CHAPTER 54: happily ever after, with you

HEYY GUYSS!!

SO THIS IS FINALLY THE ABSOLUTE END OF AMANAT! 

I WANTED TO WRITE THIS CHAPTER TO RESTART LYTHYA AND ALSO, I THINK A LITTLE BIT OF
MAGIC IN THEIR ENDING WAS NECESSARY SO UHH HERE WE ARE..!

AMANAT HAS BEEN SO MUCH MORE SPECIAL FOR ME AND I DON'T KNOW HOW I AM FEELING RIGHT NOW THAT THERE AREN'T GOING TO BE ANYMORE UPDATES WITH THEM AS THE CENTER OF ATTENTION, BUT AS THEY SAY, EVERYTHING HAS AN END TO IT, THEY HAD TO END AS WELL. 
BUT OF COURSE, THEIR STORY WON'T

LET'S HOPE FOR THEIR STORY TO CONTINUE IN THEIR FICTIONAL WORLD LOL. IK IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE BUT WHO CARES WHEN WE ALL ARE DELULU PEOPLE

OK SO UHH I THINK I NEED TO STOP BLABBERING.

KEEP SUPPORTING AND PLSS TAKE SOME TIME TO VOTE ON ALL THE CHAPTERS! FOLLOW IF YOU'RE LIKING WHAT I WRITE AND I MIGHT WRITE MORE BOOKS IN FUTURE AS WELL..!

LOVE YA'LL!

HAPPIE READING!

________________________________________________________________________________

AAYAT'S POV:

I can't believe that I've spent an year with this man sleeping beside me like a baby. yes, you're right, its been one year since we got married and it has been nothing less than magical. I still remember how timid and afraid I used to feel during the initial days of our marriage. And the fact that he had told me not to expect from him as a husband in matter of love, had made it even more difficult for me. Bust as they say, if you're stars are meant to align and the destiny has bound you together, no force in this nature is capable of separating it.

People say they fall in love at first sight, or either they walk towards love with each and every gesture and action shown towards them. But our case was slightly different. The moment we discovered that we had been promised to each other, maybe at that very moment we had a connection between ourselves, not love, but a connection that told us we were going towards somewhere where we actually belonged. And even though that connection was there, we eventually made it stronger by putting efforts unknowingly and it grew to become love that we had between us. 

It was just like a tree. It initially starts as a seed and with constant care and nutrients from soil and elements like water, sunlight and others helps it develop into a strong tree. Ours was the same case. We already had that seed of connection between us which was sowed by our elders, and by his care, my determination and elders' support, we had this beautiful tree of love with flowers of romance blooming on it. 

I still remember his face when I saw him on the night of our wedding. It was cold and stiff like an ice-berg. His posture was rigid as if he was talking to someone about a deal. But his eyes had that uncertainty in them. There was mix of emotions, guilt, concern, responsibility and so much more. But now that I look at him, he is that man who smiles often with a soft face and sometimes teases. I am not complaining tho. I like it when he teases me hehe. His eyes had love in them and they looked the shiniest when he looked at me. I loved it whenever he looked at me as if I was his whole world. 

I was caressing his cheek lightly with my fingers and my face held a slight smile and my eyes were filled with love for him. He was my entire world now, and I knew I would want to wake up beside him on all of our anniversaries in the future. I forwarded my face near his forehead and gently pecked it. I moved back to my place and continued staring at his face when he suddenly spoke, startling me.

ASIM: I know I am handsome noori, but I never thought you would stare at me like a creep when I am asleep.

AAYAT: well yeah, you're handsome and all mine so I can stare at you. And how dare you call me a creep huh?

He opened his eyes and looked at me with so much of love, but he changed his expression to a teasing one when he suddenly hovered over me.

ASIM: don't you think I deserve a punishment for calling you a creep?

AAYAT: ohh sure. How about you sleep on the couch for the whole of next week?

ASIM: huh? but those books of yours had a total different meaning of punishment.

Colour drained from my face and I was completely pale now. I felt my hands shivering when he gazed intensely at me. Where the hell did he find my books?

AAYAT: where the hell did you find my books?

ASIM: well, that's for me to know. But tell me, you like reading such books huh? *smirk*

AAYAT: w-well I-I m-mean w-why n-not. L-Like t-there is s-so m-much m-more in t-those b-books.

He leaned closer to my face and started pecking my cheek continuously.

ASIM: like?

AAYAT: the story, the characters, both the main and the supportive. They all have their own stories, own lives, own interests, own priorities. They have the things that they like, things they do not like. Sometimes we find a few characters with whom we can relate but sometimes completely new ones who leave us in shock. Every book is a new experience. Every book gives you a new lesson. Every book tells you of a new story. Some of them might be the imagination of the author, and some of them might be from their experiences. Some of them might be based on their expectations, the things they want to happen to them and some of them might be based on the things they never wanted to happen with them or anyone else for that matter. A book is so much more than a book. Whenever I read a book, I live a new life. I live like a new person. I live in a new and entirely different environment. It's us readers' way of experiencing new things. With all the books I've read, I've lived so many lifes.

I looked into his eyes and found them staring at mine so intensely.

ASIM: so? which part of the books you've read you want to turn it into reality?

AAYAT: I don't really remember but there are many. Why do you ask?

ASIM: I want to turn all your fantasies into reality. May it be marriage on a beach or late night snacks together in the kitchen. I want to fulfill all your wishes and live every fictional scenario you have in your mind, with you.

I looked at him with tears filled in my eyes. I have always been a girl who dreams of everything that couldn't be real. I knew reality is completely different from what we read in books and I had decided that what I read would be confined to my brain and the pages of that book. I never expected them to turn into reality because I knew that expectations could lead only to heartbreak. But right now, by looking at his face, I could tell that I could expect anything from him and he wouldn't think twice before fulfilling my wishes. 

AAYAT: I love you, aman. Thank you so much for loving me back.

His eyes softened and he leaned in to touch his forehead with mine.

AMAN: I love you too, noori. Thank you for not giving up on me. I do not know what I would've done without you.

I couldn't control anymore and lifted my head a little to capture his lips in a kiss to which he responded within a faction of a second. It was a short kiss but it was enough to convey our feelings to each other. We pulled out only to attach our foreheads again.

ASIM: happy anniversary, wifey.

I chuckled a little and replied him with a huge smile on my face.

AAYAT: happy anniversay, shohar.