CHAPTER 30: unraveling the past

HII GUYSS!! 

THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING CO-OPERATIVE AND SORRY FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO UPLOAD YESTERDAY!

HERE I AM WITH A NEW CHAPTER!

HOPE YA'LL LIKE IT!!

KEEP VOTING!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT!! 

LOVE YA'LL!!

HAPPY READING!

________________________________________________________________________________

SATHYA POV:

I was soo damn freaking embarrassed! my grandparents.. i love them a lot. The most infact. But what they did in front of lyka that day made me want to dig a hole in ground and jump in it. I was so nervous that i didn't want to see her anymore. Ofcourse not because i was uncomfortable, but because i didn't know how to face her. I still remember the very next day after that incident, I was locked in my cabin all day and didn't see her unless it was a necessity. She had to barge in my cabin that day and tell me there wasn't anything to be awkward about and she also said my grand parents were cute and she loved them. After that very moment we both looked at each other and laughed to the fullest. From that moment, everything went back to normal. Nothing awkward. Well that night we did have a peaceful company of each other at the terrace, but at that moment she needed comfort so i provided that to her. But the very next day was different. I thought she would feel uncomfortable but she was even more joyful than before.

We both discussed about her dreams and she's keen on clearing the design exam. And I was going to do my best to help her. She could use my office for her studying session and i told her not to do any work and i would consider it as her internship. She was keen on not accepting this but I was very stubborn when i had to be and yeah, she had to agree.  Right now she's sitting in my cabin and going through few articles related to the current affairs as they ask questions based on that in a design related exam. Please don't ask me why. I don't know too. It's been long since she's been engrossed in her preparation so i decided to take a few cookies and a cup of hot chocolate for her. 

I quickly bought those from the nearby cafe and served them on a plate before entering my cabin. I opened the door slightly, not wanting to disturb her. But what i saw in front of me made me aww at that scene. She had her hair tied up in a messy bun with her glasses on. Her head was on the table, cheek pressed against it forming a cute pout on her mouth. She looked soo adorable right now that i couldn't resist clicking a pic of her. I walked towards her and sat down in front of her after placing the plate of cookies and the mug of hot chocolate on the table. 
I saw a stray strand of her hair falling on her forehead. My hand automatically tucked it at the back of her ear and that slightest moment resulted in her waking up. I quickly pulled my hand away and sat straight as if nothing had happened.

LYKA: for how long have i been asleep?

SATHYA: i don't know nugget, I arrived just now. I got these cookies for you and some hot chocolate as well.

LYKA: ohh thankk youu!!! you're the bestt!! i'll have them while i go through these articles.

SATHYA: No, i think you need to rest. Finish these cookies and the hot chocolate and take a nap on the couch. I'll wake you up in some time.

LYKA: but-

I just gave her a hard glare to which she reacted by gulping and slightly nodded.

She silently sat their and ate those cookies. She offered me one as well but i shook my head saying i didn't want it. She forced me to eat it anyways. She quickly finished her hot chocolate as well and then lay down on the couch. She dozed off almost immediately. She might not tell me but i know that she stays awake till late night to prepare for this exam. This much stress and fatigue isn't good for her mental as well as physical health. I need to have a serious discussion with her on this. SOON.

TIME SKIP

AFTER 3 HOURS.

LYKA'S POV:

I woke up after having a good sleep. I needed this very much tbh. I looked out of the window and noticed that it was getting dark. How much did i sleep exactly?!

LYKA: sathyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

SATHYA: woahhh chill nugget why so much of aggression?

LYKA: for how long have i been sleeping??

SATHYA: ughh.. 3 hours ig?

LYKA: whatt?? 3 freaking hours and you didn't wake me up??

SATHYA: you needed it lyka. I know you haven't been sleeping well at night and your body needs rest. You'll collapse if this goes on!

Damn he looked scary. He's such a cool person but his angry side is not something that people would like to witness. He looks like a monster ready to eat the person in front of him alive. I just gulped and went to the desk to start preparing.

Even 15 minutes hadn't passed since i had started studying and damn. FUCK THIS ELECTRICITY! out of all the times... they had to cut power supply just noww??!!! JUST NOWW???!!

I was whining and banging my head slightly on the table when i heard sathya telling something.

SATHYA: you think electricity will be back if you bang your head continuously?

Damn he was here, holding a candle in front of his face..

LYKA: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! you look like a ghost!

SATHYA: woahh chill! i don't look like a ghost! i am handsome..!

LYKA: you look like those ghosts who roam on highways wearing white sarees with a candle in their hand.

SATHYA: that was offending! 

LYKA: whatever!! now how do i study..??!!

SATHYA: just sit down for some time. You can study more tomorrow.

I just whined and sat quietly.

LYKA: i can't sit quietly like a ghost. Speak something.

SATHYA: speak what?

LYKA: something.. Tell me about your family..

SATHYA: well.. you met my grand parents the other day, they're the only family i have. Apart from them, I have asim, not matter how cold he tries to behave, that bastard cares for me and i know it. And I have you too.

When he said he has me.. My heart skipped a beat. This man is making me fall for him more and more.

SATHYA: what about you?

LYKA: Mom, big brother, my dogs and ofcourse my friends.

SATHYA: your dad?

LYKA: I-I l-lost him r-recently.

SATHYA: oh, i uh- i am sorry. I didn't know. Do you mind if i ask what was the reason?

LYKA: his health. It kept worsening. He had a stroke and blood clots in his brain too. He suffered a lot.. I s-suffered a lot. B-But now i am happy. H-he's in a better place. I know he'll be watching me from wherever he is now.

I didn't know when tears started flowing from my eyes, he gently pulled me towards himself and i was seated on his lap now. He hugged me tightly while i sobbed on his chest. I felt safe there. So damn safe.

SATHYA: you are the strongest girl lyka. stronger than anyone else present here. Did you have anyone with you? someone who you could speak to about this?

LYKA: yeah. aayat... she was always there. All my other friends were there too but she was the concrete one with me. She texted me daily asking about my condition. if i had eaten or not. She's always been the most important and the most close one to me. Well you see, i call her my soulmate for a reason.

He just smiled at me but his hand never stopped patting my back.

LYKA: what about your parents? if you don't mind me asking?

SATHYA: they passed away too.. car accident... I was 12 back then.

I just gasped at this. He was such a young kid and lost both of his parents... I was the worst any kid would face.

LYKA: sathya.. i can't even imagine that. You were just a kid. H-How could you accept it?

SATHYA: well initially i couldn't accept it. I always argued with everyone saying they would be back and they were just playing hide and seek with me. I believed that same thing for 2 more years, until i was sensible and mature enough to understand that they were never coming back. It sucked. It hurt like hell to be an orphan. I always saw other kids with their parents and It would always make me cry. But i had the most loving grand parents. They were there for me.. always... at all circumstances. they were there at every annual day.. every parent teachers meeting, every thing. I miss having parents, but they were no less. My cute dadi and dadu.

He looked down at me and i was already looking at him. Our eyes were locked.. 

LYKA: sathya.. aren't we soo damn similar?? even with our pasts?

SATHYA: yes nugget.. we're almost the same..

We didn't break the eye contact. More like we weren't able to.. I saw his eyes shifting between my lips and eyes again and again, I took that as a hint and tried to lean in.. He came forward too.. We were close.. so damn close.. closer.. But suddenly i was pushed down from his lap while he stood up abruptly..

SATHYA: t-this is w-wrong.. this is soo wrong.. Lyka go home.. this isn't right.

He didn't even look back at me and left the cabin.. I waited for him for half an hour but he never returned. Giving up, I too left for home. 

But i wasn't going to give up like this. I fell in love even when i had promised myself not to. He gave me all the reasons to fall in love.. And now.. i wasn't going to let go of him.

I WILL MAKE YOU MINE, SATHYA, NOT BECAUSE I WANT TO.. BUT BECAUSE WE BOTH WANT TO..
_______________________________________________________________________________

END OF THE CHAPTER~~!!

KEEP VOTING YA'LL!!

LOVE YOUU!