CHAPTER 52: D-DAY: dreams as well as love

HEYYYAAA PEOPLE!!

MISSED ME?? I MISSED YOU GUYS!!

SOO FINALLY HERE WITH THE NEXT CHAPTER!!

AND LYTHYA'S STORY IS GONNA RESUME ASAP!! SOO ALL THE LYTHYA FANS HERE GEAR UP FOR THE CONTINUOUS UPDATES ON LYTHYA!

ALSOO PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!

LOVE YA'LL!

HAPPY READING!

________________________________________________________________________________

ISHAAN POV:

The past week has been too hectic as we were on a continuous loop of rehersals. The time went by so soon that I still wasn't able to believe my dream was just a day away from me. My dream which I had ever since mom left me and my life took a turn and my dream which I had since I've entered india for my studies. One of the dreams would prove to everyone about what Ishaan kashyap was capable of doing and the other one would complete my empty soul and make me the luckiest man alive. Yes, it was her, my foxy. I want to pursue her like a dream, irrespective of whether she accepts to be with me or not. I wanted to treat her the same way as if I was trying hard to make her fall for me. I didn't want her to be mine, I wanted to be hers. I wanted to dedicate myself to her. All my life, the people who were supposed to love me, who were supposed to be with me, who were supposed to support me, who were so called blood related to me, never understood my worth neither did they try to decipher my emotions. But it took her just a few months to understand the whole of me. Her presence is enough to make me feel at peace and to anchor my wandering thoughts. Just a look at her face and I am ready to bare myself in front of her, all my insecurities, all my shortcomings, all of me.

They say love makes you feel all the beautiful things in this world. True that. You do feel weird tingling sensations that rather make you excited, your heart beat races when you are close to that person. The world seems to be a better place just because they exist and your urge to live intensifies just to spend a day more with them. But after seeing what my mother had to go through, I had completely changed my thoughts. My parents were a total dream couple. I had seen them being lovey with each other, dad used to bring flowers for her and mom used to massage his head whenever he felt tired. They both fit so perfectly together. I was too young when I had witnessed all of that but sometimes emotions are soo strong that the people around you are able to absorb them. And I could totally sense the love they had for each other and I absorbed it too even thought I didn't know what love was at such a young age. But what happened later on broke me. I was shattered into pieces. The people who set the example of love for me, they had completely shattered. Their relationship was no more similar to the old one. And when I saw my mom lifeless, at that very moment I had decided not to fall in love. Leading an emotionless life was much better than taking your life for emotions.

But all of that changed when she entered in my life. I felt all those things that people claimed to feel when they were in love. It felt like I found a new motive to live, to work hard and to be a better version of myself. I tried to stop myself saying this would just cause me pain but I couldn't stop myself from falling for her. It felt as if it was involuntary, and not even at a single moment of this duration had it felt it was wrong. I was falling for her and It felt as if this was the best thing that could ever happen to me. And when I decided that I was completely head over heals for her, I had decided I was ready to take any pain for her. I would put all my effort to make her agree and I don't even want to think twice about it. I would fight against anyone in this world just to be by her side and take care of her. She's been taking care of me from so much time and today, I pledge to take care of her as well till my last breath. I will make sure to provide her happiness with all I have in me and I'll try to become like anything and anyone if it gives her happiness.

Well, for all of that, she has to accept and reciprocate my feelings, which I am going to confess today, after the band-war. FOCUS ISHAAN FOCUS! The best part about today's performance was that she was going to be beside me, taking part with me in turning the biggest dream of my life into reality. And if this isn't 'together through all thick and thins', I don't know what is. I have a tiny little but beautiful confession planned for her which you all will see later on, but right now, I had to focus more on doing my best in the contest. Because if you do your best, you're already half way towards the victory, and If I win tomorrow and she accepts my feelings as well, then it's going to be the best day of my life.

With all these thoughts roaming in my mind, I eventually closed my eyes and fell into deep slumber. Whatever was going to happen tomorrow, awaits me.

TIME SKIP

NEXT DAY AT THE BAND-WAR

SAMAIRA'S POV:

Finally, it was here. The biggest day of his life and now, mine as well. Because I was equally involved in all of this as much as he was. Not just by my work but by my emotions as well. After learning about his true personality and what he had gone through as a child, I knew it that I was going to treat him like a prince, pamper him with all the love that he deserves, spoil him like a kid and guide him whenever he was going in the wrong direction as well. Because now I just wasn't any common friend or aquaintance of his, I was much more than that, and I could feel it. But today was all about him, though all of us would have our own important contributions in this, but he was meant to stand out today. I will make sure he does.

The most risky thing I did today, was to invite his dad. Well no matter what an ass person he was, but he was still his father. Any father would love to know what is going on with their kid and I thought that if he had even a little bit of humanity left in him, he would come to see Ishaan perform. And I lowkey wanted him to witness the victory of his son with his own eyes, to make him realize what a gem he's on the verge of losing. I want to give him that 'I told you' look when ishaan wins. But for all of that to happen, we had to win. And to win, we all need to be here on the backstage, together. And where the fuck was everyone?

SAMAIRA: Kashi!! where the hell is everyone else??!! don't they get the seriousness of the moment?? what the hell-

KASHI: chief! chill!! they're all around here!! calm down! we have like two more hours before we perform.

SAMAIRA: exactly! just two more hours!

TANISHK: what's happeneing?

SAMAIRA: I am planning your funeral with the rest of the people dumbass!

ABHIMANYU: ohh so sad. I know you won't kill me chief! I am such a cute human being! you can kill the rest of them!! btw what will be the menu for the funeral?

I looked at him in disbelief! are these people even grown ups?

TANMAY: tchtchtch kids these days..

SAMAIRA: and where were you huh? I thought you were sensible atleast. Where were you lost?

TANMAY: geez chill woman. It was your kashyap that asked us to help with some cheesy stuff-

Kashi slapped his mouth and shut it with her palm to stop him from speaking further. Okay.. this is hella fishy.

SAMAIRA: what stuff?

KASHI: *awkward smile* no stuff chief. He's blabbering because of nervousness.

SAMAIRA: yeah exactly. Now move your hand from his mouth and let him speak-

ISHAAN: wassup guys? what's going on?

SAMAIRA: oh helloo mr. do you have any time sense??!! is this how you're going to behave on one of the most important days of your life? don't you understand the seriousness behind the situation-

I was immediately cut off when someone from back closed my eyes with their palms and yet another palm was closing my mouth, preventing me from speaking further. Who the hell has 3 hands?

SAMAIRA: who the hell is this?

??: I am the super powerful human being sent by god to save these innocent souls from your wrath.

Yeah sure, we all know who this was.

SAMAIRA: shut up aditi! and how tf did you grow another hand?

AAYAT: bish that hand's mine.

AARNA: I wanted to put my hand somewhere as well, but uh, its okay I guess.

SAMAIRA: what are you guys doing here?

AAYAT: ofc to watch you guys perform duh. And all also to wish ishaan all the best. I know it man, you'll rock it.

ISHAAN: *wide grin* thankkk youu!!

SAMAIRA: how come you three are alone here? where are those men of yours? aren't you guys like stuck to each other?

ADITI: they're in the audience. Waiting for us. We just came to cheer you people.

ISHAAN: thank you so much guys, it means a lot really.

AAYAT: nahh no need of thanks.

ISHAAN: that's so sweet of you-

AAYAT: get me chocolates instead.

ISHAAN: oh. uhh yeah sure.

SAMAIRA, AARNA, ADITI: typical aayat!

We all burst out laughing on his shocked face. He didn't know what my friends are yet, but I can tell they're getting along. And I couldn't be anymore happier.

AAYAT: ok, the performances are about to start and we'll have to leave. all the best people! you own the stage! set it on firee!!!

ADITI: yess!! you guys are already winners according to me.

AARNA: go people goo!!

With that, they all left us to prepare ourselves mentally. Ours was the 3rd performance and we had some time. We were all sitting in a circle and I was sitting beside ishaan as usual. Everyone was engaging in random conversations and ishaan was utterly silent. Just giving short replies whenever asked and I knew the reason behind it. I slowly took his hand in mine to stop it from shivering and he looked at me. My eyes softened when they witnessed his pale nervous face.

SAMAIRA: heyy.. don't be nervous. Look at how far we've come. When you came here initially, you didn't have any friends. In fact we kind of hated each other. But look at us now. All set and prepared for such a big competition and that too as a team. Look at all these people around you, they love you for what you are and that's the reason why all of them are here to support you. You have everyone with you ishaan. You have me with you as well.

He smiled a little and pressed my hand in a reassuring manner.

ISHAAN: yes, I have all of you with me and I know I'll do my best.

STAFF: next team? mr. ishaan kashyap and team? get ready, you guys are the next.

ISHAAN: *deep sigh* we're here.

Ok, this was it, this was the moment.

SAMAIRA: ok guys, its finally time. I want you guys to know that, no matter we win or lose, all we have to do is put our heart and soul into our performance and enjoy it. Because if we enjoy what we're presenting, the spectators will enjoy it as well. No matter what are the results, You guys are already winners. Get it?

KASHI: yes chief!

TANISHK and ABHIMANYU: yes chief we'll set the stage on fire!

TANMAY: yeah we'll do our best.

I slowly turned towards Ishaan to look at him and though he looked nervous, he was composed and confident and I was proud to see him like that. I held his hand again and slowly muttered in his ear.

SAMAIRA: let's do it, mr. kashyap.

ISHAAN: all set, foxy.

With that, we entered the stage and took our places. The judges right in front of us and the audience bursting in cheers. I scanned through the crowd and found my best friends at the very first row standing and cheering for us. They were always there. No matter what, always.

I closed my eyes for a few seconds and inhaled a deep breath. This was it. Let's start.