Adopting

Applejack and Rainbow Dash, who have been together since the age of 17, just finished watching a movie together. As they watched the credits roll, Applejack turned to her wife and asked, "That was a fun movie date don't yah think?" Rainbow Dash, with a smile on her face, replied, "Yeah, it was leaving me on my seat."

The two of them first confessed their feelings for each other during their second to last year of high school and their relationship has been going strong ever since. They supported each other through college and after graduating, they decided to move in together. Two years ago, they decided to take the next step in their relationship and tied the knot. Now, at the age of 24, they are happily married and still very much in love. "Come on let's head home," Dash said offering her hand to her wife as she accepted it before the two left the theater.

They walked towards the lobby they noticed that it was nighttime and it had started to rain. "Good thing I bought an umbrella," Rainbow said holding it in her other hand. The two exited the movie theater and Dash opened the umbrella as the two walked hand in hand underneath it heading towards the parking lot. As they approached Dash's Toyota Prius, a distant cry caught their attention the couple exchanging puzzled glances.

"Did you hear that?" Applejack asked. "Yeah, it sounded like crying," Dash said as the two stayed silent as they heard the distant cry again. "Where is it coming from?" Dash asked as her wife looked in the direction of a dark alleyway. "I think it's coming from somewhere down there," AJ said pointing towards the alley. The two walked towards the alley following the sound. Soon the cries got louder and there nestled in the ground of the alley was a box but what the box contained shocked the married couple.

It was a baby that looked around three months old laying in the box the only source keeping him warm was the blue blanket wrapped around him. Without a second thought, Applejack scooped up the baby and cradled him in her arms, while Dash looked around trying to find his mother or anything that she left behind but couldn't find anything before turning her attention back to her wife and the baby.

But there was something that Applejack noticed. "He looks just like us," she whispered, before Dash looked at him and noticed that he did in fact almost resemble the both of them, having rainbow-colored hair, magenta eyes, and the same skin color and freckles as Applejack. Rainbow nodded, a mixture of emotions swirling in her head. "He needs us, we can't just leave him here," Dash said as Applejack nodded in agreement before the three of them headed to Dash's car heading home not before making a quick stop at a nearby shop to get some baby formula and some other necessities a baby might need.

Back at their cozy home, Applejack cradled the baby in her arms while Rainbow Dash prepared a bottle. "Here," She said offering Aj the bottle she took it and gave it to baby as he started drinking it. "What do we do now?" Dash said asked. "I have no idea for now let's just get some rest and tomorrow we'll start searching for its mom," Applejack said as Dash nodded. "I think we're going to need some help, I could tell the girls to meet us tomorrow," Dash offered as Applejack nodded before Rainbow pulled out her phone and started messaging their friends in the group chat.

"What happens if we don't find its mom?" Applejack asked causing Rainbow to stop messaging their friends. "Then... maybe you and I could adopt him I mean we've been talking about wanting to start a family together," Dash said wrapping her arm around Aj's waist and bringing her close as she kissed the top of her head. "You really wanna start a family and adopt him?" Applejack said softly. "Yeah, that's if you want to as well?" Dash asked softly as Applejack smiled leaning her head against Rainbow's chest and cradling the baby. "I would like nothing more." She whispered smiling as Dash smiled and held her wife and the baby close.

The next day, Applejack was waiting for her friends to arrive. Meanwhile, Dash was busy changing the baby. Applejack heard a knock on the door and went to answer it. She saw that Sunset and Twilight were the first to arrive. "Hey, Applejack," greeted Sunset, while Twilight hugged Applejack. "Hey guys, sorry for asking you all to come here," said Applejack. "It's fine. Sunset and I were just going to stay at home and watch movies together," said Twilight, as Sunset wrapped an arm around her shoulders and kissed her cheek.