Rarity and Fluttershy walking hand in hand toward them. "Hello Darlings," Rarity greeted as Fluttershy waved. "So Applejack excited for your big day tomorrow know that you'll finally be 16." Rarity said.

You see Applejack was the youngest in the group so that means her friends found their soulmates before her, Fluttershy was the oldest by a couple of months, and once Rarity had turned 16 a red string appeared on both their pinky fingers and they found out they were each other's soulmates. Then Twilight turned 16 and her red string immediately appeared on her pinky finger she then found out her soulmate was Sunset who was the third oldest in the friend group. Even Pinkie who was the second youngest in the group had found her soulmate which was Cheese Sandwich. "Yeah and as I was just telling the others that I'm excited to know who my soulmate is," Applejack said.

"Yeah, but that means I'll probably be the only one in our group who hasn't found their soulmate yet," A raspy voice said as Applejack turned to see it was her best and closest friend Rainbow Dash. Despite being the second oldest in the friend group, Dash hadn't found her soulmate. That was one of the things Applejack and Dash bonded over being the only two in the friend group to not find their soulmates they grew close with each other so close that some people assumed that they were soulmates.

"Don't feel bad Dashie I'm sure you'll find them," Pinkie said trying to cheer Rainbow up. "Thanks, Pinkie," Dash said softly. "Who knows maybe it's Applejack," Pinkie said causing the two to blush. "Wh-I highly doubt that," Applejack said. "Y-yeah the chances are very low," Rainbow said. "Ooh, but you guys aren't denying it and the blushing says otherwise,"  Sunset said joking. Suddenly the warning bell rang signifying the last class of the day. "Wow, would you look at the time I gotta go to gym class...bye," Rainbow said running to class. "Y-yeah and I got history," Applejack said as leaving as the rest of their friends watched them leave. "Do they not realize their classes are in the opposite direction," Sunset asked her girlfriend. "Leave them be they'll find out soon," Twilight said as they all headed to their last class of the day.