Chapter 2: Am I hallucinating?!

"The only thing we never get enough of is love; and the only thing we never give enough of is love." - Henry Miller

"A true love story never ends." - Author Unknown

<>𝙾𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 | 𝙷𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚔𝚒𝚝𝚊 𝚇 𝙰𝚢𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚔𝚘𝚞𝚓𝚒<>

Physical Education

Questionable was, that the homeroom lesson, which is always the second class on Monday, was today hosted in the gym.

What were we doing here? I have no Idea. Ayanokouji next to me, looks like it's completely natural for him.

Earlier, I got my sports clothes and was able to change my uniform shirt, since coffee was spilled all over it.

But I only was able to do it in time since he gave me his shirt. Thus, he was forced to exercise in long sleeves at this temperature.

Of course, since there are still people out there who don't wash the clothes they have been lent, he didn't expect me to wash them. So it was quite surprising to him that I couldn't give it back today.

"(Ayanokouji-kun. What do you think will happen today?)"

"(I have got a little glimpse of the idea. There is always a reason behind it. Don't forget that we are in a specialized school.)"

What did he mean by that? Perhaps another special exam? But... Didn't we face two in a row? Wouldn't this be quite the overkill?

I doubt that he is right on this one. Neither do I think that the possibility is here. Everyone else is behaving naturally, just Kushida-san and Ayanokouji are a bit off.

No...

Ayanokouji isn't any different than ever. Everyone was surprised when the first special exam caught us by surprise.

By everyone, I meant everyone except him. It looked like he was prepared and knew exactly what would happen before the events even unfolded.

This time is no different.

"(Is something the matter today, Horikita? You are quite pale today.)"

This "nice" behavior of mine happens naturally when in panic. I tried to suppress this behavior with composure, but lately, it's not possible.

"(A-Ah, am I? You don't look so good today either...)"

That was a bad lie. He looked perfectly fine and attractive like always. I just want to avoid stitching out.

"(Really? Looking at the mirror earlier, I looked like always.)"

"(Shut up! Ayanokouji, what should we do when there is a special exam around the door?)"

"(Win it.)"

He is quite funny sometimes, well most of the time.

His awkwardness when around women is something I would pay to watch. He has no idea about how to hold a good conversation, thus I always kickstart it.

But I don't blame it, once he gets warm in the conversation, he starts to think a lot more, and starts to get more active than passive.

"(Woah. I haven't thought about that.)"

But I couldn't depend on him this time either. The Sudou case was still stuck in my head. The island exam...

What has motivated him, to cause such a dominance?! And...How is he able to do those things all alone?

There is no real explanation for that. Well, I cannot imagine that there is a logical explanation at all. Kushida maybe knows about it, or maybe Karuizawa who grew to be a lot closer to him in the past few days.