CHAPTER 38: claim my rights

HAPPY 2024 YA'LL!!

HOPE THIS YEAR BRINGS A LOT OF SMILES AND ALMOST NO TEARS TO YOUR FACE!!

KEEP SMILING!!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!

KEEP VOTING!

LOVE YA'LL!!

HAPPY READING!

________________________________________________________________________________

AAYAT'S POV:

Noori. He called me noori because he thinks i brought light into his dark life. I couldn't explain how happy I was that he took the initiative to perform the rituals with me. This showed his interest in this marriage. This showed his interest in me. I couldn't be any more happier than this. At first, I had lost hope. But then, as if it was magic, everything suddenly changed and I was loving each and every moment of life here in aligarh. I was very happy, until now.

This bitch I swear to god..! Why the hell does she try to claim my husband?? doesn't she have shame?? the audacity she has to want to perform ritual with my freaking husband?? and this dumbhead silent?! He's not even refusing her and he's just gazing at me with nervous eyes. I just glared at him and averted my eyes away from him.

ALIYA: hayee kya besharam aurat hai yaar yeh. Bhabi, mai toh kehti hu aap hi kuch kijiye. Warna bhai toh muh bhi nahi kholrahe.

(damn what a shameless woman she is. bhabi, i suggest you take a step on your own now. or else bhai isn't even opening his mouth.)

AAYAT: dekhti toh mai hu inn dono ko. Aane do tumhaare bhai ko mere paas. bade aaye noori noori karne waale.

(i'll take care of these both. Let your bhai come to me, huh all he does is call me noori.)

BADI DAADI: no zoya. there's no such ritual. and its better if you maintain distance from asim now. you guys are not kids anymore and he's married. I hope you keep my words and implement them.

ZOYA: But dadi-

ASIM: yes dadi, you're absolutely right.

She just looked at my husband with eyes filled with disbelief and he was looking at me with hopeful eyes. Not so easy shohar. I ain't letting you off so easily this time. I gave him a cold look and it was visible on his face how stressed he was. Let's see how you convince me dear husband.

BADI DAADI: ok so now about the next ritual, in this the wives are going to prepare laddoos for everyone in the family while their husbands are going to sit beside them and keep fanning them continuously, wipe their sweat, make them drink water with their hands if they're thirsty and in short they're going to help and support their wives. this is to show that no matter what work it is, if cooking or cleaning or whatever it is, it's a husband duty to help his wife. A marriage works with equality and effort and it needs to be mutual. Ok so now aayat and rehmat you both can go to the kitchen and start the preparation, i'll send these guys in in a bit.

Me and di both went in the kitchen while speaking about random things.

REHMAT: whatever you say aayat, zoya won't stop sticking to your husband. And your husband can't stop looking at you. What a love angle. By the way, don't stay angry at bhai for too long. He can't stay without you, its too evident now. *chuckle*

I just had a small smile on my face. I wasn't angry on him to be honest but I was jealous i won't lie. If someone else tries to get close to my husband then its natural for me to get jealous. And I loved it when he tries to make it up to me. Not much but i'll trouble him atleast a little.

With that both me and di sat down on the floor of kitchen which was covered with carpet with the mixture to prepare the laddoos and both our husbands entered the kitchen. Zain bhai came and sat in front of me and asked.

ZAIN: aayat kya plan hai bhai ko torcher karne ka? help chahiye ho toh batana unke chehre pe expressions dekh ke maza aata hai.

(aayat what's the plan for torchering bhai? if you need any help then please tell me. It's exciting to see these expressions on his face.)

I was just giggling at him while my husband just pushed him aside and sat in front of me.

ASIM: apni biwi ke paas jaa naa. Meri waali ko mai handle karlunga. Sab aajate hai bane banaye rishte mei aag lagane.

(go to your wife, I'll handle mine. Everyone tries to break off my well maintained relationship.)

With that he turned towards me and gave me a nervous smile.

ASIM: Noori-

AAYAT: what noori huh? abb rasme nahi karni aapko?? bada yaad agaya aapko ki mai bhi hu idhar.

(you don't want to perform rituals now huh? now you realized that I am very much present here as well.)

ASIM: noori aise naraaz matt raho yaar. Baat karlo.

(noori don't stay upset like this. Atleast talk to me.)

AAYAT: kyun? mai kyu baat karun? aap jaaiye naa uss zoya ke paas. Bina thake baat karegi aapse.

(why? why should i speak to you? you go to that zoya no, she'll speak to you without even getting tired.)

ASIM: lekin biwi toh tum ho na meri.

(but you're my wife, not her.)

AAYAT: kyun? pachtaarahe hain? usko banana chahte the aap biwi?

(why? are you regretting now? you wanted her to be your wife?)

ASIM: I can't even imagine anyone else at your place noori. *frown*

AAYAT: then why don't you tell this in front of her? Than i am the only one who can claim you as mine.

ASIM: *smirk* well if you can claim me as yours in private, then why don't you do that in front of her?

AAYAT: don't even challenge me aman. You don't know me yet. I will pull you by your collar and claim you as mine and trust me, I won't even hesitate a bit.

ASIM: possessive much?

AAYAT: hakk se mr. shohar. Now move aside and let me do my work if you're not going to help.

ASIM: Ofcourse I am here to help. The whole point of this ritual lies in me helping you.

After telling that he started moving a hand fan in front of my face which prevented my forehead from sweating. He was looking at me with so much love in his eyes that I couldn't help but to smile a little. It's been 20 mins since he's started fanning me and he hasn't even stopped for a second.

AAYAT: aman, stop. You're hands might be hurting.

ASIM: Trust me noori, I can sit here and keep fanning you throughout my entire life and keep watching you without blinking my eyes and I won't even get tired.

AAYAT: bas kijiye, sharam aarahi hai mujhe

(stop now, I am shy.)

ASIM: them what about you claiming me huh? *teasing*

AAYAT: that's a whole different scenario. And I am still true to my words. I won't hesitate before doing that.

ASIM: well then, I can't wait to be claimed by you.

Our this little moment was interrupted by that chipkali again.

AAYAT: chipkali kahinki.

I saw him chuckling a bit while i just continued my work.

ZOYA: asimm!! what are you doing here? Come on lets go on a walk. They can take care of the kitchen.

ASIM: well you see zoya, MY WIFE here is doing something that is much more useful and I would prefer to be here rather than wandering here and there. And you know what? even if she was doing something completely useless, I would still prefer to be with her.

I couldn't stop my laugh as I saw her mouth opened wide and her eyes almost coming out of their sockets. Good reply husband.

ASIM: did that make you happy, begum jaan?

AAYAT: Not bad, shohar.

We both just chuckled and continued with our work and after 30 more mins we both were done. I could tell by the way he was stretching his hands that they were hurting. In these total 45 minutes of making laddoos, he didn't even stop fanning me for a second.

AAYAT: you're hands are hurting. Don't even try to refuse it. It's clearly visible.

ASIM: this pain is nothing in front of the happiness I get while just looking at you.

AAYAT: can you be practical for once?

ASIM: well, I am serious tho.

AAYAT: yeah whatever.

With that we distributed the laddoos to everyone and enjoyed our time together in the garden. Daadi had called for girls who apply mehndi just to make the environment more lively and I couldn't me anymore happier. I loved applying henna on my hands.

We all sat down in the garden with pillows to support us while the artists started their work. I had chosen a simple yet detailed design because I loved the intricate designs. They just make your hand look even more beautiful and attractive. I was now sitting for 30 mins at a stretch and it was 8:30 pm already. I was hella hungry but i didn't have any choice. If baba would be here then he would've fed me. I missed baba a lot. And now that my husband gives me his attention and time, I could see it clearly why baba insisted me to marry him. Baba was always right when it came to my life. I was lost in my own thoughts when I felt someone sitting beside me.

I turned my head towards the side only to see my husband there with a plate of food and a glass of water.

ASIM: its late. you might be hungry. I'll feed you so don't worry.

I just gave him a wide smile and nodded my head.

ASIM: waise.. mere naam ki mehndi lagwarahi ho na?

(by the way.. you're applying the henna with my name right?)

AAYAT: aap bataiye, agar aapka naam dhundenge mere haathon mei toh aapka naam bhi chupaalenge.

(You tell me, if you'll look for your name in my hands then i'll hide it there.)

ASIM: i can do that in a few moments noori.

AAYAT: well then we'll see.

He kept feeding me and himself as well by alternating the bites. I can't tell you how much I love this man. Yes I fell for him. And I know that he fell for me too. I am just waiting for him to realize his feelings and be confident enough to confess to me. If he doesn't, then i'll confess. At the end, we both know that we were meant to be. When he went away with the empty plate, I asked the artist to hide his name inside a heart which was to be drawn on my palm. I asked her to hide it properly. What was the fun if I made the things easy.

TIME SKIP

10 PM IN THE BEDROOM.

I already removed the henna from my hands and it was already soo dark. Well, the love is too deep i think mr. asim aman. I was just admiring my hands when I heard him entering in the room and shutting the door behind him.

ASIM: soo, Is my name there?

AAYAT: *smirk* let's see if you can find it.

ASIM: I love challenges, begum jaan. Bring it on.

I placed my hands in his hands as he sat in front of me on the bed. He just took 45 seconds to look for the name.

ASIM: here, found it. inside the heart on your palm. AMAN.

AAYAT: that's cheating! how did you find it soo fast??

ASIM: well, it wasn't that difficult you know, I know my name is engraved on your heart.

I just looked down being shy while he pecked both my palms and interwined his hands with mine. I lifted my eyes up to gaze at him and I could clearly see it in his eyes. His love for me. I knew it now. That I was with the person with whom i was meant to be.

I observed his shoulders were stiff and realized that he had kept fanning me for a very long time today without even resting his hands for a bit.

I frowned a little and decided that he needed an oil massage.

AAYAT: remove your kurta.

ASIM: *teasing* I know its not wrong, but don't you think its a bit too early, noori?

AAYAT: *sarcastic smile* yeah sure. now take it off.

He listened to me like a good kid and removed his kurta while I came out with a massaging oil from the bathroom.

I asked him to sit down to which he obliged and I sat behind him on the bed and applied oil on his shoulders.

I started massaging his shoulders first and then moved my hands downwards towards his biceps that were damn huge. I could feel him relax as he leaned back to place his head on my lap.

ASIM: why are you troubling yourself noori? I am alright.

AAYAT: if you can bear pain for me without any hesitation, then I can stay up the whole night to relieve that pain without being troubled.

I could see a small smile plastered on his face while I kept massaging his biceps and shoulders.

ASIM: noori, can you massage my head to please?

AAYAT: sure..!

I gave him a good head massage as well when I felt he was getting sleepy.

ASIM: aman, get on the bed, you're sleepy. I'll keep this oil and be back.

I felt him getting on the bed from the floor as I went to keep the oil inside and when I returned, I found him sitting like a baby on the bed waiting for me.

AAYAT: still awake?

ASIM: can't sleep without you.

He held my wrist and pulled me on the bed and made me lie down. He placed his head over my chest and let out a satisfied sigh while I kept brushing my fingers through his hair. He hugged me tighter and I hugged him back as we both drifted off to our dream lands.

This is where I've wanted to be all my life. With him. My peace, My comfort zone, My protector, MY AMAN.

________________________________________________________________________________

END OF THE CHAPTER~~!

HOPE YA'LL LIKED ITT!!

KEEP VOTING GUYS!

LOVE YA'LL!

BBYEE