Chapter 18: The Mixed Training Camp Examination

02:52 a.m. in front of the School building.

Whoever thought it would be a good idea to travel at 3 a.m. Instead of the night before is the definition of bullshit in person.

However, I heard that there were complications with the route since we were supposed to be there at 07 a.m.

Normal people would start to drive to that Mountain at around 5 a.m. Or so, but we needed to start much earlier, there were a lot of construction sites on the country roads.

Some students were barely able to stand on their feet in tiredness. I wasn't one of them, but alone the fact that even the hypermotivated Ike was almost sleeping on his feet was pretty unusual.

But I can't blame them, can I? The bus will arrive at the main building near the port in around 3 minutes. Our luggage was already inside the busses and they were just gone for quick maintenance and checks.

The night was cold, some were here in thin blankets, probably preparing for the long drive. And right now, I was asking myself what I should do, after all, I have zero idea.

Suzune right now is talking with Hirata, discussing the upcoming exam, and standing-up theories. It could be that this exam will be similar to the island, or the zodiac. Maybe both combined?

A rather loud sound came from the street up to us, it was engines, in low RPM, and very bright lights approaching.

As one bus after the other arrived, I was surprised at just how many it was. Alone four for each class in our year. Making it four for the first, and another 8 in total for the other two years.

"Please enter the bus which was marked for your respective class. Departure is in 7 minutes, make sure to have a comfortable seat and please consider this as a resting opportunity."

Chabashira, whose voice sounded pretty normal said, that student after student entered, forcing their steps onto the bus. It looks like nobody understood that we shouldn't force ourselves to be awake the entire night.

I mean, the entire Class group chat was spamming, trying to predict what was about to come the entire night just until now, when everyone was caught missing out on sleep.

I was one of the first ones to get inside the bus of course, mainly because I have some weird complex of being further in the back of the bus since it was the first time I drove in one, I sat in the back. Second last row.

I don't know where exactly Suzune wanted to sit, but it appears that she is walking to the back whilst being able to sleep.

Believe it or not. Even though this wasn't marked as a special exam yet, she probably was overthinking it way too much, not letting herself get some rest at all.

"Horikita...?"

Right, I had to shift down two gears and call her by her family name, which was quite weird to do so, but well, we chose to keep this relationship a secret.

She was dragging her feet forward until she arrived at my seat row, set back next to me, and her head fell on my shoulder. Suzune wasn't asleep yet, but she was nearing her limit of being awake.

Since it was confirmed that we were going on this excursion, she was skipping sleep, and you could see it in her red eyes and slower motions.

"(I didn't know you were this tired. But can't you tone it down a bit, we are in public Suzune if somebody catches us...)"

Suddenly I heard two female voices approaching us and I knew exactly what was about to happen, I was finished.

I should leave this school. Should I pretend to be asleep too? Should I wake her up? Should I shift her head to another position?