CHAPTER 28: your smile makes me smile too

HEYYAAA PEOPLE~~!!

HERE WITH THE NEXT CHAPTERR!!!

OK SO I WANT TO TELL YOU GUYS THAT ONCE WE REACH 2.5K READS I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE!!

SO STAY PUT AND WAIT FOR IT!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT SO FAR!!

LOVE YA'LL!!

HAPPY READING!!

________________________________________________________________________________

AAYAT's POV:

When ammi told we had to go to their native place I was genuinely very excited and happy and I was just praying to god that my dear husband says yes. Ever since my marriage, life has been so hectic. First my marriage, then the tests i had at college and then my assignments and finally zain bhaiya's marriage. Going to a new place will be really refreshing, and since the whole family is going together, it'll be fun too..! Also, that's the place where my dear husband has spent his childhood so i guess it'll be easier for me to break the cold wall he's built around his heart, though i am seeing a few changes here and there, i guess this trip might really help. I was looking at him with eyes full of hope and by the way he agreed just looking at me, i guess our telepathy does work! I had a huge smile on my face when he agreed to the trip and i could see a slight smile on his face after seeing me smile, almost not visible if you're not concentrating on his face. After that all the elders enthusiastically nodded and retreated to their rooms for preparations while me and rehmat di, the bride entered the kitchen. Ammi told its her first rasoi so she has to prepare something sweet and i went into the kitchen just in case she needs help and also i was bored.

AAYAT: di, tell me if you need any help. I am bored anyways. I want to get to know you better.

She gave me a huge smile and said,

REHMAT: suree!! you can just stand here and talk to me, we both won't get bored that way.

AAYAT: yess suree! I want to know everything about you!

REHMAT: by the way, why did you get married at such a young age? i mean i am 21 and i still feel too young to be married but you're 19 and already married.

AAYAT: well, you see my father wanted us to get married and I couldn't refuse him. I don't like saying no to him. And to be honest my hasn't changed too much. I am going to college like always, ammi showers me with too much love and my dear husband teaches me electronics. The only difference is that I don't see my parents on a regular basis. But i'll visit them once in a while so that's not a problem i guess.

REHMAT: ohh so you're getting electronics tuitions from a very experienced person i see. Very new type of romance.

I could feel my cheeks heating up. I am sure as hell i look like a tomato right now.

AAYAT: N-No.. i-it's n-not r-romance. It's just that i was facing a lot of problems with that subject and he helps me with those.

REHMAT: *teasing tone* whatever you say.

I was about to deny her again but the ringing of my phone caught our attention, my phone was kept on the kitchen island so it was visible who was calling me. And yeah, it was my dear husband. Perfect timing!

REHMAT: i see, bhaiya can't stay away for too long i guess. 

I just blushed a little and went away in the hall to answer his call.

OTP:

AAYAT: yeah??

ASIM: i uh- i've forgotten a file in our room and i am coming back to get it. Will you wait for me near the entrance with the file? It's the dark blue one i was working on last night.

AAYAT: ohh ok yeah sure.

I ended the call and turned back to go to the kitchen to inform di once before going to look for the file and the scene in front of me left me speechless. Bhaiya was back hugging his dear wife. WHO'S GETTING ROMANTIC NOW HUH?

AAYAT: ahem ahem

I faked a cough and they both almost jerked apart from each other and their face was void of color when they looked at me.

AAYAT: *teasing tone* did you need anything bhaiyaa?

ZAIN: y-yeah w-water. yeah i needed water.

saying this he took a bottle of water from the fridge and went away.

AAYAT: i see.. kitchen romance huh *teasing*

She just stood there quite and blushing like there was no tomorrow. I just laughed out loud but tried to shut my mouth when i saw ammi entering the kitchen.

AMMI: what's going on?? share it with me too!! i also want to laugh...! 

AAYAT: we both just looked at each other and nodded our head as a no and she gave a sulky face like a cute little kid. In all this havoc, i completely forgot that i have a husband who needs a file.

We heard a cough from behind and us and turned around to find out it was him

AAYAT: oh godd!! i am sorry i just got engrossed in something!! I'll help you look for the file!

He just nodded and headed towards the bedroom followed by me.

AAYAT: bhaiya loves di a lot..! *huge grin*

ASIM: yeah he does.

AAYAT: how come you know about it??????

ASIM: well there's a history to it.

AAYAT: i want to listen to it!! pleaseeeee tell me!! i am such a sucker for cute love stories.

ASIM: not right now i am getting late. I need to head towards the office. Anyhow mother india has given strict orders of not attending the office for 2 days. I'll wrap up the pending work today.

AAYAT: okayyy but promise to tell me the story at night??

ASIM: i might get late tonight.

AAYAT: i'll wait of course. Like I do everyday.

He just looked at me for a moment and nodded. And left for his office while the whole day at house was spent full of laughter, jokes stories from old times and a little bit of teasing which remained only between me and di.

CHACHI: And that day both asim and zain returned with their clothes fully covered in mud with a scared look on their face. Bhabhi was so pissed looking at them that she made them take a bath in the open at the garden present at the back side of the haveli. I still remember the look on your husband's face aayat. He was about to cry and the whole day he didn't eat anything. Bhabhi roamed behind him with food the whole day and promised him not to do something like that again. 

AAYAT: *laughing hardly* He was like that when he was a kid as well?

AMMI: oh don't you ask! You're husband has given me a lot of trouble during his childhood. Ask him for what all he did at our native and you'll be shocked to know.

I just nodded at her and made a mental note to make him spill the tea.

TIME SKIP

AT NIGHT.

ASIM POV:

I returned very late tonight. later than usual. The stuff at office took longer than expected and now i was more than convinced that my wife would've hugged a pillow by now and must be dreaming about god knows what. Well, i wouldn't hate it if she was dreaming about me tho.

I opened the door to our room slightly and was shocked to see her awake.

AAYAT: you're back! Go get freshened up! i'll get the dinner.

ASIM: aayat, its too late. you should be asleep by now.

AAYAT: well i promised you i would wait. And i don't break any promise. Anddddddd you promised to tell me about bhaiya and di's love story too! You get freshened up first and then tell me everything while you have dinner. 

I just sighed and nodded. There was no way i can win against her. And for some reason, losing against her felt just right.

I freshened up and returned back into our room. I was in my t-shirt and joggers and she was already there waiting with the dinner. I sat down with her opposite to me.

AAYAT: okayyy soo let's beginn!!

ASIM: hmm soo.. rehmat is actually a far relative's cousin and all of us met at our native whenever we were there for vacations. Initially zain and rehmat used to fight a lot. He liked troubling her and she would cry and complain to me about his mischiefs. But the best part was, he didn't let anyone else except him to annoy her. Then as years passed by, they both used to stick together a lot and we sensed something. Also when we asked zain about marriage he was in complete denial saying he doesn't want to marry right now. But one day when I asked if rehmat was the reason why he didn't want to get married he agreed and confessed that he liked her. And here we are today. 

AAYAT: awwwwwww!! that's soooooooo cutee!! Complete fiction style love story. 

I just nodded at her words.

AAYAT: *teasing* by the wayy.. you see i found out about a little encounter of yours during your childhood in the native. Would you like to tell me more of them??

I AM FREAKING TRAUMATIZED! AMMI YOU'RE SUCH A TRAITOR!

ASIM: no ways! i think the amount of information you have is more than sufficient..!

AAYAT: please

ASIM: no

AAYAT: pleasee!!

ASIM: no

AAYAT: pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

ASIM: okay okay fine. 

With that i told her about all the embarrassing experiences i had in our native. The one where I climbed the mango tree in our own field but later wasn't able to come down and cried till someone came and helped me. Another one was when i saw a curtain moving at night and cried thinking it was a ghost. Another one when i had mixed salt in abba's tea and got my ass spanked for that.

All the time she was laughing hard and I didn't know when i started laughing as well. To be honest, aligarh is the best place and it is where i've been the most happy. And now that I was returning there with my wife. I felt happier. I saw her looking at me with a wide smile.

ASIM: why are you smiling at me like that?

AAYAT: you look good when you smile.

ASIM: so?

AAYAT: you're smile makes me smile too!

I couldn't help but blush and smile slightly. I guess there's no point in distancing her now. We were fated to be together. I need to start accepting her. Not that i was doing a great job at keeping her away.

ASIM: it's late. we should sleep. Two days after today are going to be veryy hectic. The journey to aligarh needs a lot of preparations.

She just nodded and we retired for the day.

TIME SKIP

THE DAY BEFORE THE TRIP

ASIM POV:

the past two days have been hectic but cheerful as well! I am getting more comfortable with her. VERY MUCH COMFORTABLE TO BE EXACT. 

We talk a lot and she told me about her childhood incidents too when she used to prank the vegetable vendors when she was 2 years old. She was such a joyful kid at that time as well. I can feel myself getting attached to her.

Right now, we are packing for tomorrow's travel and a question has been pestering my mind all along. I finally decided to ask her anyway.

ASIM: aayat, you told you're a sucker for romance. Then how come you never fought with me after what i had told you?

AAYAT: because there was no point in fighting. We are destined to be together, there must be a purpose behind it. And see we are getting fond of each other day by day. And i have a feel This trip is going to bring a lot of changes in our lives. And i can't wait to be there with you.

ASIM: I can't wait to go back to the best place i've ever been to with you by my side as well.

She gave me a wide smile, and i reciprocated it. The future holds a lot for us. And i hope we'll be able to face it with all our might together, may it be good or bad.

________________________________________________________________________________

END OF THE CHAPTER~~!!

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!

LOVE YA'LL!!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!