X

"You don't have anywhere to go?" I asked Shawn, walking downstairs.

I saw him pouring himself a glass of orange juice at the island. In his night attire still. It shocked me, to say the very least. I'd just awaken from a slumber spent in the arms of him. But, I did not expect for him to be here. Usually he'd be leaving.

"No, I finally have a few days off. I'm going to make them special. I know I've been a complete ass, and Bey I apologize. I'm just really stressed. Allot of things are happening business related. But, it still gives me no excuse to be acting like I was towards you." He looked up acknowledging me as I walked over to him.

My mind was completely thrown off by the words escaping his lips. Again, I did not expect any of this. Who is this and what have they done to my husband? Apologizing? For being an ass? I couldn't fathom anything. How would I retaliate to this? After all the failed attempts of trying to get him to notice his wife.

I smiled softly. Questing for something to reply with.

"I don't know what to say I-"

The doorbell rang cutting my sentence short. Both Shawn and I's face scrunched together. Shawn immediately stood and made his way to the door. I decided to pour myself a cup of lemon water. By the time I'd finished with that, is turned around to be greeted by the faces of Maurice and Kae. My heart beat raced a marathon in my chest. I must've forgotten that we were doing construction today to the bathroom. But, seeing Maurice after our last encounter was hard for me. I began to feel a guilty conscience swirl in my head. Thinking about not the one, but all three kisses we've shared. And, our poor spouses whom have no clue that we've committed such scandalous actions. I was appalled with myself.

"Hey Bey, did you forget we were working on your bathroom today?" He spoke up.

"Uh-uh yeah. I'll get changed and we'll get started." I smiled nervously.

"And I'll be helping you guys today." Shawn added.

The look that Maurice unknowingly shot at Shawn was murderous. Kae stood oblivious in front of the body of him. Being held delicately by the waist. I could only hope for her not to catch a glimpse of that. She'd most definitely become suspicious.

"C'mon baby, lets go get changed." Shawn lent his hand out for me to take.

I took it shocked at this, he led me up the staircase to our bedroom. Where he'd closed the door. I went to go and find clothing fit for the job until I felt a slight tug on my wrist. I turned around to meet his face. He smiled down at me, holding the back of my cranium with his large hands. Placing a slow kiss open my lips. I immediately kissed him back, feeling his lips massage mine. Ever caress of our lips all I could think was of every time Maurice did. Guilt rushed over me like crashing tides. He pulled away from me breathlessly placing his forehead to mine.

"I'm sorry Beyoncé." He spoke.

"Me too." I admitted.

After sharing an intense moment with eachother, we quickly changed into something suiting the occasion and joined the couple downstairs. He held my hand the entire way descending them.

"You smell lovely by the way, new perfume?" He raised his eyebrow at me.

My heart melted at the fact he knew this wasn't my normal fragrance. A woman loves when her spouse recognizes the little things. And this, was most entirely a small entity.

"Yes." I smiled up at him.

We met the couple giggling on the sofa of our family room. Maurice was holding Kae's waist while she sat upon his lap. It was obvious he was murmuring with her that caused a light blush on her cheeks, a few giggles and even a 'Chris! Stop!'