Chapter 1: How it all started

07:44

The sunlight shining through my window marked another day of high school for me. It began to be a rather weird week, and this was because there were quite weird events that just happened in the last few weeks.

Our first special examination. The uninhabited island exam. We finished first, beating everyone and everything. The gears slowly shift.

Class D, was originally a Class made out of defectives, one where everyone had a huge flaw that held them back, with absolutely zero chance of winning.

However, the energy was about to shift. The first win in the island exam made us overconfident in the Zodiac exam, we lost badly there, Class C achieving absolute superiority there.

Now, it was balanced out. Classes A and B haven't won one special exam, even though they had the highest of winning.

Overall, the Zodiac exam was probably the first strategic loss I've ever faced. Probably because there was a traitor in our class and I didn't have enough influence to change the outcome of the exam on my own.

Ryueen played me there, not going to lie. He just answered to the insane loss on the island with an insane win in the following Special Exam.

"You are a miserable and pathetic liar!"

Ah. Right. This did not leave me alone, it was like her voice had terrorized me day and night since the incident from three days ago.

<><>Flashback<><>

As we were eventually back on the school's campus, there were way too many questions left open to get answered.

Karuizawa is probably the most important topic right now, but I cannot let Horikita drown in irrelevance, she was probably the last thing I cared for, but still, she is a really important person to me.

Hirata still has some issues regarding the island examination, since he failed to believe me about the source of where I got the leader's name.

Not to forget the traitor in the Zodiac exam, which also happened to be part of Class D.

And then, there was the thing with my originator, a fairly difficult issue, one that needs time and strategy to be solved. As of now, his hands are tied.

Last but not least, Horikita was the most un-important thing currently. She was useless in the Zodiac exam. Pretty Useful but at the same time useless in the island exam.

Yet, I freed some time for her. She was sitting right in front of me, her leg crossed over the other, providing a rather good view of the width of her thighs.

"You wanted to talk?" I started our conversation.

Yesterday, right before we arrived here, she told me that she needed to talk with me. Even if she had to skip her studies for the day.

So I guess it is a fairly important topic. And since she crossed her legs and bit her lower lip, I assume that she is painfully nervous.

Horikita is terrible at suppressing her thoughts...

"Ayanokouji-kun."

...

Was this a calm and kind voice from her? It is insanely impressive how amazing her kind voice sounded. Unlike her ice queen persona, this is a pretty warm one.

Well, I never felt conflicted or anything like that when talking to her. Maybe in the first few times, but lately, she has been quite relatable.

This means she wasn't that annoying to exchange words with.