CHAPTER 23: A token of genuine feeling

HEYY GUYSS!!

HERE WITH THE NEW CHAPTER!!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!! IT REALLY MEANS A LOTT!!

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!

LOVE YA'LL!

HAPPY READING!!

________________________________________________________________________________

ISHAAN'S POV:

Right now, i am looking at her face as she's sleeping on my shoulder. She looks so calm and trouble free. She has a small smile on her face, maybe she's dreaming about something good. She looks beautiful. I still remember how she made me fall asleep like a kid last night. That was the first time after so many years was i able to have a good sleep. I've tried many medicines, changed many doctors, done many mental exercises, homeopathy, ayurveda everything! Not even one single thing helped me get a peaceful sleep. But all i need to fall asleep was her soothing voice and her continuous patting on my head. A small smile appeared on my face as well as i saw her sleeping peacefully with a smile on her face and releasing small cute snores.

She also told she would help me with my assignment which is really really important to me. Now that I think about it, It wasn't her fault all along, any person would get angry if i speak non sense about their country. The problem is, I don't have problem with india as a whole country, Its just that the worst of my memories include this place. This is where my mumma died. This is where i saw her lying dead in front of me and I couldn't do anything but cry.

I shrugged off the bad memories and decided to concentrate on the future. I felt her moving her head in discomfort. I think the sun rays might be troubling her, so i just took a jacket out of my back pack and placed it over the window like a curtain, making sure i didn't move too much and she was asleep. She's a heavy sleeper though. I was admiring her face when a stray strand of her hair fell over her face and blocked my view. I gently tucked the strand behind her ear to admire her more but the bus suddenly stopped with a jerk making us all jerk forward with it. I protectively wrapped my arms around her head before it could hit the seat in front and get hurt. 
I removed my hands after the bus came to a complete halt.

ISHAAN: are you fine?

SAMAIRA: yeah i am fine. Thank you.

ISHAAN: no problem. So where are we now?

she just looked out of the window and a wide smile spread across her face. That smile, its really really addicting. I could watch her smile continuously with no other thoughts in my head. Stop acting like a high school kid ishaan! get a grip!

SAMAIRA: Well, gentleman, I welcome you to the pride of karnataka, MYSORE.

ISHAAN: is it really that beautiful? 

SAMAIRA: ohh you have no idea! we'll stay here till night and then leave. I'll show you all the places here and you yourself will start taking pride over it. 

ISHAAN: we will see about that.

SAMAIRA: sure! OKAYY GUYSS WE'VE REACHED OUR FIRST DESTINATION, THE BREAKFAST WILL BE GIVEN TO US IN THE BUS IN 20 MORE MINUTES AND AFTER HAVING THE BREAKFAST WE'LL LEAVE FOR THE MUSIC WORKSHOP. THE WORKSHOP IS FOR 3 HOURS. AFTER THAT YOU'RE FREE TO EXPLORE. BUT MAKE SURE THAT YOU'RE BACK BY 9:00 AS THE BUS WILL LEAVE FOR THE NEXT DESTINATION AT 9:30 SHARP. IF ANYONE IS LEFT BEHIND WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE. THE LUNCH WILL BE GIVEN AT 1:30 PM IN THE VERY GARDEN BEHIND THE HALL WHERE THE WORKSHOP IS BEING HELD! YOU'LL MISS THE LUNCH IF YOU ARE LATE. AM I CLEAR?!

ALL: yess chief!

SAMAIRA: ok then! that's it.

after that we all had our breakfast and went out of the bus inside the hall for the music workshop. Well, one thing that cannot be proved wrong. INDIAN FOOD IS ABSOLUTE COMFORT!
the breakfast is already making me feel soo good!

As said, the workshop took place for three hours, in which we learnt about different music styles, with main focus being on carnatic music. We also got to watch a performance which was apparently karnataka's traditional theatre. Samaira told me it's called yakshagana and It was a feast for the eyes to watch it. The expressions on the faces of the artists while be beautifully spoke their dailouges and their graceful moves left me in aww. Damn i really underestimated this culture. As an artist i was totally mesmerized. The workshop ended at 9:30 am and we were allowed to explore. I felt someone tapping my back and i turned around to find samaira. She was smiling at me which automatically brought a smile on my face. 

SAMAIRA: shall we go??

ISHAAN: where to?

SAMAIRA: remember we need to work on your assignment? I'll take you to places which will mesmerize you.

ISHAAN: but where exactly are we going?

SAMAIRA: you'll know that soon.

saying this she held my hand and dragged me somewhere. From there we took an auto and she spoke something in the native language to the auto driver which completely went above my head. Damn i'll have to learn the language.

Soon we reached a place and i read a board saying, KRS DAM AND BRINDAVAN GARDENS.

SAMAIRA: this is the famous KRS DAM built by sir M. Visvesvaraya. Well you know, science also is important when you're accounting for a country being your inspiration and this is a total gamble piece for your assignment. There is a garden too which looks absolutely beautiful at night, but we have somewhere else to go during the night so just soak in the beauty in the daylight.

i just nodded at her and started following her as she showed me around and told everything about the dam and the scientist who invented. INDIANS ARE FREAKING INTELLIGENT MAN! 

We explored the dam for a bit more and came out where we found few more people from our music club. They saw us and started coming towards us. I didn't want them to come to us. I wanted to explore it alone with her. Yeah i know its absurd but it is what it is. 

GIRL: hey guyss!! heyy captain there's a fair going on near by, we're planning to visit it. Shall we go together.

Samaira look towards me asking if i was okay with going with them, but she really looked like she wanted to go and i didn't have the heart to refuse her so i nodded and went along with them.

SAMAIRA: *gasp* wow!

ISHAAN: what happened?

SAMAIRA: that pair of jhumka, they're so beautiful-

GIRL: ohh my godd chieff!! i was looking for something like this for soo long!! If you don't mind then can i buy it for myself?

SAMAIRA: y-yeah sure!

she had a fake smile on her face and anyone could tell she was sad. I couldn't see her sad. She really wanted those. I was thinking about different ways to bring those ear rings for her but then i was interrupted.

SAMAIRA: we should leave, its 12:30 and the lunch will be given at 1:30, we'll miss it.

ISHAAN: ughh you guys go ahead, i'll be back. I need to explore a few more things.

she frowned at me.

SAMAIRA: are you sure? if you want i can stay with you-

ISHAAN: no no! you can go..! i'll come back soo! i promise.

she gave a doubtful and finally went away.