Chapter 14: Total Defeat

Back to business.

"You got defeated again, Kikyou. It seems like you have been beaten by Horikita fair and square."

I admit that I've been played as well. But it didn't massively impact me, my class hasn't lost anything in this exam, it's just that I've been annoyed lately.

Someone was intercepting my plans multiple times. But it's crazy. He is only then doing something, once the situation seems already impossible to turn around.

And somehow, that person still did turn the tables on me.

"Maybe if I had someone competent helping me like her, would have maybe turned the situation to my benefit?"

I may not seem to be incapable of helping her, but, I pulled out of the situation, trying to protect my classmates from the impact of spreading towards Class C.

Or now, Class D after we have been demoted. It's not bad at all to me after all, it's been just a problem within the other classes. We haven't necessarily listed a lot of points there.

Just painfully annoying to have an opponent who is well unknown to me.

"I gave you everything you needed to win. That person behind her, however, has seen that already."

"So what was I supposed to do then, fucker?!"

I have a lot of ideas, but almost all of them are pretty dangerous. The chance of being brutally countered in intelligence plays like before is way too high to execute.

However, there is always one method that will work, whether he likes it or not. Kushida won't reveal his identity that easily, after all, it will impact her indirectly as well if she does so.

And the probability of me failing after I got the name out of her is too risky for her to participate. This means, that if I fail, I will drag her down with me.

And she cannot afford to do that with her social standing right now...

But how am I supposed to do that?

"Kikyou. I won't ask you directly what his name is. But will you tell me what the closest person of his is?"

Violence. Violence was the method I chose. And in raw strength, he couldn't compare. Breaking his spirit to the point where there is nothing to recover from anymore, will indirectly cause a checkmate position.

"You see, I hate that bitch, but go easy on her."

"Kukuku, you saying it's her because you want me to demolish her, or is it because she is his closest ally?"

"Both. Do whatever the fuck you want with her. As long as you break both, I couldn't care less what happens and I will show unconditional support in that operation."

It sounds good, but hearing her being uneasy about this approach makes me wonder: Is he not only a genius but also strong?

I may admit that I am not the smartest academically, but wouldn't that mean he is just like me, but choose to remain hidden?

But what's the purpose of hiding?

...

"Kukuku, Kikyou, can you lend me a hand?"

"What for?"

<=><=><=><=><=><=><=><=><=>

Kiyotaka POV: two days later.

Sitting in class, I noticed a lot of things today. A lot of classmates have sent me weird stares but there was something even more complicated as this was the second last week before winter break...