Messing with the past pt.3

"Ring" Canterlot High School bell rang. Blaze was walking with Dash, Sunset, Pinkie, and Fluttershy. "Uh finally school is over," Rainbow said stretching her arms. "Don't you have soccer practice today?" Sunset asked. Rainbow Dash's eyes widened as she smacked her forehead. "Right, I forgot." She scolded herself. "Silly Dashie how else are you gonna be able to join the Wonderbolts soccer team," Pinkie said.

"Wonderbolts soccer team?" Blaze muttered. "Oh yes, it's been Dash's longtime dream to be a part of the team and go all pro," Fluttershy said softly. "Yup, and I've been working nonstop to achieve my goal," Rainbow said. 'She wanted to be a part of the Wonderbolts soccer team but I guess since Mama Applejack was struggling with the barn she didn't wanna be far away from her so she stayed to help Aj and that's why she works at a gym. She gave up her dream for Mama AJ. WAIT MAMA AJ.' Blaze thought remembering she had to convince her to ask Dash to the dance.

"Well See you guys I gotta head to the fields and start practice," Rainbow said waving and heading to the fields. "Uh, actually guys I gotta go to I have somewhere I need to be," Blaze said running through the halls to find his mama Aj. "If I was Mama Aj and her friends where would I be," Blaze muttered before exiting the school and looking around before spotting the three teenage versions of Mama AJ, Aunt Rarity, and Aunt Twilight talking about the dance.

'Okay, Blaze you got this just be careful and be calm.' He thought to himself before walking towards them as Twilight noticed him. "Oh hey there, I don't think we've seen you around here before," Twilight said. "Yeah, I'm new to the school, not the area I'm Blaze. I couldn't help but hear you three talking about the dance." He said. "We'll welcome Blaze I'm Twilight, that's Rarity and Applejack and yeah we were talking about the dance." She said. "We're trying to convince Twilight to ask out her crush Sunset to the dance," Applejack said. "I can't what if she doesn't like me and I make a fool of myself," Twilight said panicking.

"Darling, I've seen the way she looks at you she definitely does like you." Rarity said as she and Twilight went back and forth regarding Twilight asking Sunset to the dance. "So uh Applejack who are you gonna go to the dance with? If Twilight does ask Sunset and Rarity has her boyfriend Blueblood." Blaze said.

Applejack shrugged her shoulders as she didn't have an answer. "Oh, I haven't really thought of that." She said. 'Perfect' Blaze thought. "Well, I think I know someone who would make a great dance partner for you." He said causing Applejack to be intrigued. "Who's that?" She asked. "Rainbow Dash," Blaze blurted out,

"Rainbow Dash?" Applejack echoed, her eyebrows shooting up in surprise. "Yeah, she's in the same year as you and has long rainbow hair," Blaze said. "She's the captain/ star player for all the girls' sports teams. And she's a very close friend to Sunset."  Rarity said giving Twilight a smirk. "Yeah and she told me she'd be interested in going to the under-the-sea dance with you if you made the first move and asked her first," Blaze said.

"She did, huh?" Applejack asked, a hint of a smile tugging at her lips as her cheeks lightly flushed. "Shoot, can't hurt to give it a try...I'll do it then I'll ask her to the dance." She said as Blaze smiled his plan was going through. "That sounds like a great idea!" Twilight said giving Applejack her support to ask Dash to the dance as Rarity nodded in agreement. "Indeed! It's settled then. Applejack, you will ask Rainbow Dash to the dance!" She exclaimed excitedly. "You could do it right now she's on the fields with the soccer team practicing or after she's done practicing," Blaze recommended.

"Thanks, Blaze," AJ said. "Don't mention it. Hope everything goes well with asking Rainbow I gotta go my...aunt is working on a...on a project that she needs my help with." He semi lied waving goodbye and heading to where Aunt Twilight workshop is.

At Twilight's Workshop

"Aunt Twilight how's it going with the time travel device?" Blaze asked as he entered the workshop to see Aunt Twilight carefully fixing the pocket watch. "It's going good. Based on the progress it's going well and should be ready to go by the 25th. " Twilight said showing him how the progress was going.

"Great!...wait the 25th that's the day of the under the sea dance. I have to make sure that my moms do fall in love so that me and my siblings can be born." Blaze said. "Don't worry Blaze we'll leave at night that way no one suspects a thing and so you can make sure your moms do fall in love. But on the topic of your moms, how's the progress going?" Twilight asked.

"It's going good I had just convinced Mama Applejack to ask Rainbow Dash to the dance but I'm not sure if she did," Blaze said looking at his photo to see that Jesse was no longer in the picture and his sister's head had started to disappear. "I hope she did." He muttered to himself.

Meanwhile back at Canterlot High

Applejack was walking to the field as Blaze had told her that to find Rainbow Dash she'd be on the field practicing and he was right as she saw the rainbow-haired girl kicking soccer balls and doing drills with her team. She sat down on the bleachers waiting for their practice to end.

Suddenly one of Dash's teammates overshot the ball toward the bleachers. "Oops watch out!" The girl warned as Applejack used her arms to shield herself from the ball. But the ball didn't hit her she lowered her arms to see the girl she was gonna ask to dance in front of her. The ball then hit Rainbow on her chest and as the ball almost hit the ground she used her legs to keep the ball up in the air to balance it before letting it fall to near the ground and kicking it back to her teammate. "Careful!" Dash yelled out as the girl nodded getting the ball back.

"You okay?" Rainbow asked turning toward Applejack. "Y-yeah I'm fine. Thanks." AJ said. "Don't mention it. I'm Rainbow Dash." She said. "Applejack...actually I came here to ask you something," Applejack said. "Oh sure, what is it? Or what can I do for you?" Rainbow said offering a warm smile. "Well I heard you were going to the Under the Sea dance and I was w-wondering if you wo-would wanna come with me to the dance," Aj said stuttering,

Dash's eyes widened in surprise a small blush creeping in as she remembered what Blaze had said the other day. 'Think about it, Dash. You and Applejack have a connection, even if you haven't realized it yet. Trust me.' She remembered before softly smiling and looking at Aj. "S-sure I'd love to go with Applejack," Rainbow said smiling taking the advice Blaze told her. "Great uh I'll talk to you more about it later, good luck with practice," Applejack said waving goodbye and smiling as Dash waved back softly smiling. "Well, what do you know Blaze was right." Rainbow and Applejack muttered to themselves as Dash went back to practice and Aj went home for the day.