Chapter 26: The Dreaming Boy🍋

Upvote if you liked this story so far.

<=><=><=><=><=><=><=><=><=>

11th February 13:17

As classes then finally came to an end, I was pretty confident that she was going to speak with me, however, she still didn't want to even try. Suzune is a hard nut to crack when you are arguing with her.

And this is probably the most exhausting thing to do: repairing a relationship all alone.

Somehow, it was kinda adorable how she didn't want me to be touched by anyone else, even getting annoyed when my friend, Sudou, touched me.

Suzune was defending me as if I were her property. And that was, to be honest; incredibly nice to see. I couldn't defend myself with words without other people becoming suspicious; after all, that's how I introduced myself; the quiet person who rarely talks back.

However, I was pretty strong with the action I took. But backpaying a friend by setting him up sounds crazy.

"Yo man, what the heck was that earlier? Are ya searching for a death ticket?!"

"Uhm...what do you mean? Ken?"

Sudou, Hirata, and Ike approached me suddenly, as the bell just rang which signaled that classes had ended. All three of them appeared a little nervous towards me, but I honestly had no idea why...

"Bro don't go around and trash talk people, alright, you can do it with the boys in our class, well everyone but Koenji. You can quickly end up getting beaten by someone pretty badly. I don't mind if ya trash talk me, but be careful with people you don't know..."

Sudou advised the wrong person, however, it's something that you should always know:

You should only trash talk, someone, when it's out of fun and bantering, but you should never do that to a person that you don't know that long, or you may end up worse than you've expected.

It's a piece of great advice in life, regardless of what person you are telling it to, you might be the best fighter on the planet, but you should never insult someone who is secretly armed.

Or you might find out why you don't do that.

"Yeah man, I thought today would be your last day on this planet... Why did you even say that? I get it, he has a high ego, but why go that far to say it out loud in front of everyone in such a disrespectful manner?"

"I was just pointing out the fact that he is useless and worthless. Nothing more, I was just pointing out the obvious. Koenji is just all talk, that's normal for people like him."

For the first time, as he was about to leave the classroom, his expression changed. His smile disappeared and was replaced by a face that appeared rather threatening. Not for me though.

I annoyed him with this one, and he couldn't do anything against it. Reporting to my father that he might leak information about the white room, even though that will never happen and never happen, will make him disappear for eternity.

If I don't do that, he knows that in a potential fight, he will not keep up with me at any point.

"Damn man...talk a little quieter, you are pushing it a little."

"Ayanokouji-kun, the class depends on everyone's performance. So please don't talk like that about your classmate, even if it's Koenji. I understand that you are annoyed, but let's just not fight at all."

I was also impressed by how Hirata tried to control the situation by simply de-escalating it with words. If a serious fight breaks out between the two of us, either one will be expelled.