CHAPTER 48: under the same roof

HEYY LOVELIESS!!

BACK WITH THE NEW CHAPTER!!

SO HERE'S THE THING.. MANY OF YOU ARE READING THIS BOOK AND YOU'RE LIKING IT TOO I SUPPOSE BUT NO ONE REALLY VOTES. 

ALL IT WOULD TAKE IS A CLICK ON THE SCREEN AND NOTHING ELSE. SO CAN I PLEASE EXPECT VOTES FROM YOU?? ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS VISIT THE CHAPTERS AND CLICK ON THE STAR BUTTON.

THOSE LITTLE THINGS REALLY PUSH ME TO WORK HARDER NO MATTER HOW DIFFICULT THINGS ARE CURRENTLY.

HOPING THAT YOU WOULD LISTEN TO THIS HUMBLE REQUEST AND VOTE FOR ME..

I AM PRESENTING TO YOU THE NEXT CHAPTER!

ITS GOING TO BE ISHAIRA FOR A FEW DAYS NOW.

LOVE YA'LL!!

HAPPY READING!

________________________________________________________________________________

ISHAAN'S POV:

Right now, she's sitting opposite to me, with a pen and a paper placed on the table between us. 
I am giving her confused looks while she's giving me that 'oh I am smart' look of hers. Typical samaira.

ISHAAN: mind to tell me what is this?

SAMAIRA: well, since I am going to be your room mate, we'll have to prepare a contract as per the requirements of the both of us. I will propose my terms and you'll propose yours and we can negotiate if something doesn't fit well.

UNBELIVEABLE! this girl is just too much sometimes.

ISHAAN: *sigh* foxy, you're just staying in the same house as mine until your parents return that's it. Don't you think all of this is extra and not really necessary?

SAMAIRA: oh no this is hella necessary, imagine if we both disagree on something in the future and you could try to overpower me because you own this place.

ISHAAN: *voice full of disbelief* seriously? you think I would do that?

SAMAIRA: well not really but none of us has seen the future so yeah, things need to be professional, so yes there's definately going to be a contract.

This girl is just out of this world. soo out of the world and soo mine.

ISHAAN: *sarcastic* ohh then I don't see the stamp papers?

SAMAIRA: well I tried for the stamp papers but it's not really easy to get those and also we might have to involve lawyers so I thought to skip that. But if you want we can also go for an official contract.

ISHAAN: seriously girl? can't you sense the sarcasm? there's no need for any of that and also this contract or terms and conditions or whatever you are telling, just write down whatever you want.

SAMAIRA: well, I've already prepared my part, I am waiting for you to prepare yours. 

ISHAAN: I have no such terms or conditions. Having you by my side is the best thing I could ask for and I am already getting that.

I could see her cheeks turning slightly red and I chuckled at her cuteness. Well it was true tho. I am in love with her and there's no point in denying it. Well, It wasn't in just one moment like how people describe. I experienced love with her. I didn't fall in love, I walked to it, with her by my side, and with this golden opportunity of one month, I am quite determined to make her mine. 

SAMAIRA: well as soothing as it sounds mr. kashyap, we still need something from your side to settle this.

ISHAAN: well you can have my heart.

SAMAIRA: goddddd can't you talk to someone without being all lovey dovey.

ISHAAN: I behave lovey dovey only with you tho.

SAMAIRA: *sigh* there's no use telling you. Just frame a few conditions from your side and we'll be done.

ISHAAN: Umm since you're soo stuck up on this, then let's have it this way. I am okay with all your terms and conditions. No explanations required, but instead you'll have to grant me three wishes.

She raised a brow and looked at me with a suspicious look.

SAMAIRA: and what are those?

ISHAAN: well, I don't really know what are those right now, but I'll ask you when the time comes. And yeah you don't have to worry, I won't ask for something that will make you uncomfortable.

SAMAIRA: I know that dumbo. I can never get uncomfortable when I am with you.

This took me by surprise. This meant that she was very comfortable being around me and it really really was a big thing for me. It made my work easier. Now I could pursue her more easily, not that I would've given up if it was difficult but still, having to do something with less difficulty feels good. And more that that, I like it that she likes spending time with me too. I am not just a burden on her. And I'll make sure to turn this room mate agreement to a permanent setting. This house looks lively when she's present. As I said, it feels like home.

ISHAAN: ok then, deal done?

I forwarded my hand towards her for a handshake and she shook it firmly with a confident look.

ISHAAN: ok then, let's watch-

SAMAIRA: wait! lemme read my terms and conditions.

ISHAAN: samaira not now please. I am sure you wouldn't have put something odd in those. I am really really not in a mood of reading it.

SAMAIRA: alright then, don't read listen.

ISHAAN: you won't spare me will you?

She just gave me a sheepish smile and shook her head indicating that she wasn't going to spare me.

ISHAAN: alright then, enlighten me.

SAMAIRA: ok so to begin with, the chores will be distributed, if one of us cooks the other is supposed to wash dishes and arrange the food on the dining table. We can decide the days on which either of us will cook later on. And same goes with cleaning. Alternate days, each of us will clean the house. Any questions?

ISHAAN: no maam.

SAMAIRA: condition no. 2, If any one of us is calling friends over then we need to inform the other person atleast 2 hours prior their visit as sudden visits might cause us to be uncomfortable.

ISHAAN: I literally have no friends except you. And you're not a friend to be exact.

SAMAIRA: then what am I huh?

ISHAAN: we'll discuss that later, for now, continue with your speech.

SAMAIRA: yeah whatever, so the 3rd one is. NO ALCOHOL OR SMOKING. A strict no no. Tell me if you are going to do that now itself so that I can go to the locksmith.

ISHAAN: chill foxy, I might be from foreign but I have my manners, neither do I drink nor do I smoke. And I don't support these activities as well.

SAMAIRA: well, that's impressive. And the last one. Respect privacy, no entering into each others' room without knocking or no going through each others' stuff without our permission. done?

ISHAAN: well, I won't do anything like that but you can. I won't mind you entering my room without knocking or going through my stuff.

SAMAIRA: and why would you not mind?

ISHAAN: because I don't want any privacy from you. You're the only person who's seen the true me after my mom, and judging by how much you know about my life, there's no point in it. And if I would want to open myself up completely then it would be only in front of you and nobody else.

SAMAIRA: you, the sweet talker that you are, you can trap any girl you want.

ISHAAN: well, there's this one girl, if she's trapped, then I would want nothing else.

She was trying hard to hide that shy smile which was slowly creating on her face. So, there's hope I see.

SAMAIRA: and, do I know that girl?

ISHAAN: oh you know her soo well.

We were about to continue our little conversation while I heard the door bell. 

ISHAAN: god I swear if its some new drama then I am going to lose all my control.

SAMAIRA: chill. Open the door first.

I just nodded at her and went towards the door to open it. And found my dad's secretary there with a present?

ISHAAN: what are you doing here karthik?

KARTHIK: sir, boss told me to give you this present. Happy birthday.

ISHAAN: wait what? what's the date today?

KARTHIK: it's 12th january sir.

ISHAAN: fuck! I forgot. Anyways, he sends these every year and I return them, so take this one back too and from next time, no need to get these here, you can keep them if you want. Tell your boss that materialistic things are not that can make an offspring happy.

KARTHIK: but sir-

ISHAAN: bye karthik, thank you and sorry for wasting you hard work.

After saying that, I closed the door and turned around to look at samaira and she was looking at me, mouth wide open and face looked shocked.

ISHAAN: *awkward* umm what happened? what's the matter?

SAMAIRA: its your birthday and you forgot??!

ISHAAN: ohh ughh, well you see, I've never really celebrated my birthday so I tend to forget it lol.

SAMAIRA: and why didn't you celebrate your birthday?

ISHAAN: well, I had no one significant to celebrate it with.

SAMAIRA: well, you have me now and I suppose I am significant to you, so yeah we'll be celebrating your birthday. No arguments.

ISHAAN: okayy ma'am.

SAMAIRA: first of all, we need groceries. I'll list them down and you go get them!!

ISHAAN: okay okay chill! 

SAMAIRA: nope, we have very less time left. I'll whatsapp you everything I need and you get it.

ISHAAN: aye aye captain.

TIME SKIP

AT THE SUPER MARKET.

ISHAAN: flour, done. Cocoa powder, done. Chocolate chips, done. Vegetables, done. Umm, i've got almost everything.

After rechecking everything, I started walking towards the billing counter when my eyes spotted something cute. It was a female fox plushy which held a heart in its hand. Okay I need to buy this.

I quickly picked it up and rushed towards the billing counter with the rest of the items and finally left towards home with everything done and dusted. I was calling that place as home for the first time. Well, because it was for the first time that someone was waiting for me to return back and I couldn't be any more happier. I reached my place as soon as possible and went up to the door. I rang the door bell and she opened the door with a wide smile and welcomed me inside. Hayee, what a pleasure to return back home to this smile everyday.

SAMAIRA: everything's here?

ISHAAN: yess it is ma'am.

SAMAIRA: ok then, let's make brownies..!

ISHAAN: brownies??

SAMAIRA: yess!! it is lyka's recipe and trust me, no one in this world can beat this. It's so much more better that cakes. 

ISHAAN: ok then, tell me what to do.

SAMAIRA: nothing, you just stand and keep me company, I'll do the work.

I just nodded at her and stood beside her as she proceeded with her work. We had a lot of fun while doing this. We were joking around about random things, we threw flour on each other and even popped chocolate chips in our mouth every now and then like little kids. This is why I loved being with her. If was stupid, then she would behave stupid with me. There was no place for judging. 

After everything was done, we put the tray into the oven to bake and waited patiently for it while continuing our chats. After about 40 mins, they were completely ready and the kitchen smelled like heavenly chocolate. Indeed this recipe was the best.

SAMAIRA: okayy!! you go and wait in the hall, I'll get them. 

ISHAAN: no let me help you.

SAMAIRA: no ishaan you're the birthday boy! just go and sit and I'll be back.

I just sighed and nodded my head. There was no way I could win against her, but losing when it was for her, was another kind of victory. I waked towards the living are and sat on the couch while waiting for her. She took about 5 minutes but came out with the brownies but they had candles lit on them and she was singing the happy birthday song. Best birthday ever.

SAMAIRA: happy birthday to you.... happy birthday to you.... happy birthday to dear ishaan. happy birthday to you...! here you go!! blow the candles and make a wish.

I looked at her with a contented smile on my face and blew the candles with my eyes closed and she clapped. Such a baby. My baby.

SAMAIRA: what did you wish for?

ISHAAN: to spend all my future birthdays with you.

SAMAIRA: well, wish granted.

ISHAAN: thank you for this, you know, no one has ever done something for me after my mom.  This is really the best birthday ever.

SAMAIRA: you don't have to thank me, this is the least I could do for someone who's important to me. 

I just smiled at her while be picked up a brownie and brought it near my lips, signalling me to eat it. I did eat it and indeed, it really was the best recipe. I forwarded a piece towards her too and she took a bite. We both clicked a lot of pictures and had a karaoke night. It was literally the best birthday.

It was already late and we were both tired after exhibiting our singing skills.

SAMAIRA: damn I feel like someone has sucked up all my energy.

ISHAAN: me too! All I want to do is to sleep.

SAMAIRA: then let's just go to our respective rooms and sleep.

ISHAAN: yepp let's just go.

With that we bid good night to each other and entered our rooms which were opposite to each other. I closed the door behind me with a huge smile on my face. Just one day with her at my place and I couldn't contain my happiness. Damn this girl. My gaze slowly shifted towards the bed and I gulped slightly.

ISHAAN: fuck! I can't sleep without her near me.

I was lost in my own worries when I heard a slight knock on my door. I opened the door and found her standing there.

ISHAAN: everything fine foxy?

SAMAIRA: umm yeah, I uh, I just wanted to give something on my birthday but I didn't have time to prepare any gift so I made this for you.

I looked at her palm which held a cute hand made greeting card and my eyes softened looking at it. This girl is just a dream.

ISHAAN: this means a lot, trust me, this might not be a big thing for you but it is priceless to me. Thank you so much. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday.

SAMAIRA: hehe, you're welcome, and umm, I also realized that you couldn't fall asleep without me.

ISHAAN: umm yeahh, i uh i realized that too.

SAMAIRA: I can stay by your side until you fall asleep.

She offered with a small yet genuine smile on her face and I was warmed up instantly. 

ISHAAN: I would love that.

With that, I opened my door completely for her to enter and she entered my room and kept looking everywhere.

ISHAAN: you like my room?

SAMAIRA: yeah, its beautiful. 

ISHAAN: okay then, good night, help me sleep, I am tied af!

She chuckled at me and nodded while sitting on my bed. I simply walked to my bed and lay down with my head on her lap. She started patting my head and I could feel myself getting dizzy. Before I could completely doze off, I heard her murmur.

SAMAIRA: happy birthday, dumbass.

ISHAAN: thank you, smartass.

After that Sleep engulfed me and I slipped into my deep slumber.

________________________________________________________________________________

END OF THE CHAPTER!

KEEP VOTING!!

LOVE YA'LL!!

BBYEE!