Valentine's Day

Flashback February 14, 2007

"Alright class for the rest of the time we have you can give out the treats and sweets you brought for your friends and classmates for Valentine's Day." Rainbow Dash's teacher said. A nine-year-old Dash eagerly went through her bag full of goodie bags and started giving the goodie bags she made to all her classmates. "Here Fluttershy, Sunset, Rarity, Twilight, and Pinkie!" Rainbow exclaimed giving her last six goodie bags for her best friends. "Thanks, Dashie!" Pinkie exclaimed taking the goodie bag and handing Rainbow a red velvet cupcake.

"Ooh, thanks Pinkie," Dash said placing it on her table as her friends placed the candy bag that they made for her on Rainbow's table. "Do you think the new kid will get something?" Twilight asked. Rainbow turned and looked at another table to see the new girl who had blonde hair, freckles, and green eyes and was wearing a stetson and sitting by herself. "I don't think so, Darling. All our classmates weren't expecting a new student so they only got enough for the number of students we had before she joined." Rarity said. Dash looked at the girl who was sitting by herself and was saddened that everyone was eating sweets and talking to their friends.

Rainbow looking at empathy at the girl with empathy. She then looked at the cupcake Pinkie gave her before grabbing it and standing up before walking to the girl. "Hey," Dash said softly to the girl who looked at her in shock. "Uh hi?" She asked confused. "I'm Rainbow Dash!" Rainbow said offering a warm smile as the girl blushed before smiling. "I'm Applejack." She said. "That's a nice name," Dash said complementing her name before placing the cupcake on Applejack's table. "Here I noticed you never got anything from our classmates so I'd like you to have this," Rainbow said.

"Really?" Applejack asked as Dash nodded. AJ accepted the gift and took a bite out of it as Rainbow sat next to her in the empty seat. " You know, You're the first person. Who's got me something for Valentine's Day." Applejack said softly. "Really no one gave you a Valentine's gift or goodie bag at your old school?" Rainbow asked causing Aj to shake her head. "I was bullied by my classmates in my old school. I never got anything for Valentine's Day."Applejack said causing her to be sad.

Rainbow thought about what she said before coming up with an idea. "How about this whenever Valentine's Day happens I will always get you something that way you'll never feel left out again," Dash said offering her hand and making a pinkie promise. Applejack smiled "And I'll always get you something on Valentine's Day as a way of thanks." and accepted the pinkie promise as that day would mark the start of a friendship between Rainbow and Applejack.

Time skip 8 years later

As promised every Valentine's Day Dash and Applejack would get something for one another and they continued doing it even till their second year of high school. "So what are you gonna get for Applejack this year?" Sunset asked Dash as they were in History class together. "I don't know!"Rainbow said. Normally giving something to Applejack on Valentine's Day wouldn't be a big deal. If she hadn't developed feelings for the other girl. "Relax you still have a week to think what you wanna give her," Sunset reassured. "Easy for you to say you're giving your girlfriend a basket of things and sweets she likes," Rainbow said. "Yeah but that's different me and Twilight are together you and Applejack are not together...yet," Sunset said.

Suddenly the bell rang and Dash and Sunset packed up their belongings and headed to their school's lunchroom since they had lunch with all their friends. "Hey guys!" Pinkie said excitedly as she saw Sunset and Rainbow walking into the lunchroom as she was sitting with Fluttershy at their table. "Hey, Pinkie," Rainbow said sadly. "What's wrong Rainbow Dash?" Fluttershy asked. "I don't know what to give Applejack for Valentine's Day! I'm out of ideas!"Dash said frustrated. "Well, I'm giving Rarity a charm bracelet and a beautiful sweater. Maybe you can give her something like that." Fluttershy said softly giving Dash an idea by telling her what she's getting for her girlfriend. "The thing is Dash wants to get a gift to show her love for Applejack." Sunset said.